It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does what the History Channel broadcasts end up being presented on ATS the next day

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
As the title suggests, I'm curious as to why every special on The History Channel shows up on ATS as "new theories" posted by members. I find this especially with the "Ancient Alien" series lately.

First, it seems that most of the junk on the History Channel is not new, but in fact repackaged ideas that have already been hashed out on ATS. Additionally, it seems like the History Channel gets some of their topics/info from right here on ATS.

Is it just that it seems new to some members? Is this just another example of people not searching before starting a topic? Is this guerilla marketing by the History Channel? Am I totally wrong and off-base?

[edit on 19-8-2010 by indianajoe77]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by indianajoe77

It could be that many people that just "woke up" or just started researching conspiracies find it new to them and think its new to all. That and not searching before posting.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I completely disagree, last night I learned about this brand new theory called time wave and a program called a webbot. Clearly sir, you are incorrect.

Although the info isn't new and the idea are not, they are getting to a broader audience that then drives more new info and ideas to our website. The history channel also sensationalizes their facts sometimes but if it drives interest to ATS, I'm cool with it.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by indianajoe77

Hello There!

Exactly my question,all the time now History are broadgasting Ancient Aliens,Mayans,2012,all this stuff.......and repeatedly......WHY.....????Did they want to educate pèople and get use to it......????

Peace,
e

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ekiusa

Advertising bucks brought on by people living in fear and the cheap option that is using doomsday prophecies and mumbo-jumbo to inspire that uncertainty and keep it instilled through ignorance rather than any attempt to educate or propagate the actual truth because of the possibility of loosing control over the masses.

That or they are hoping we'll all work as a well-oiled unified populous once the screaming monkey gods come back from Niburi through their wormholes and defend our liberties as true patriots of mankind as a team of people who love and share with one another and would die for our principles.

Which one do you think is most likely?

-m0r

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Rehash from ATS?
Please, ATS itself is mostly a rehash of stuff that's been around for decades. There actually was knowledge before the internet!
Really! No kidding!
We had these things called "books" that we read. And something called "radio" we listened too.
I know thats hard to believe, but it's true!

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Honestly, I think shows like Ancient Aliens are doing a good thing in raising public interest in UFOlogy to begin with.

Anything to do with aliens has always been associated with whacko's and armchair researchers, but I think Ancient Aliens is opening up people who would've never thought twice about the subject to compelling them to probe deeper (no pun intended
) .

If that's the only positive effect it has, I'll take it.

[edit on 19-8-2010 by SaosinEngaged]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by OldDragger

Yes it is true and i still read books and listen to the radio. But then again i know what a cassette tape,8 track and vinyl record is. lol

The great thing about ATS is all the members can post what they know all in one place. Like a really big "read at your own risk" library.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
What you should ask is why anything posted on the idiot box or via rss end u[ here....well i assume its a lack of cerebral stimulation.

top topics

join