It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Jewish science' or 'liberal conspiracy'? Debate re-emerges over Einstein

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   

'Jewish science' or 'liberal conspiracy'? Debate re-emerges over Einstein

www.stljewishlight.com

More than a half-century ago, the Nazis dismissed Albert Einstein's groundbreaking theories as "Jewish science"; in recent years Holocaust revisionists have taken up the anti-Einstein cause. Now, the legendary physicist is facing a new wave of attacks - this time from conservative bloggers who say that his theory of relativity and its iconic formula, E=mc2, are part of a "liberal conspiracy."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
This article states clearly that any doubt or question to the Theory of Relativity is a direct result of religious/ideological bigots and their agenda. My only problem with this is that there is no in-depth debunking of the claims put forth by the "conservative bloggers".

Initially, many scientists disbelieved [Einstein's] theories, but gradually, they came around. Experimenters from around the world set about trying to prove - or better yet, disprove - Einstein's theories. Now, a century later, his theories are universally accepted in the scientific community.

.. continued...

Schlafly's argument against Einstein appears to conflate relativity, a theory in physics about time, space and gravity, with relativism, a philosophical argument about morality and human experience having nothing to do with physics. He points to a 1989 article by liberal law professor Lawrence Tribe in the Harvard Law Review. Now widely disseminated on the Internet, Tribe's article uses relativity as a metaphor for understanding constitutional law. In the footnotes, Tribe thanks the man who was then the editor of the review: a law student named Barack Obama.

Hence, a liberal conspiracy.

Let me preface this by stating that I do not have any reason to doubt the Theory of Relativity. Admittedly, I am not expert in either physics or mathematics. I do however have an interest in this area and which to explore the more controversial aspects relating to such.

Consequently, this article has piqued my interest. The source is a Jewish publication, which could obviously be biased (not inferring that it is).

Here's the referenced conservapedia.com entry for the Theory of Relativity.

The article linked above cites numerous counterpoints to the Theory of Relativity. Here is the opening statement:

The Theory of relativity assumes that time is symmetric just as space is, but the biggest early promoter of relativity, Arthur Eddington, coined the term "arrow of time" admitting how time is not symmetric but is directional. The passage of time is tied to an increase in disorder, or entropy. The Theory of relativity cannot explain this, and implicitly denies it, specifically allowing for theoretical time travel (e.g., wormholes) and different rates of passage of time based on velocity and acceleration.

Most of the counterpoints are mathematical, which is all Greek to me.

Perhaps some more knowledgeable ATSers than can weigh-in and properly refute the claims and counterpoints being by the conservative source? Really though, I'd like to hear both sides of the argument - And I'm sure both sides are represented here at ATS.

Thanks. I'm looking forward to your responses.

www.stljewishlight.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

NOTE TO MODS: Please don't hesitate to relocate this thread at your discretion.

[edit - readability]

[edit on 19-8-2010 by misinformational]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I've read this too.

It's like Dark Matter, it's something physicists couldn't figure out using normal science.

That's why they are now looking for the "God" particle which will in theory plug the holes current science has in it now.

So yes, something is wrong with current science, there are forces it can't explain using Einsteins equations, they call these problems Dark Matter as they are in the dark about it, and they are trying to find something that can make his equations work.

At one time, Scientists got killed for claiming the world was round and going against a previous "great thinker".

Notice how your article calls todays scientists "revisionists". ROFL

[edit on 19-8-2010 by Jeanius]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
The e=mc2 conspiracy was invented to stop republicans from traveling at the speed of light.
THOSE BASTARDS!

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
To be honest... People give to much credit for Einstein because the MSM didn't give credit for the scientists that come before him that basically gave all foundation to the theory... like Henri Poincaré, Max Planck etc

I see Einstein more like Thomas Edson (marketer)... He is far far away from to be Tesla!

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by blackcube

agreed, Einstein as a genius as he was
most likely had work from others he used and studied to come to his own
conclusions

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jeanius
I've read this too.

It's like Dark Matter, it's something physicists couldn't figure out using normal science.

That's why they are now looking for the "God" particle which will in theory plug the holes current science has in it now.

So yes, something is wrong with current science, there are forces it can't explain using Einsteins equations, they call these problems Dark Matter as they are in the dark about it, and they are trying to find something that can make his equations work.

At one time, Scientists got killed for claiming the world was round and going against a previous "great thinker".

Notice how your article calls todays scientists "revisionists". ROFL

I don't think this indicates something wrong with current science. I believe this is an indication of the nature of science itself - We are only able to measure that which we can observe - until then, everything is a theory.

I think most scientist accept this fact - which is demonstrated by looking at the malleablabilty of any scientific topic and is a testament to the scientific method.

However, my question relates more directly the Theory of Relativity itself. Certainly the theory isn't perfect, no theory ever is. But the assertions of this conservative blogger dispute the very nature of the theory itself.

For example, conservapedia.com asserts that time is not curved like space, but is directional - this completely contradicts General Relativity.

I'm interested in hearing anyone that cares to either dispute and affirm these assertions. Any takers?

[edit on 19-8-2010 by misinformational]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
What a great point raised.

On one one hand it does seem as if the conservatives are using this as a means to stir up controversy.

On the other it does seem interesting in respect to conspiracy. I was considering something along the lines of "Someone slipped Einstein a glimpse of the secrets behind the curtain, and told him to publish it." But speaking of his predecessor's as mentioned in the article as being a source for such knowledge would be refutable simply by reading what they accomplished. As their work was not near completion so he neither copied nor originated it. Nor is his theory really a closed one, now is it? Science has always been a body of work, has it not?

In the end only a handful of intelligent people still know the truth, or the closest we can get to it.

When it's an attack on Jews and it's from conservatives, I'm usually 100% sure it's foul play though. Call it a.... "hunch".

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Science is too much of a religion nowadays, with nobody being allowed to even question the standards..

I start to feel more and more that modern day "science" (job creation for the public) is just tagging along behind centuries of hidden science in any field imaginable, Einstein being just the spokesman put forth to sell it.

There are many holes in Einstein's theories he himself knew about, and simply avoided dialogue about. Im no expert in math either so i can't say what exactly, but I've seen various documentaries about it.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 06:31 AM
link   
its not like einstein wrote the article, for all we know einstein would have disagreed with the comparison of the constitution to relativity,

besides its not like they are saying e=mc2 is wrong are they?

or didnt that bomb we droped go off???

all they are saying is that the article itself is propaganda, i think i could agree.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by pryingopen3rdeye

Not quite, if you take a gander at the conservative blogger's entry for the Theory of Relativity there is a lot of actual supposed science that works to dispute Einstein's theory.

One of which completely dismisses Einstein's "Special Relativity" - which defines the structure of spacetime. This blogger would have us believe that time is not curved like space.

I was really hoping to get a scientific (or least mathematically) consensus from ATS regarding not the article, but the blog entry (because debunking is always great fun).

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I believe Einstein is over-rated. But, unlike practically every other scientist or engineer who ever lived he had a little sex appeal and charisma. So, he is used as the poster boy for the promotion of the technocracy. His ideas were not unique to himself. A scientist named Thompson derived e=mc^2 from Maxwell's equations well before the theory of relativity was published. Planck came up with Planck's constant before Albert did his thing with the photoelectric effect.

an interesting article: users.isp.com...

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
What bothers me about the special theory of relativity is that when 2 reference frames are compared with respect to a photon flying through space the parameters in one of the reference frames goes through changes. Nothing in space can be considered at rest. Everything in the universe is accelorating at all times. So my question is what determines what reference frame goes through the time, distance, mass dilations?

If something is moving away from you at a velocity it means that you are also moving away from it at the same velocity.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
The funny thing is I don't believe Einstein wrote his papers by himself.

He had a secret first wife, a Christian, named Mileva Maric. All his important theories were created during his marriage to her. None before and none after.

Mileva was a friend of Tesla and came from the same general area. She was a graduate student working on a related subject. In his letters to her, he referred to his paper as "our theories". He gave her all his Nobel prize money.

PBS did an entire special about her.

Here's the link:
www.pbs.org/opb/einsteinswife/milevastory/index.htm

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Daughter2

Many thanks Daughter2. I've read mention Einstein's first wife. I'll have to see if I can did it up... According to what I read, the idea that his wife contributed in large part was dismissed upon the credence of some evidence (this was a bit back so I don't particularly recall).

Regardless, I'll have a look at your link.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by misinformational
reply to post by pryingopen3rdeye

...This blogger would have us believe that time is not curved like space...

so by his opinion, astronauts in space for years on end would still age the same time as everyone on earth, and when returning there would be no difference between them and their twin brothers on the ground.

hasnt nasa performed experiments to verify thats not the case?

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Einstein while born Jewish later became a deist.

www.godandscience.org...
www.deism.com...
www.examiner.com...
www.suite101.com...

new topics

top topics

join