It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is our purpose here on Earth

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by seridium

What is our purpose here on Earth

You know, I think we may spend just wayyyy too much time pondering 'why' we are here while neglecting too often the living of it. You can finger through the pages of any book, looking for a quick paragraph to somehow give away the entire thing... or you and simply read it from cover to cover, page by page, enjoying the deeper aspects of it as you go.

I realize many weak individuals rely on religion and other crutches but I realise what is imaginary and what is not I know much knowledge about us but no one cares to transend to that higher level we are all doomed from the time we are born to do nothing with our lives because there is nothing worth while these days or is there?

I think you just bulldozed the entire span of human history

-Deep Breath!-

It's really pointless to debate religion/faith because while you may dismiss it as being for the weak minded, there are many who hold fast to it who would describe the disbeliever in the same way.

Who is right?

There's no way to know for sure... at least not until we have exhausted our own mortal coil. I would merely suggest judging others less and paying more attention to your own passage.

One day, take the time to observe the smaller things happening all around you. From my front porch, I have noted a pair of dragon flies that have set up shop and patrol the grass every day in search of dinner, while avoiding the birds looking for the same. They work like hell at survival but they never appear worried about how it was they were thrown into it all.

Guess they're too busy.

More coffee is needed now.

Cheers

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I still stand by that the purpose of life is something psychology says as "Self-Improvement."

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by LordBucket

It is the frist stage of controlling what we do.There is some that comes from it we learn to think for our selves and to communicate with others with intelligant conversation.But, it is mostly to controll society.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
this has gotten to be a religious argument i dont really believe that was intended. i dont want anybody to take this the wrong way.I'm not saing that I dont believe that there isnt a higher power or something greater than our selves.But, how can u truely believe that the bible has all the answers when it doesnt answer anything if it did we wouldnt be asking these questions. God didnt Hand down a book with all questions answered,He him self didnt hand us anything it was writen by men and i dont if I can trust anyone group of men . For centuries they have fought over this one book and murderd millions to make us believe that it was the one and only just like all the religions before it so who says that we are 100% for sure about anything. The more I think about it isnt it just another form of conroll? To instill fear enough to make slaves of all of us the very thing that it was supposed to save us from.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
my elders have always taught me we are here to learn and evolve as spiritual beings.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by seridium

Nobody knows the answer to this question or if there is indeed a "purpose".

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join