What is our purpose here on Earth

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Is there an actual answer for this question I sit and wonder daily what is my purpose what is the purpose of this so called life we live.
From Day one we are taught what someone else wants to teach us we are molded by our siblings and friends by TV, MSM etc.

But really have we lost purpose I sure as hell no my purpose in life isnt to sot here at work trapped like a convict for 8 - 10 hours a day then you get off work and do what watch T.V eat food procreate, lust dwell and get depressed cause this world is #...

It isnt what you make of it anymore either you cant make anything happen that you want to due to such control factors, im just bored and fed up with the way I live I guess.

I suppose I could have spent many years in college to get some hi paid job where my Wages are Garnished at a even Higher rate, yea sounds time consuming to me you try harder in life and tehy just take more money from your hard work that you did YOUR WHOLE LIFE, then your controller go and pay themselves high salaries that they dont deserve and if you have a problem with the way life is where you live you are told to write a letter to your MP well sorry to say Most MP's dont read these letters they hire interns college kids to review and reply nothing can happen it just seem's like such a dead end world of slavery we live in.

Are you happy with your life? why please ebaorate

I realize many weak individuals rely on religion and other crutches but I realise what is imaginary and what is not I know much knowledge about us but no one cares to transend to that higher level we are all doomed from the time we are born to do nothing with our lives because there is nothing worth while these days or is there?

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
life is completely useless for Earth or the universe
and there is no scientific evidence that prove that life is important

sorry : (

[edit on 19-8-2010 by daptb]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by seridium
Is there an actual answer for this question I sit and wonder daily what is my purpose what is the purpose of this so called life we live.

Generally? We're here to keep DNA moving along. To reproduce with variation. That's about it. No big mystery. Nothing more important.

On an individual level, we're here to try to help stabilize reality through observation. The more people, animals, and plants you have existing and observing reality, the more solid it becomes. That's just simple physics. Of course, any one individual doesn't contribute much, and when that individual dies, their portion of the holographic universe ceases to exist along with them. But for the moment, while we're alive, it all hangs together.

None of it really matters. And it may all just be an illusion. But that doesn't mean you can't enjoy it while it lasts.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Hello seridium, I too have pondered this and personally, I think some of our purpose includes the 3 "L's", live, learn and love. By live I mean get out there and experience what this life has to offer.

I think doing some volunteer work is part of our responsibility here that helps others which in turn helps ourselves and our world. This is why a couple of years ago I decided to start helping Habitat For Humanity one weekend a month. I also think reminding family and friends of some of the more positive attributes of being human is essential.

Doom and gloom consume, so we must consciously be active in seeking and sharing some of our more positive experiences here. Call a relative, give someone a hug or pay something forward are good examples of making the most of our time here.

my .02,
spec

Edit To Add: I think it is important too to have harmony with our planet , it is our life support system, and we should try and leave it a better place than before, give as much as we take.

[edit on 19-8-2010 by speculativeoptimist]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by seridium

The purpose to life and the reason for life are two different things.

The reason for life is to experience the self.

The purpose of life is to prepare to become part of the conglomerate again.

Jaden

It gets more complex but that is the crux of it. pm me if you want to get more detailed.

[edit on 19-8-2010 by Masterjaden]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
To know to love and to serve GOD.
To love our neighbor as ourselves.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I believe that there is a lot we don't know when we enter this world and it is our mission to find our True Selves. Books can help, music can help, anything really, it all depends on how you digest your surroundings. When you live in a system that is in discord with the universe's natural design, and you are a product of that design, then it should come as no surprise that you find your life to be unbalanced.

Our purpose as humans is to give and take, nourish and release, we must live in harmony with that which gives us life. Most people are not happy right now, because we are living in waste. Everywhere you look, all you see is material goods that amount to nothing more than garbage. Our lives become the things we worship, and so, our lives are garbage.

Do you ever think about how much more simple things would be if we let go of the machine and instead allowed ourselves to once again thrive off the fruits of Mother Nature? This is how life was intended to be on this planet.

Now, there is nothing wrong with technology. I think we just need to find and use technology that doesn't interfere with Earth's natural cycles and ecosystems.

[edit on 19-8-2010 by leira7]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Based on your last paragraph, if I were you I'd just jump off a bridge or something. You will never get it, because you clearly aren't "weak" or anything like that.

Everything you mentioned in your post was tied to materiality. Education, high paying job, cars, watching TV, lust. If that is really how you view life then it must be a direct reflection of YOUR life. If that is the case then you just answered your own question and I can't help you, because you aren't weak and don't need any crutches. I think you pretty much have it all figured out. Let me know how that works out for you.

BTW, where do you live? I want to read the obits.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Why do people go to school?

Some students go to school to learn. Others go because their parents compell them to. Still others go to school because that's where their friends are. What about teachers? Some go to school to teach. Others go because it's how they get money.

And of both students and teachers, some go simply because it hasn't occurred to them to do anything else.

You tell me. What is your purpose for being here?

I sure as hell no my purpose in life isnt to sot
here at work trapped like a convict for 8 - 10 hours a day

Ok. So that's not your purpose.

Why are you doing it?

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by General.Lee

What a sarcastic and demeaning reply to a valid personal question. You obivously have all the answers.

Regarding the OP. I have sometimes pondered the same question. I think its just a sign of taking stock of where we are and seeing which new road do we want to go down. If circumstances permit, we can make the choice.

As one previous poster commented the 3Ls. In which order and priority only the "I" can determine.

Good luck on your search and I hope you find "your" answer.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I was just pondering this question earlier today.
I feel that our purpose here may be for soul development. How we handle our personal obstacles and challenges and any growth that might take place may determine our next incarnation, wherever that may be. I've often heard that life might be a test. For all we know, it may well be, to see if we are 'worthy' of ascension or inclusion with another race or group of beings. Sometimes, I wonder if this might be the source of the concept of judgement, Heaven, Summerland, Happy Hunting Ground, etc. Who knows? Maybe we really are being 'watched' from the Moon and other places.
Maybe it's my limited human understanding, but I just can't shake the feeling that there must be a purpose. That purpose just may not be what we think it is. One thing is for sure; there is no lasting happiness in materialism, and coffins do not come with pockets. Therefore, I conclude that the purpose must be spiritual. That's just my humble opinion. I sure do wish that I knew though.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Everyone or most sane people realise that "life" on this planet is restricted, there isn't such thing as "free-will". What i've grown to learn is that i will not let any of the laws/orders stop me from enjoying what i can here, whatever it is that makes me feel happy.

I always make time for social hours, it's the top of priorities. Put them before work and you should be fine. Theres nothing any of us can do in order to change this "fixed" cycle of life. But i know one thing, don't let it get to you, because thats what they thrive on, control.

I too work day in, day out like a robot on a computer 10 hours a day processing payments. I also look up to the sky and think there is more to life than sitting at a desk. But theres nothing we can do, because we can't all work collectivaly together as humans. There will always be fighting, arguments and disagreement. I just hope im alive when some form of disclosure comes on all the bull they keep behind the people who have a right to know. None of this "need to know" basis crap.

Anyway, sorry, got me going there, some things in this life just don't connect. x

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
It is whatever we choose it to be.

I hope we choose species survival, planet preservation & social, biological, intellectual & technological progress.

I fear that our petty, genetic, built-in, evolutionary, myopic drives are leading us to a calamity, & quite possibly our own species, self-inflicted extinction.

Someone(s) with vision need to see this & redirect us to a grander, more inspired, more sustainable vision.
It would be best if all or most of us saw, understood & made the necessary adjustments,
But at this point a species & planet caring tyrant might be acceptable to me.

Uncontained chaos eventually dies.
We need contained, channeled & directed chaos for life, survival & progress.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I wouldn't be so antagonistic to religion/spirituality. I think simply a lot of what religion and spirituality are is learning. Learning is something to look forward to. You don't have to worry about "Well I'm really not doing anything exciting, what's the point of life" since learning requires your attention whenever you can give it. Learning is really one of the few things I think we can say changes day to day, and that's interesting. We need those days to grow, if I dare use that word

[edit on 19-8-2010 by ghaleon12]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
We were created as property. We had a purpose but that purpose has become warped and hidden from all of us for millenniums. It was so we could be a workforce to mine Gold for our Masters. That's it, nothing more elaborate than that, just like we breed horses or any other animal for "work", we too were bred to work.

However, something other happened to us during our creation, and something wonderful was placed within us. We were given free-will. Who and why may be the next big question, but those answers too are out there. We know why, we know who.

Within us lies a Soul, and that Soul exists because we are the Outer Manifestation of the Universe looking in on Itself in order to understand Itself. So in essence we are Creativity and Beauty, we are Science and Nature, we are the nerve endings of all that live in this Universe (along with all the other life out there). The thing is that since we are able to question our existence and ask why makes us reach outward to the Source. This is exactly what the Source requires of us, our expression of Living and Understanding of Everything.

As for a personal level of expression, yeah work sucks if it is work, why not instead reach for that which excites you. If something is exciting and you enjoy it then that is your niche, that is your expression, that is your purpose for being. Sadly, people listen to Society's needs above their own because they feel they cannot change their fate at being a Slave (most likely instilled in us from the time of our creation by our Masters).

Soon the Lords will return for their "bootie" and all the Nations and all the Leaders will have no alternative but to hand over the Gold. They will likely put up a fight and this is where the property gets put in its place. Nothing personal but we are nothing but property and we are here to serve our Masters. Thankfully one of those Masters had the insight, or volition, to include their DNA into ours; The Apple which gave us the ability to think outside of the beast-workers mentality we were meant to be; but then again, most are still locked into that mentality.

Time to render yourself Free of the Slavery before it is too late. Reach into yourself and find what excites you and follow your path. If it feels good it is good, if it feels bad then know that it is bad, at least for you. Work=bad, Play=good. Learn to play more!

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Our purpose is to learn respect for what it gives us and allows us to be.
We lost that long ago as a whole. I miss camping and being in nature.
Something euphoric about waking up to the suns rise and playing
in it's waters and climbing its terrain and that solitude at night when
the sounds, smells, sights of the woods are heightened.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
to provide 'stuff' for the bio-sphere
and to provide material in the eco-system

we are ultimately worm food, bio-mass

but during our brief four-score & twenty years of interfering with the Earth natural processes...

we should have killed or maimed dozens of others,
not necessarily with guns/bullets
but with engineered food stuffs, & cell phones w/ rare earth elements,
and of course the more than plentiful DepletedUranium by the ton, used in bullets & mines etc

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I have been studying Kabbalah for a month now. I would say that if there truly is a "purpose" to our existence on this Earth, the Kabbalah belief makes the most sense to me, and that is for everyone to attain the same state as the "creator". In other words, the same state of pleasure or happiness, in the form of giving and not receiving.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   

I dont have an answer to your question but i do have some advice maybe that will help. Have you ever read anything about the buddha?

Sidhartha Gautama Buddha. His story sounds much like yours. He wasnt happy with his life. He had a life of leisure and was protected from the world. He wanted to understand. He wanted to know his purpose and the purpose for it all. It was along the same lines of questioning that led to his enlightenment. It took a long long time and many trials and mistakes along the way. He dropped all his life of leisure and walked away from everything he loved. He went on the road and lived life day to day. He at times starved himself thinking ultimate suffering would bring enlightenment and it was after this that he realized it would not. Eventually he realized that the true path was to walk the middle way. The middle road between extremes.

Its this road i try to walk in my life. I do not count myself as a buddhist. I do not worship buddha as a god. I have no buddha statues in my home. I just identify with the story of Sidhartha Buddha. Alot of things never made sense to me when i was a christian. I still believe in a higher being and i know for a fact i dont understand it or even know why i am here. I am a lesser being trying to find the answers to life and my existence. I love to read philosophy. I love to study religion. I know that no human being on this planet has ever truly imparted the meaning of life yet. Some may have found it but for them it was personal. I think each man finds the meaning to their own life at some point if they walk the path long enough. If not then i believe we return to try again.

Its all a crap shoot i think. Karma plays en effect i believe also. Some are struck down early in life and its just #ty luck or bad karma. But i think they retuurn again. We are sadden for the loss to ourselves and we feel emptier but they are not suffering we are.

To me i think the truest meaning any life can have is to learn. Learn what it is to truly be human and finally realize we are all apart of one mind. That we are all connected and not seperately walking the path. We are just only aware of ourselves and our own suffering. Once we reach enlightenment we will truly begin to see. This is what i think is a close purpose to our lives. Some people may have many purposes to fulfill.

I will say this to you. I completely identify with the futility of the system you find yourself in and how unfulfilled you are.
So let me ask you this. Can you walk away from it? Can you stop being a slave to it or do you serve the system you hate. Can you walk out of your life like buddha did and seek your answers or will you serve the system that owns you and pray you find your meaning to life along the way?

For me the answer is simple. I will serve the system because my own enlightenment and seeking answers is secondary to the needs of the child i raise. I sacrifice all for him so that he may one day find his own answers to life while living as much of a struggle free life that he can. So maybe my other purpose is to serve while learning.

Anyways i just wanted to say i feel ya and from the bottom of my heart hope you find the answers you seek and that they bring you peace, joy and contentment in your walk on this planet.

As a side note i would like to refer you to a wonderful book i read years ago that i own a read from time to time. Its very good. It may answer some things for you. It will at least make you feel good. Its called "The Prophet" by Khalil Gibrand

[edit on 19-8-2010 by fizzy1]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Greensage

I love what you have written. I agree with most of it, if not all. We have yet to see to believe.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join