It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The American People have become Dishonorable & Unworthy

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

Well, America and its military are running rampant and out of control all over the world, more than pretty much any other country.

America's Big Pharma is poisoning people en masse across the whole world.

America's GMO is being forced on the whole world.

America's unconditional financial, political and military support for Israel is preventing peace in the Middle East.

America's banks are ruining the world economy.

America's Corporations are wreaking havoc with the envirnoment worldwide.

America and Israel are taking the world to tbe brink of WWIII

America's HAARP is bombarding the globe and messing with weather, etc.

America foments unrest all over the world.

America's criminal style of capitalism exploits third world countries whilst keeping them in poverty.

I am concerned that so many Americans still seem to think most of this is ok, and that so many Americans don't get that good people in other countries don't want this and don't like it, hence America has become increasingly hated worldwide.

I know there are good and bad amongst American people, but people in other countries of the world do not understand why they are allowing their Government to continue to commit such crimes.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by peck420
I see a lot of Americans claiming that they are "trustworthy" or honourable".

It's a shame that none of that matters.

It doesn't matter what your intentions are, or if you think what you do is good and just.

What matters to the vast majority of the world is how your government ACTS.

It's one of the greatest tragedies of modern times, people, under the belief of freedom and just rights and noble causes, ALLOWING their government to run rampant around the world.

You, as Americans, may not see it as bad, you may not even know that it happens, but to an outsider it's blatantly clear.

I have the good fortune of living close enough to meet Americans myself, so I know that the majority are good people. For many, your government, and the atrocities they commit, are the only form of America that they will ever know.

And after decades of having "Americanism" shoved down your throat by the barrel of a gun, you wouldn't think too highly of the US either.
First of all, I am not my government, thus I do not bear the burden of responsibility for how my governemnt (a separate and corrupt body) ACTS.

Secondly, I do not ALLOW my government to run around and do anything. Each member of my government is a grown up man or woman, allow them to bear the brunt of your concern, as they are the ones who should bear it.

The average American is nothing like the crooks and thieves running our country.

Instead of PSYCOanalyzing why not offer us Americans a soluton, preferrably a viable one, for your perceived notions of our so called problems.

As an American I love my country and find my freedoms here to still be firmly intact.

Today.

Despite my government.

I believe I have it much better than a lot of the rest of world.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I'm a little dazed.Yet ANOTHER hate-filled anti-American thread.
Sad to say, but I'm really starting to think ATS stands for "America:They Suck!"
How much longer is this vile stuff going to be tolerated on this site?
If I had created a thread screaming about how Muslims,Jews,Eskimos, Purple People Eaters, or whomever were "unworthy" and "beneath contempt", I would be eaten alive by the members and then warned and/or banned by the mods.
I was initially really happy when I discovered this site (which was fairly recently), but now- not so much.
Not sure how much longer I'll be staying....

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Skippy1138

Originally posted by Skippy1138
I'm a little dazed.Yet ANOTHER hate-filled anti-American thread.
Sad to say, but I'm really starting to think ATS stands for "America:They Suck!"
How much longer is this vile stuff going to be tolerated on this site?
If I had created a thread screaming about how Muslims,Jews,Eskimos, Purple People Eaters, or whomever were "unworthy" and "beneath contempt", I would be eaten alive by the members and then warned and/or banned by the mods.
I was initially really happy when I discovered this site (which was fairly recently), but now- not so much.
Not sure how much longer I'll be staying....

Yes, it's strange that there are no hate-filled anti-Iceland threads! But then you could never honestly write the following:

Iceland's Big Pharma is poisoning people en masse across the whole world.

Iceland's GMO is being forced on the whole world.

Iceland's unconditional financial, political and military support for Israel is preventing peace in the Middle East.

Iceland's banks are ruining the world economy.

Iceland's Corporations are wreaking havoc with the envirnoment worldwide.

Iceland and Israel are taking the world to the brink of WWIII

Iceland's HAARP is bombarding the globe and messing with weather, etc.

Iceland foments unrest all over the world.

Iceland's criminal style of capitalism exploits third world countries whilst keeping them in poverty.

(tip of the hat to wcitizen)

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I really like how in the OP the word 'YOU" was constantly thrown around, and then when people let the poster know how disingenius he was being, his next post was all about "WE".

Other than that, I will not take the bait.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

As a citizen of a "democratic republic" you ARE responsible for your government.

Your government is a representation of the people.

You are part of "the people".

You want solutions, sure, first admit to the problem.

The problem is, too many Americans are quite happy with the way things are. They don't want change, because change will mean giving up some luxuries that they already have.

They don't want to accept what their government has done, because under their electoral system, it means that they all share responsibility for the governments actions. They helped choose the government.

And if I hear about another American that VOTED telling me that the system is corrupt and that they get no say...well then DON'T VOTE. By voting you have sanctioned the actions of the government wether you voted for them or not...you have participated in the system.

The unfortunate truth is that your government runs rampant around the world to provide the "American Dream" to a select few Americans. And, the faint hope of becoming one of the "few" keeps the corrupt system running ahead at full steam.

If you want solutions....step one, start over.

You need to re-establish control from the top down, if that means generals refusing orders to attack other countries, so be it.

If that means rioting and protesting in the streets, so be it.

If that means the people of America standing, united, against their government, so be it.

If all that happens is a minority claiming innocence online, well, that wont cut it.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by slank

You forgot to add in heavy metal music somewhere in your rant too...

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen

Well, America and its military are running rampant and out of control all over the world, more than pretty much any other country.

America's Big Pharma is poisoning people en masse across the whole world.

America's GMO is being forced on the whole world.

America's unconditional financial, political and military support for Israel is preventing peace in the Middle East.

America's banks are ruining the world economy.

America's Corporations are wreaking havoc with the envirnoment worldwide.

America and Israel are taking the world to tbe brink of WWIII

America's HAARP is bombarding the globe and messing with weather, etc.

America foments unrest all over the world.

America's criminal style of capitalism exploits third world countries whilst keeping them in poverty.

I am missing your point for it seems we are meeting all our goals just fine as you have posted.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join