It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New case & new video: Man walking dogs alleges police used excessive force

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   

New case & new video: Man walking dogs alleges police used excessive force

www.kdvr.com

DENVER - What started as a walk to the park with his dogs ended with a trip to the hospital for a Denver dog owner. 32-year-old Mark Ashford says he was beaten black and blue by two Denver Police officers.

"They punched him and pinned him up against the fence and forced his head into the concrete." Ashford's attorney, Will Hart, said the beating that was caught on camera is a clear case of Excessive Force. "This happened when he was walking his dogs, he has a conversation with another citizen that the police officer doesn't like and as a result, he ends up in the hospital," said Hart.
(visit the link for the full news article)

www.kdvr.com...

[edit on 19-8-2010 by KilrathiLG]

Mod Edit: Breaking News Forum Submission Guidelines – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 19/8/2010 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
well thats two for denver in 2ish weeks this guy was just walking his dog seems like denver is not a place to even try dealing with police but in all fairness he did offer to get involved and then fail to provide his id so its alittle less cut and dry then that guy on his phone getting beaten up good for him his dogs were small otherwise they probaly woulda been shot too so any ats's from denver wanna talk about how this makes them feel in regards to the cops that are supposed to protect them instead of beat the crap out of them?

(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Breaking News Forum Submission Guidelines – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 19/8/2010 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Wow. I'm shocked, surprised and amazed.....that they didnt shoot his dog.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by KilrathiLG

What was the conversation that went on between another citizen that the police didn't like about?

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
The guy who got beat up, merely (and properly, I think) offered himself as an eyewitness defending the motorist in fact against the citation for 'failure to stop at a stopsign'. The uniformed 'small-man' got upset at exposure of the racketeering operation and was attempting to protect his state-run extortion scam from effective opposition...

Oh, am I wrong about that? I just looked at the video and combined that with my experience in the cash-register traffic court system of Anytown USA and noticed the obvious similarity.

maybe I be getting the beatin' I be needing soon... Yes massah, I be wantin' ta git mah mahnd right! Thank ya massah... oh thank ya

more than twenty years ago, I was discharged from military service...

back then there was a distinct difference between life on base and life in the civilian world... not so much anymore, I guess

[edit on 19-8-2010 by AntiShyster]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Sadly, Denver is fast becoming a brutal city to live in. Shootings, teen prostitution, agricultural trespass plea-bargains for every illegal that lives here (Yes Denver is a sanctuary city too). If it wasn't for the fact that the legislation is being proposed to mirror the Arizona state laws, and the fact that "big brother" cameras are actually being useful to catch these idiots with a badge, I would have to move. I am not saying that every law enforcement official is a crook or bully. I have great respect for the Sheriff's departments of every county I have been in. Just the ego-centric "men in blue" that patrol the streets and perpetrate these acts on citizens get my dander up. Of course, proving them guilty of anything is another story.......

Hey, at least we have Tebow! Spread the word! :-)

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I wonder if they would've touched him had he been walking larger dogs more likely to defend their owner?

This pair looks like Mutt and Jeff in blue. There no "alleged" about excessive force here - I'd take a few punches for the kind of money he will probably get out of this.
The cops were way outta line here. At least the one had the decency to get the leash to keep the dog from running out in the street and getting squished. I was wondering if they were gonna do that at all.

Lesson? Get bigger dogs and keep your mouth shut around police, not that you should HAVE to but reality being what it is. I have enough common sense to know how to avoid a beating.

top topics

join