It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Walk Your Dog? = GET YOUR FACE BEAT IN

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnemeth1
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

This lack of respect for authoritay is what led to his beating.

Sadly our society has devolved to the point where they expect respect that has not been earned. Just because one wears a uniform and carries a gun does not entitle them to instant obedience. Too many in the profession which used to "protect and serve" see their position giving them more authority than is warranted.

As the cycle progresses we will see more of this until finally the stories will be of officers being targets because of their uniform. Chaos is coming.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnemeth1
A man was walking his dog when he was assaulted by armed violent thugs in uniform for no reason.

Watch the video here.

Police have not issued a response in this matter, but we can rest assured that nothing will be done to the violent criminals in question.

Amazingly yet again, the District Attorney turns out to actually be a sane individual and dropped the resisting/obstruction charges against our dog walker.

The slave had whitnessed a police traffic stop and had walked over to the driver of the stopped car informing him that he saw him come to a complete stop and would be willing to testify at his trial – of course, this resulted in the slave getting his face smashed into a concrete barricade and having his neck stepped on.

Questioning the veracity of a God traffic stop is verboten.

Hopefully this slave learned his lesson.

*sigh* this happens all the time

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Boy what a over blown deal. The guy should consider himself luck, at least the LEOs did not shot his dog!

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
My question is how did this walker know what the guy was being pulled over for?

Why did he just go up and say, I know you made a full stop so I will act as a witness, something does not sound right. I get the feeling that he was going around, being nosy, asking questions and getting in the way, and that is how he found out...

That said, I don't really see why they would react to a nosy person in this way, unless he just kept refusing to leave, so they were going to arrest him for obstruction of justice....?

I don't know... Videos that show police brutality and alleged police brutality, always frustrate me.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 05:07 AM
link   
This is nothing new for Denver, this stuff has been going on for years, but its good to see that more and more of Mayor Hicks storm troopers are getiing caught on video, it's really tha wild wild west out here, but ya know, all they ever say is that the "city" dropped the charges against the criminal, but I get confused, because it was two cops, so shouldn't it be
"Criminals"?

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
reply to post by NoHierarchy

I think I may understand your point of view, I disagree with it, because I believe that humans are naturally predatory creatures and that humanity would not survive without the rule of law.

You must clarify what you mean by "naturally predatory" and "rule of law". If you mean what I think you mean then you're more/less wrong on both counts. First of all, humans are naturally GREAT predators. However, this does NOT mean that we are CONSTANTLY in search of something to kill (for any reason). During prehistoric times, humans, as a whole, ate MOSTLY plants, nuts, seeds, etc. and supplemented this with some meat (sometimes depending upon the culture/region). During modern times, MOST humans have NEVER killed anything larger than a mouse, let alone a human. We are not a naturally violent species, this is a myth. We ARE capable of great violence and aggression, but this is NOT what we live for.

As for the "rule of law"... for over 90% of human history we did not live in societies of centralization, hierarchy, nation-states, or codified law. Sure OF COURSE human society needs ORDER, we need certain codes of conduct, culture, and structure, but that BY NO MEANS equates to centralization or hierarchy, especially of power/wealth.

Correct me if I am wrong, but in your perfect world view, people would be out for their own interests only and their impact on society be damned.

First you are wrong in your use of the term "perfect". I do not believe in 100% perfection nor utopia. However, I DO believe that vast improvements ARE possible. Also, in my world view, the opposite would be true- I believe that humans function best, freest, and most sustainably in localized communities which are self-sufficient, in balance with ecosystems, and equal/egalitarian/communal. Of course a diversity of cultures/societies is welcome so long as it promotes an OVERALL sustainable level for our species upon the biosphere. However, if you consider my world view then you will quickly see that I do NOT support a cutthroat every-man-for-himself society which is based on utterly chaotic hedonism at the expense of others and the natural environment. I advocate the opposite in conjunction with a dismantling of EXTREME (and thus unsustainable) structures of coercion, power, ownership, food surplus, and wealth.

What you would end up with is an entire society like Detroit, St. Louis, Atlanta, Camden, & Washington, DC. People naturally band together for security, this is the idea behind gangs.

First of all- NO. Second of all, there's something to be said about the appeal of gangs and the many things people LACK in our society which a group identity/strength brings. Of course, a strong lack (and therefore desire) for group identity/security/victory/prosperity within our society can, and obviously has, brought about some serious evils. My contention is that human groups can be organized in such a manner as to eschew and avoid the violence/greed/stupidity/evils of gangs, hate-movements, jingoism, corporatism, militarism, mafias, organized religion, government, and so on. In fact there are groups of humans throughout ALL (and most) of human history up to this very day that embrace quite peaceful, sustainable, and even noble ways of life. For instance, band/tribal peoples throughout over 90% of human history and even up to this day, the Amish can certainly be included in many respects, intentional communities, and any FREE/successful human interaction day-to-day that isn't dictated by centralized governance or markets.

The Utopia of Anarchy can never exist because humans are naturally predatory, and territorial.

Once again this is false on many accounts. I do not (nor do most Anarchists) call for a Utopia. IN FACT, we acknowledge that humans will NEVER behave "perfectly" and therefore we MUST reduce the tools/methods/structures which give humans such extreme amounts of power/wealth/effect over each other and the environment. Regardless... humans certainly have tendencies towards being territorial, but this must be taken on a case-by-case basis with full consideration for culture. For instance, many ancient cultures are NOT always violent to outsiders and instead embrace a policy of WELCOMING outsiders and treating them as guests. I'm sure this changed over time, by necessity, for many cultures who HAD to adapt to a world being overtaken by hierarchical civilization, which necessitates protectionism and a healthy fear of outsiders. Because let's face it... whenever civilization has come into contact with other cultures, it has either served to annihilate, assimilate, or segregate them. In essence, I don't BLAME modern tribal people for rejecting our civilization... they have every reason to fear and reject its presence considering the long, disgusting, bloody history of it.

Anarchy is my reality and YOUR reality EVERY TIME you interact with somebody else by your own free will and without any coercion/influence by "higher powers" of government, economy, or religion. Most of our day to day interactions are more/less Anarchic, and we get along fine without intervention by authority figures. We must largely REJECT the unquestioned notion that authority figures (above and beyond the rest of us) are necessary for a peaceful, sustainable, and thriving society.

The reason that society works is because humans collectively decide what is acceptable and what is not, the problem in today's society is that fewer and fewer are deciding what is acceptable for the masses.

What you fail to realize is that this is ALSO POSSIBLE in Anarchist societies. Humans have always behaved under self-defined codes of conduct, cooperation, and order. However, most people blindly walk around with the notion that the ONLY thing that makes orderly, peaceful, surviving, thriving society possible are the authority figures and MASSIVE structures of power/economics that exist today. This is a SERIOUSLY FLAWED perspective that must be corrected. At the very least consider the long-term outlook for humanity- in our vision of the future either we will accept extreme hierarchies of wealth/power or we wont. I believe that such hierarchies cause more exponential problems than they solve and therefore must be intelligently reduced.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Another police vid of violence. I have said all along on here police are SCUM.

NO police officer deserves any respect. I would not help a police officer if he were being badly assaulted anymore.

The only police officer I like is Columbo - he's the man!!!

To the OP.

Great Headline. That should be plastered across all the papers. Its headlines like that that will get peoples attention. Nice.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

I have been wanting to join for sometime now. This thread was enough to make me sign up. First I would like to say I'm glad they didn't hurt the dogs. Clearly excessive use of force. We are no longer innocent until proven guilty or free. All we are free to do is keep our mouths shut and mind our own business. I for one would like to shake this mans hand for standing up for a fellow citizen. Maybe this man may be the kind of person they need running for office in their state.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whyhi
reply to post by mnemeth1

The cops are pirates for reasons other than the beating.

Due tell.

The motorist obviously wasn't following the law, hence the stop. This is what happens when someone is not following the law.

If you actually watched the video you would know the man told the person pulled over he saw him come to a complete stop and would testify in court for him when the police got involved.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whyhi
...This is what happens when someone is not following the law.

Well in a strange way you got this part right. This is what happens when someone isn't following the law. The cops that is.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I've always regarded dogs as dangerous. Now this proves it. Mind you, I went walking with a human last week and got attacked by a dog!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join