It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Walk Your Dog? = GET YOUR FACE BEAT IN

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
reply to post by mnemeth1

But according to your ideals of anarchy, this is perfectly acceptable behavior. See now the "victim" can sue the cops. So what's the big deal, it's your perfect world in realization!

I would figured you would be happy about this.

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding your point, I'm pretty tired so that may very well be! But speaking as a leftist-Anarchist... you seem to miss the point of Anarchism, especially in regards to this situation.

First of all, in an Anarchist society, these police would not exist. There would be no codified law against blowing a stop sign, and if they DID somehow exist and had attempted to pull somebody over for it, the driver would just laugh and keep driving. The man witnessing this would probably laugh too, and let's hypothetically say a couple of "cops" pulled somebody over in an Anarchist society, they wouldn't have the authority to make him do anything. Let's say hypothetically the man walking by offered his support as a witness... that man would have no reason not to fight back against the "cops". In an Anarchist society it'd simply be 2 humans fighting another human, and whether he ran away or fought back the cops have no state-sanctioned leverage with which to figuratively and literally crush the man's neck with without risking un-punishable recourse. Of course, bullying would likely not be tolerated in an Anarchist community, so the community would probably run the bully "cops" out of town with fire up their asses.

Second of all, there will always be power struggles and bullying, but a system that is BASED on sanctioned/enforced stratification of power (i.e. hierarchical civilization with cops above citizens) essentially INVITES bullying if you don't strictly regulate the police themselves. The undeniable history of civilization/nation-states is that hierarchy, increased power, and accumulation of wealth also INCREASED violence and oppression amongst people. If you take this system away you take the teeth away from potential bullies in power. Their power/position within hierarchy is a shield against fair recourse; we must ask if that sort of shield should be removed for everyone in a long term equal/sustainable/free society.

Once again, if I misunderstood you, please clarify/correct me.

[edit on 20-8-2010 by NoHierarchy]

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by bekod

to big as a side arm, and they do carry bean bag as well as net shots, but not used as of yet give them time and you will see" Man dies from bean bag" or "person is blinded by net shot" have you seen the video for the spray foam? try getting that slave in a primate transport.

Its already www.tribemagazine.com...

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I continue to wonder how much more of this are we going to take; just because a cop wears a costume and has a badge that says he's
private security with a corporation (most cities are nothing more than corporations), doesn't mean he can abuse you. WAKE UP PEOPLE; the cops are the enemy. And most judges are their henchmen that support their abuse. Why to get money for the corporation (e.g. city) and to maintain the illusion of the corporations jurisdiction over you, the citizen slave.

From the Declaration of Independence: ....whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government....

When will we awake?

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by NoHierarchy

Ok, if I understand you then, according to your view of anarchy anyone who wishes to dominate another has the absolute right to do so as long as they have the power to do so, so therefore if I understand your concept of anarchy, this behavior by the cops is perfectly acceptable because they have the power to subdue the individual.

Basically, in your version of an anarchist society, whoever has the power to subdue the other has the authority. So, if a person were to break into your home, and kill your family, there is no repercussions unless you have the power to act against them.

If I am not mistaken in your perfect version of society, these men had every right to beat the victim to a bloody pulp because they had the power to do so. Is that correct?

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I've posted on this general topic before but I thought the ideas might be pertinent in this thread as well.

Having been a security guard for more than twenty years, working without weapons of any sort and without backup, except in the most extreme cases (the guy who threatened to go home and get his Uzi and come back and shoot the place up), I know the value of diplomacy and a sense of humour and a sense of proportion.

If police, as part of the process of becoming a police officer, were required to apprentice as security guards for two to three years, before entering the police force, I'm confident that there would be a dramatic drop in incidents of this sort.

When working in a commercial environment, force, used against the customers, should be and most often is, the last resort, not the first. Security guards, who have to be diplomatic and eat regular helpings of humble pie, take themselves a lot less seriously than most police officers do.

That doesn't mean that they are wimps. Many of them are martial arts afficionados, who can take care of themselves if necessary, but at least they learn another "sweet science", the science of diplomacy and the graceful retreat. My two cents worth.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   
A friend recently recorded a scene in downtown Omaha, Nebraska where a cop saw a guy arguing with a girlfriend.
The guy was in no way physically intimidating or threatening the girlfriend.
She was actually shouting, using loud, profane language and acting irrational.
A cop runs up and tackles the guy, does a full UFC mount, then pummels the guy in the face "ground and pound" style.
A local passerby stops and starts screaming "police brutality". The passerby immediately gets tasered by the cop's partner.
It's almost beyond belief, and every incriminating second has been recorded in hi-def. I think these cops are history.

Lots of cops are just bullies who like intimidating others, but there's a disturbing
amount of violent psychopaths among their ranks.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Listen,punks!

Civil Disobedience is still Disobedience.

Learn this, or get your skull cracked!

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno

Ok, if I understand you then, according to your view of anarchy anyone who wishes to dominate another has the absolute right to do so as long as they have the power to do so, so therefore if I understand your concept of anarchy, this behavior by the cops is perfectly acceptable because they have the power to subdue the individual.

Basically, in your version of an anarchist society, whoever has the power to subdue the other has the authority. So, if a person were to break into your home, and kill your family, there is no repercussions unless you have the power to act against them.

If I am not mistaken in your perfect version of society, these men had every right to beat the victim to a bloody pulp because they had the power to do so. Is that correct?

Once again... this happens ANYWAY and is increased when powerful bullies are SHIELDED from potential retaliation/self-defense.

Also, we must be open to a diversity in potential Anarchist societies, INCLUDING the ability to defend themselves from bullies. Like I said, bullies will never go away, but an Anarchist society would likely give rise to no more bullies than we see now, ESPECIALLY if it wasn't in some kind of apocalyptic situation of fear, insecurity, and/or scarcity. In a hierarchical society of abundance, seeking/abusing wealth and power give rise to more bullies than would an Anarchistic egalitarian society of abundance.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by bekod
when will slaves learn to mind there own bees wax, keep thee nose out of LEO's job, wait for them to come to you if they do not, then move along, slaves should not get involved. this slave was lucky,he could have been tazered or shot.

Whats with all the slave stuff, Im no slave first of all. Second of all, people should get involved, stand up to these thugs. If you dont get involved, your just as bad as the cop who is doing the intimidating, or assulting. We have to stand up to these guys, and show them we are not afraid. Im certainly not afraid to get my ass kicked by the cops if it means standing up for someone who is in the right. Not all cops are bad, but the ones who are need to be shown that the citizen will not take thier crap. Im not saying to physicaly fight back or anything, but take a stand in what is right, you'll sleep better, I can gaurantee that much. All you people who think of yourself as slaves out there, its time to wake the hell up, and realize you are citizens who have a voice, and human rights, and should have the fortitude to stand up for yourselves and your fellow man for what is right, and not to get bullied by uniformed thugs................(the slaves need to be shaken from thier apathy)

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
ever watch the video of Land of Confusion by Disturbed....perfectly fitting for something like this.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Ive been noticing a very high amount of cynicism and sarcasm on this site. I would like to share the reason why I believe people are turning to these passive aggressive tactics of expressing themselves. Because deep down inside you are scared to step away from your families and desk jobs etc. Because you'd rather turn to words instead of action. All these idle threats I hear toward the authorities, whatever acronym you wish to ascribe tptb etc., are just hot air. Play the game to win and you too can be an elitist lol. I say there are some serious people on this site and those are the quiet ones on here gauging the emotions of the sheeple on ATS as a meter of what the general populace are thinking. They know the people are mad and the big mouths are labeled conspiracy theorists lol. Followers with no leader is how they regard everyone against their ways of putting the plan in motion. NWO is another word for power, thats it! There is no conspiracy and all these fantasies of UFOs and blah blah are just that, blah blah. It has been the same since the beginning POWER is the object and maintaining is the means now. You cannot usurp the power until you find a way to make people realize that they are the power! Until then we are all slaves to the system and hateful to each other. IGNORANCE! I believe Christ would agree with the brotherhoods of the world since his brotherhood was the Quamranian sect. " SONS OF GOD" cmon get with it. I understand eugenics, transhumanism, is the only way to be sure the future is bright. People with genetically predisposed rebellious natures mess up the plan of peaceful co existence. BLOODLINES? lol so what? They are just a drop in a teaspoon. Fear them? Please they can only kill one by one. "Strike the sheperd and the sheep will scatter". Wake up! Be the change you want in the world; meaning your perspective is the means to your end of happiness. What do you worry of the world? That is out of your control.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I bet next time he will keep his mouth shut.
Really, I wish we could hear and watch the entire video. Who knows what was said or done.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   

I think I may understand your point of view, I disagree with it, because I believe that humans are naturally predatory creatures and that humanity would not survive without the rule of law.

Correct me if I am wrong, but in your perfect world view, people would be out for their own interests only and their impact on society be damned.

What you would end up with is an entire society like Detroit, St. Louis, Atlanta, Camden, & Washington, DC. People naturally band together for security, this is the idea behind gangs.

The Utopia of Anarchy can never exist because humans are naturally predatory, and territorial.

The reason that society works is because humans collectively decide what is acceptable and what is not, the problem in today's society is that fewer and fewer are deciding what is acceptable for the masses.

I can personally guarantee you that had I been the man in the OP video, walking up on the officers, I would not have been touched by either officer. I have a non threatening demeanor, which tends to make people not want to attack me, (doesn't seem to work online very well) even if I am disagreeing with them. The man who was accused of running a stop sign may have gotten a ticket, but I would not be attacked by the police.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Look how many people just drive by, I would've jumped out to help the guy, no I'm not just saying it I have done similar things before, these scum bag should be shot dead.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Just another power tripping uniform.

These officers are under the assumption that they retain some sort of control over other people.

What most don't realize is that THEY have NO POWER over anyone. It's their uniform that has the power. Take away their uniform and they're just another civilian that any other uniform could do the exact same thing to.

Do you think the police department would think twice about firing this officer and replacing the person wearing that uniform? No, they wouldn't. And once that officer is in plain clothes once again ... where's his power over others?

These arrogant police officers are delusional pieces of excrement.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
I am only concerned with the public's lack of action.

The only reason this keeps going on is because there is no militia taking action to stop it.

To be honest this issue should have been tackled decades ago.

People in poorer communities have always been claiming to have been victimized by police brutality for quite some time, but because it wasn't in the neighborhood of the middle/upper-class general public, nothing was done about it.

Whats' worse, it was excused as being necessary in order to tackled tough neighborhoods even if innocent people like Amadou Diallo, and unarmed man shot 41 times by the police for answering his door, are casualties.

There was zero outrage on a national scale.

We've had plenty of talking heads in TV and radio justifying brutal videos of cops beating up suspects. Heck, we've had videos of something similar posted up here, even a video where a teen is run over and killed, but since it was clearly in a poor urban setting we got starred responses simply saying "another thug getting what he deserves".

What do you think that does to the officers who get addicted to that level of control?

You're looking at it.

It's nothing new at all, just new to a different segment of the population.

"We reap what we sow" or "the chickens have come home to roost".

Take your pick and become the new Rodney King.

- Lee

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   

What kind of trash post is this?

No value at all other than fear mongering.

Most cops do their jobs. Like any other job, some go out of bounds.

Unfortunate it is that punks like you report all the bad news to make everyone get all worried like the police are always the bad guys.

Imagine if the police weren't there at all, THEN who would you call when you wanted some help?

Welcome to my ignore list OP!

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I know a couple of people that are either cops or are training for it. Its strange, but I find myself afraid to ask them why they actually want to be LEOs. They are both quite conservative as I am concerning most things. They both believe in an American's right to self defense and the 2nd amendment. However, I couldnt enforce laws that I dont agree with, and I know that they feel the same. I guess my fear in asking them why they want to be cops shows a distrust these types of stories create. I will join the nearest militia, but never be a part of a corrupt system of enforcers.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by glitchinmymatrix

Most cops do their jobs. !

The problem is very simply that 3/4 of the people in prison are there for victimless crimes,drugs,gambling,prostitution. Bad laws create bad cops. Its as simple as that.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a similar incident just happened to my son in North Carolina Massive civil suit being prepared

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join