It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What a Dreadful Mess! Man made Crop Circles......

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
reply to post by DCDAVECLARKE

You think? That's probably why they don't make it onto Lucy Mingles site or in Collin Anderson's books.

No doubt there are hoaxers. Obvious ones.

The problem is people think other people are making the elaborate ones too which is giving their fellow-man way too much credit.

You know, people always cry 'lemme see proof'? Well, show me one video (or stills) of people making these huge crop circles then. Provide proof please.

There's a HUGE difference between this:

and

this:

Do you really think a man cannot create that intricate cirlce? Do you want to believe in aliens drawing in corn so badly that you have to degrade our abilities? When did stomping grass into pre measured mathematic shapes become mopre than rocket science? What about that circle is impossible?

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Slippery Jim

Why do you refer to me in the 3d person? keep it up an you go on ignore

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
1 word. Kaleidescope
line 2

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
If some circles were made by aliens, wouldn't you expect to see something more impressive? Something that utilized technology?

Like maybe, an ASPHAULT circle!

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by DoomsdayRex

The criterion for judging what is man-made and non-man-made is NOT the quality and appearance of the crop circle. That is rather a subjective criterion that can be endlessly debated. A good crop circle researcher NEVER decides on the basis of appearance. Rather, he or she examines the stalks of the downed crops and compares them scientifically with samples randomly drawn from outside the crop circle. Swollen nodes is one of the signatures that Doug and Dave have not been at work, provided the crop is ascertained not to be young. Also expulsion cavities in the nodes and signs of significantly higher degrees of crystallization in the clay of the soil inside the crop circle, which would require crop-destroying, high temperatures and pressures to achieve.

Some of you need to advance beyond the elementary level of debate that maintains you in rigid postures of belief or disbelief. Better still, get out of your cozy armchairs and DO SOME FIELD RESEARCH.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

You really don't get it?

Some people can do things much better than others.

I can try to make Star Wars using my camcorder and laptop but I don't think Lucas would be impressed!

Try to think about things before you embarrass yourself on an international website for God's sake!

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   

You know, people always cry 'lemme see proof'? Well, show me one video (or stills) of people making these huge crop circles then. Provide proof please.

Show us one video or still of aliens making the crop-circles.

There is a big difference between this...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/986ad78b1c43.jpg[/atsimg]

And this...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/dcf033329b2f.jpg[/atsimg]

Should we assume aliens painted the Death of Socrates? After all, the skill is much more advanced that someone learning to draw and we have no video or still of Jacques-Louis David actually painting it.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by YourPopRock
If some circles were made by aliens, wouldn't you expect to see something more impressive? Something that utilized technology?

Like maybe, an ASPHAULT circle!

Haha yeah. I have been saying the same for a while too. I want to see a 15 minute intricate circle made on the Belt parkway or in some concrete. That would be paranormal. The fact is that all crop circles are made in soft material in areas where no one is around. That's not paranormal. It's ppl making illegal corn graffiti. Wouldn't aliens make a circle in concrete or brick if they wanted to get our attention?

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by micpsi
.Swollen nodes is one of the signatures that Doug and Dave have not been at work, provided the crop is ascertained not to be young. Also expulsion cavities in the nodes and signs of significantly higher degrees of crystallization in the clay of the soil inside the crop circle, which would require crop-destroying, high temperatures and pressures to achieve.

Why could some of these not have man-made causes or be the result of natural phenomenon?

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by DCDAVECLARKE

Why do you refer to me in the 3d person? keep it up an you go on ignore

Because I was replying to someone else about you.

Keep it up! You're really digging your own hole here!

Oh, and if you want to put me on your ignore list feel free. I won't reciprocate and everytime you post something illogical I'll reply to it and, to you, everyone will be laughing about you behind your back. Go ahead.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Apologies for making a simple human error. Thank You for pointing that out. Since you know more than I, Please explain how they work

(I already know - but PLEASE educate Me! - Thanks W)

[edit on 19-8-2010 by TortoiseKweek]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Slippery Jim
reply to post by Human_Alien

You really don't get it?

Some people can do things much better than others.

I can try to make Star Wars using my camcorder and laptop but I don't think Lucas would be impressed!

Try to think about things before you embarrass yourself on an international website for God's sake!

I'd watch your version of Star Wars

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   

What's more likely? That aliens came here and made them or humans?

If humans can create stuff like the Sistine Chapel roof then making patterns in crops should be a piece of cake...

[edit on 19/8/10 by Edews]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by DCDAVECLARKE

Great post Dave !

You've awakened the trolls .

S&F !

Men with Planks ... !!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!? ..... NOT

Bwaaaaahahahahahahahaha

[edit on 19-8-2010 by radarloveguy]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/986ad78b1c43.jpg[/atsimg]

Proof positive we are being visited by rubbish aliens!

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex

Show us one video or still of aliens making the crop-circles.

There is a big difference between this...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/986ad78b1c43.jpg[/atsimg]

And this...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/dcf033329b2f.jpg[/atsimg]

Should we assume aliens painted the Death of Socrates? After all, the skill is much more advanced that someone learning to draw and we have no video or still of Jacques-Louis David actually painting it.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAH! Best post ever! That is exactly what I was trying to get across with my crayon/Mona Lisa analogy. hahahah that's great, Doomsday. That stick guy is hillarious!

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by spinalremainI'd watch your version of Star Wars

It might look something like this:

Don't watch if you are offended by bad language!

And you probably won't get it if you haven't watched the film "Snatch."

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by spinalremain

Im an Artist an iv been hanging out in the West of England on an off for 38 years
I know Whos who in Artistic circles (pardon the pun)
none of us could or would try to make complicated circles with Mathematical formulas an Binary codes..

link   
reply to post by spinalremain

Though I would hardly agree that post was the best ever on ATS, I appreciate the sentiment. Thank you!

link   
Sure! I suppose Man COULD'VE made all the crop circles (overnight within hours all across Europe/America, starting in the 1990's for no apparent reason or claim...............) as could some off-world alien species too (or Mother Earth herself).

At least I sit here wondering what they all mean while you sit there.......not understanding why its being done.

Are you saying this is just a covert hobby?
Or...a form of art without a signature?
Or is it an attempt to confuse the handful of people who even know about this?

Until this is proven either way, I'll stick to my alien (or natural) enlightening belief and you stay in your nonsensical man-made belief.

Somehow, I think mines a bit more pleasant!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join