It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transocean accused BP of witholding data

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Transocean, the company that owned the Deepwater Rig is accusing BP of withholding critical data. Really, this does not surprise me. They have been far from open and transparent since this thing began.

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
its good to see them finally saying.

"This is troubling, both in light of BP's frequently stated public commitment to openness and a fair investigation, and because it appears that BP is withholding evidence in an attempt to prevent any entity other than BP from investigating the cause of the April 20 incident and the resulting spill," the letter said. Copies of the letter were also sent to government agencies and lawmakers investigating the spill's cause.

but what I hate about most article I am seeing about the Gulf Spooge,
starts off bad and ends with we are berry close we lowered the pressure from the top. and we are going to stop it from the bottom.

what is going on down inside the well, we might not ever find out.?

either its plugged or there is a fracture, neither of which they are reporting on with any detail.
I am growing tired of these articles. but thanks for posting it all info that needs to be dissected.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   

In a sternly worded letter obtained by The Associated Press, Transocean says that lack of information is preventing the company from informing state and federal investigators, and the families of those killed on the rig, about what happened.

According to the rig's owner, BP appears to be preventing any other entity from investigating the blowout.

Transocean also reveals that it reluctantly signed a confidentiality agreement at BP's request to obtain some limited data.

BP didn't immediately return calls for comment.

Source

Also see the contract workers had to sign, Is BP monitoring ATS? posting of documents may have brought them out.

I guess its going to be up the the states and the local governments to get the answers. We all know the feds won't act and if the do it will be in the form of a bail out to BP for all it's losses.

Living on the gulf coast this crap makes me Pissed. I sorta hoped they would send some of those private security contractors to keep me off the beach. I need some target practice

new topics

join