It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shot fired at Al Franken's condo

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Shot fired at Al Franken's condo

www.politico.com

Minneapolis and Capitol Hill police are investigating a shot that was fired at the condo of Sen. Al Franken (D-Minn.).

Nobody was home at the time of the incident, which was not reported until after the senator and his wife returned home to Minneapolis after a two-day trip out of town on Tuesday and discovered the damage to their window facing the street.

Franken’s wife reported the incident to police.

“Right now it’s under....
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Has someone tried to assassinate the Senator? Could this be a conspiracy to either get him to go along with some piece of legislation. Could TPTB be behind this, or is it just some right-wing nut who is still sore at the seat gained by Franken? Could this be a ploy to take our guns or rights away? Whatever it is, I'm sure it's not good, irregardless of whether you like Franken or not.

I would have suggested an angry public, fed up with the corrupt antics of government, but then wouldn't they target anyone other than a freshman Senator?

--airspoon

www.politico.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 19-8-2010 by airspoon]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I wonder if he is caught up in some sort of criminal works gone wrong on his end. Wouldnt suprise me if this was the case, we all know how corrupt these politicians are these days.
That said, who really knows? I dont think we will get the actual trush of it all, instead we will be fed second hand information or made believe information to turn this into a political stunt of some sort so they can TRY to enact harsher legeslation(sp) for gun owners.
It could be anything really, knowing how deep these political hacks get their hands into everything.
Maybe it was a disgruntled voter, maybe someone who felt that their state was cheated.
Maybe it was a former lover.
I guess the only person who really knows what is going on is Franken himself. The question is[will he talk] or will he act/not act as if he has no connection to the shooter.

I guess time will tell.

To me, this doesnt sound like it was done by the hands of any professional.
Professional killers just dont take shots at peoples homes, they move in close and get the job done. This sounds more to me like some amateur thug/gangbanger thats trying to instill fear in the man and his family. Thats just my opinion though.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

I would have to beg to differ. This was obviously a warning to Franken, seemingly to tell him "comply or else". The Mob used to do the same kind of thing. With that being said, whomever did this, must have known that it would get publicity, thus giving it a whole new meaning. Hmmm....

--airspoon

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Angry producers looking for a little "Lateline" redemption.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I have to wonder if he was targeted at all. Could be a random fluke.

From the link-

Kimball said that “there was some damage to one of the window panes” in a double-paned window.

That reads to me like something that came from a distance away and by the time it got there, didn't have enough velocity to break both panes.

So, I question "Shot fired at Al Franken's Condo". Bit of conjecture there, no?

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
As far as I am concerned he is not a lawmaker to begin with and never was. I want him and his wife to repay all of the money the Secret Service will put into investigating this.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

That's what I was thinking. Perhaps there was a fight in the street and someone fired a shot. If someone was really trying to kill Franken I figure they would use more bullets.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Well, being a Minnesotan I can only say this....

He's not good enough...
He's not smart enough...
And gosh-darnit, SOMEONE dislikes him!

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
If someone was trying to assassinate him they'd be smart enough to know if he were home or not, and actually be aiming at him...not just in the general direction of his house that he may or might not be at. Sounds like a stray bullet from someone shooting at something else, or someone trying to just scare him...but assassinate him, I think not. I don't think you'd carry out an assassination attempt by just aiming at a building and hoping it hits the person you're aiming for even though you don't see them

[edit on 19-8-2010 by yellowcard]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Reporting from the scene:

Too soon?

Meh, it looks like someone threw a rock at his window ... which is a rather ironic thing to do if it's to protest his making fun of Islamophobes. Stoning is their thing.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I'm late to the party, but maybe one of the tea party/palin followers was also late to the party with their antics.

Americans have no business shooting at elected officials are scaring/coercing them. You voted, you're problem. Not the guy you voted for? Then blame the majority and realize their numbers are greater than yours.

It's like throwing a tantrum because the family voted to have pasta for dinner instead of pizza. (to put it bluntly)

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
What in the heck would make you think it is a palin or tea party member?

Not their style...

The terror and intimidation tactics are the fodder of the left traditionally (ie, black panthers, the unions, eco-terrorists).

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
It happened when he wasn't home. Maybe he paid somebody to do it? You know to further the left wing gun grab agenda.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by YourPopRock

See link for reference....

I know it's not the best source, but MSM had it all over the place before summer broke...
Palin tells followers to "reload" and "aim for"

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by canderson180

thats called ANALOGY...........lol

I love it when you guys immediately jump the gun to the Tea Parties, or conservatives, before having any of the facts...

OF COURSE it COULDNT have been anything else......

Yikes......what is this country coming to when people are so pre programmed that is the first place they go without any information on the incident...

Sad........

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by canderson180
reply to post by YourPopRock

See link for reference....

I know it's not the best source, but MSM had it all over the place before summer broke...
Palin tells followers to "reload" and "aim for"

She is referring to elections.

Seriously, more people hate Frankin than just tea party members.

With the number of felons who illegally voted for him, he actually lost the election. Lots of people would probably love to take a shot at him!

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
No I was referring to the string of incidents that took place when people did not understand the metaphor as she intended, and the few bad eggs in the bunch took things too far with gunshots and rocks through windows of dems.

If you intend to call people out just to be calling people out, take your conversation elsewhere, otherwise, if you intend to engage in legitimate conversation and maybe ask for clarification when necessary, then I am here all day.

ATS is not here so you can belittle other posters...

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
After someones reply saying that it may have been a shot fired from a distance, it had me thinking. If the glass was only broke on one side and didnt completely break the glass, what makes them think it was a bullet?
Did they recover a round? Or did they just automatically assume that it was from a bullet? Hell, it could have been someone who just threw a rock at the window.
If someone was shooting at his house, there would have been more damage done. If they didnt recover the bullet, then how can they say it was a shot fired?And if there was a shot fired at the window, why didnt it make it through the window(unless it was just a mere accident)?

The more I think about it, the less I am convinced someone was shooting at this mans home. I think this is just a publicity grab, orsomeone really sccrewed up on their "investigation".

edit

[edit on 19-8-2010 by Common Good]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join