It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clif High Predicts Crustal Shift on Mayan End Date

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by hippomchippo

Originally posted by ChemBreather
well, having continents moving across the globe without the crust being influenced or moved is redicules...

It is like moving only the top layer of the orange peel, cant be done ..

You're the only one saying that's happening.
I'm saying it's a very very slow process, whereas you seem to think it's going to be a violent life changing rift, I showed you a current rift thats developing, but apparently you wanted none of that and just kept on talking about violent rifts.
It simply doesn't happen, you should get back to solar flares, atleast those can happen.

Did i say it happends violently ?
I cant remember that, but, I think it happends fast yes, that 'millions of years ago' I think is a BS lie to keep people Relaxed and not think that things Do infact happend in an few thousands years cycle...

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   

yes it is, for decades the experts have said life in space in impossible because you need an Earthlike planet for life (as on Earth) to exist, they have found many, ,yet there is no reson to belive life out there exists, yet by their own criteria there should be lots of life..

Continents moving around without the crust that the plates are on moving along with it is noncense !!!

That's nonsense, it has no relation to whether or not the crust can shift violently. Just because people have ridiculed the idea of aliens doesn't mean any crackpot theory is valid.
Amazing that you still haven't clicked the link I sent you about an ONGOING RIFT, ignorance must be bliss.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   

reply to post by Danbones

Yes, I bet you in 2015 when the Earth is all turned upside down, people will come on here and say : See, 2012 was BS, yet, it has been going on for 10 years, one needs to die to thing Oh Shait, 2012 was correct...

Those bones was according to MainStream blown there by tornados..

I love the logic.

There was a cataclysm somewhere in the earths past, THEREFORE 2012-whateverdateicanthinkof it's going to happen again!

Then you would probably proceed to quote ancient texts that never reference 2012.

Lol, what is your agenda here ? ' I should procede to quote ancient texts' ? What is that BS sir ?

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Yes, I bet you in 2015 when the Earth is all turned upside down, people will come on here and say : See, 2012 was BS, yet, it has been going on for 10 years, one needs to die to thing Oh Shait, 2012 was correct...

I love the logic.

There was a cataclysm somewhere in the earths past, THEREFORE 2012-whateverdateicanthinkof it's going to happen again!

Then you would probably proceed to quote ancient texts that never reference 2012.

Lol, what is your agenda here ? ' I should procede to quote ancient texts' ? What is that BS sir ?

Why do I have to have an agenda? Because I have differing views?

You're comparing apples and oranges here.
It's like saying, because people ridiculed the idea that the earth was round for decades, my theory of the moon being a giant organism trying to eat the earth is valid!

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by hippomchippo

NO ! I wondered why you would expect me to procede with posting ancient Texts..

I did not mention any thing about you having diffrent views , stop playing on words...

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   

yes it is, for decades the experts have said life in space in impossible because you need an Earthlike planet for life (as on Earth) to exist, they have found many, ,yet there is no reson to belive life out there exists, yet by their own criteria there should be lots of life..

Continents moving around without the crust that the plates are on moving along with it is noncense !!!

That's nonsense, it has no relation to whether or not the crust can shift violently. Just because people have ridiculed the idea of aliens doesn't mean any crackpot theory is valid.
Amazing that you still haven't clicked the link I sent you about an ONGOING RIFT, ignorance must be bliss.

Like I said: How can you move the top of the orange peel without moving the bottom layer of the orange peel..

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   

All turned upside down... All turned upside down... Reminds me of something... Oh ya!

This is a story all about how
My life got flipped-turned upside down
And i liked to take a minute
And sit right there
And tell you how I became the prince of a town called Bel Air

In west Philadelphia born and raised
On the playground was where i spent most of my days
Chillin out maxin relaxin all cool
And all shootin some b-ball outside of the school
When a couple of guys
Who were up to no good
Startin makin trouble in my neighborhood
I got in one lil fight and my mom got scared
She said your movin with your auntie and uncle in bel Air

I whistled for a cab
And when it came near
The license plate said fresh and it had dice in the mirror
If anything i can say this cab is rare
But i thought naw forget it yo homes to Bel Air

I pulled up to the house about 7 or 8
And i yelled to the cabyo homes smell ya later
I looked at my kingdom
I was finally there
To sit on my throne as the Prince of Bel Air

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Like I said: How can you move the top of the orange peel without moving the bottom layer of the orange peel..

Good lord, you really are ignorant.
Please, go study plate tectonics for atleast a day or two before you try to spout this nonsense, you've ignored every single one of my posts and instead tried to rely on the old "WELL PEOPLE HATE ALL NEW IDEAS" garbage.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Nah I bet in 2015 I will be at home watching 2012 on the 3rd anniversary of December 21st 2012 and laughing my butt off on how ridiculous it was.

Sorta like this....

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by epsilon69

Very creepy and interesting post. If what you say is true then untold destruction has hit this planet in the past. But what proof do we have that a pole shift is coming and that a solar magnetic outburst could cause it?

Do you know how they remove stickers from cars ?
They use blowtourches and the glue get all unglued, then you can actually pull the sticker off because the glue is not holding the sticker anymore..

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gentill Abdulla

Nah I bet in 2015 I will be at home watching 2012 on the 3rd anniversary of December 21st 2012 and laughing my butt off on how ridiculous it was.

Sorta like this....

Haha , I hear ya !

And the Book and Movie industrie have made lots of cash ..

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Good lord, you really are ignorant.
Please, go study plate tectonics for atleast a day or two before you try to spout this nonsense, you've ignored every single one of my posts and instead tried to rely on the old "WELL PEOPLE HATE ALL NEW IDEAS" garbage.

I am not ignoring you , and is there a question you want answered ?
I thought you wanted me to read your link, yes, new rift , takes time...

The Great Rift Valley is a rift valley name given in the late 19th century by British explorer John Walter Gregory to the continuous geographic trench, approximately 6,000 kilometres (3,700 mi) in length, that runs from northern Syria in Southwest Asia to central Mozambique in East Africa. The name continues in some usages, although it is today considered geologically imprecise as it combines features that are today regarded as separate, although related, rift and fault systems. Today, the term is most often used to refer to the valley of the East African Rift, the divergent plate boundary which extends from the Afar Triple Junction (see Afar Depression) southward across eastern Africa, and is in the process of splitting the African Plate into two new separate plates. Geologists generally refer to these incipient plates as the Nubian Plate and the Somali Plate.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Do you know how they remove stickers from cars ?
They use blowtourches and the glue get all unglued, then you can actually pull the sticker off because the glue is not holding the sticker anymore..

Interesting theory, so perhaps the suns magnetic field will cause the magma to some how become less viscous and cause the plates sitting on top of it to slip.

[edit on 19-8-2010 by epsilon69]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Why does this sound so familiar? Oh yea, its the plot of a movie called...what was it again? A number of some kind...oh yea! 2012! That's what ot was called. How strange this prediction is exactly the plot of that movie. I suppose China is building ships to survive the catastrophe too.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
All I know is I should find that Russian guy... He has tickets to the Ark and his girlfriend is pretty hot... I know I wouldn't mind riding out the destruction with her...

Just sayin.

Fresh!

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
There have been no so-called pole shifts in the last 200My.

Apparent and true polar wander and the geometry of the geomagnetic field over the last 200 Myr

There is a disputed true polar wandering, or TPW, around 84Ma. The only TPW that appears to be real is from 800Ma.

Combined paleomagnetic, isotopic, and stratigraphic evidence for true polar wander from the Neoproterozoic Akademikerbreen Group, Svalbard, Norway

Late Cretaceous True Polar Wander: Not So Fast

As has been correctly pointed out there is a difference between plates in motion and TPWs. No civilization has observed a TPW. They take millions of years to occur.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by epsilon69

For those that haven't seen Patrick Geryl's interview here it is. I found his theories plausible and quite frightening.

You Tube Link

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
It's nice to give a synopsis of a video when presenting it.

In this case it was easy to find out that this guy has some laughable claims. I saved an hour and a half of listening to him by quickly reading this:

Patrick Geryl
Seems that geryl has the same problems as Velikovsky and Sitchin: he doesn't think about the physics.

One of the main problems with these ECD, polar shift, or whatever claims is that the geological evidence is very clear. Never, ever has there been a rapid shift of the crust. A few slow, millions of years, type of changes have occurred.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

If a large crustal shift did occur in the past that caused the true north to wander what evidence would their be for us to look for; to prove such an event happened in the past?

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by epsilon69

The magnetic alignment of rocks would change. There are minerals in rocks that are magnetic. They tend to align with the Earth's magnetic field. The magnetic field of the Earth is caused by the motion of the liquid in the outer core. If the crust moves relative to the rotational axis of the Earth, then the crust has moved relative to the interior of the Earth. Another item of evidence is hot spots. These are plumes coming up from the mantle. The plates move over these hot spots which appear to be fixed.

TPW - wikipedia
Polar wandering and paleomagnetism
Geology 100 - Spring 2002
Hot Spots - wikipedia

The problem is that no sudden changes suggestive of rapid TPWs are seen. There is also apparent polar wandering due to the action of plate tectonics. The TPW is seen after the APW is removed from the data. Regardless, the changes are slow and take millions of years to occur.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join