It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VIDEO: Modern Day Hitler Youth in Spain!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   

This is crazy!

Imagine if they did this country wide, and kept it up with these kids.

By the time they were in High School, they would have a generation of free police officers!

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I think it's great, it teaches those kids a lesson about laws and to follow them. If anything, by High School hopefully most have learned enough and will never be criminal.
Compares this to Hitler Youth is so crazy, disgusting and absurd that i can't even find the right words for it

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
My Grandfather was LEO in Germany. Totally different than what we have today with violence and even more violent Police.

At least the Kids are being shown the Serve and Protect aspect of being a Policeman/woman which is what Police work was founded upon.

Unlike the Hitler Youth.
Who were as a last ditch desperation effort were actually fighting towards the end of the war at 12-15 years old. The were given a single shot rifle and told to shoot the enemy until they were quickly killed.

Hey our current Pope was a Hitler Youth....wonder if he is still has his Uniform and arm band ?

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
While there are many many elements of the Hitler Jugend that I find inappropriate and just plain wrong. If you take away all the indoctrination, antisemitism and 'singling out of the weak', there's a lot to be said about such a program.

Helping the community, learning the importance of physical activity and even engaging in something like basic firefighting would seriously do wonders for today's youth.

Wild idea, but worth mumbling over. I know there's the Boy Scouts, but I'm talking proper national level.

I digress.

As for the OP, I like that they are learning responsibility and get an insight in what is considered wrong behaviour at such a young age. Like I said above, I'm sure it would help kids develop their higher reasoning abilities

my 2 cents anyway.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeanius

I dont think this is crazy. It is an example of a good community. They are investing in the future.

They are more pointing out health and safety issues that us adults sometimes forget. It might even save lives.

Please look at the age of the children. They are being supervised and having fun. Rather than rules being rammed down their throats , they are are being made aware in fun time away from school.

Look at the reaction of both men as they were corrected. Polite and softly spoken. If it was a real policeman then they might of reacted differently.

The final sentence spoken in the video states that this will only be done in the month of August as the kids will go back to school soon.

I have lived here for 12 years and the spanish do not think like that at all. Family especially the children are the heart of everything.

Please do not sensationlize a video when you dont understand the content and its parametres. It is just childish and misleading.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Here's a thread I started a few weeks ago. Now this is a real contemporary Nazi movement. One with the nationalistic fervor Hitler would loved to have seen.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Have you ever been to spain?
No i dont mean mallorca, ballerman and all the tourist boxes i mean the real spain!
I lived there a half year and KNOW that spain is the most "hippie like" country in EU! Even kids wear dreads and iros as if its normal!
Comparing to hitler youth is really stupid!
I know there are still some hardliners from franco regime but they are the older ones. Guardia civil are mostly compared to it as they wear a military dress and are a bit harsh to the people.
This police kid project are from the urban police forces what compares to normal police officers. Nothing starnge about them.
Really i never met so friendly police officers as in spain.
One time i was even sitting with one and talking for hours as he was interested in my book i was writing. You dont know how lovely they are! They really follow the guildline to serve and protect the people.
Surely there are bad sheeps in there as everywhere and i have to admit that i am no friend of the system as most members in here... Tho
This vid and the title is very contraproductive!

Peace!

edited to add: btw i am german too and know a lot about HJ. This has really nothing to do with the stupid indoctrinations the nazis made! Read 1984! There you can see how they where manipulated! This is just a little project for kisd to learn responsibility and cannot be compared to this!

[edit on 19-8-2010 by JimIrie]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
made no sense

[edit on 19-8-2010 by woodwardjnr]

top topics

join