Obamas to begin sixth holiday of the year

page: 1

join

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Obamas to begin sixth holiday of the year

www.telegraph.co.uk

President Barack Obama will be accompanied by his wife Michelle and daughters Malia, 12, and Sasha, nine, and are expected to stay at the historic Blue Heron Farm in Chilmark.

Bill Burton, the deputy White House press secretary, said that the US president was “going to spend a little time recharging his batteries” at the Massachusetts island ahead of the November midterm elections.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Anger mounts over Michelle Obama's 5-day Spanish holiday

[edit on 19-8-2010 by Krzyzmo]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Vacations and golf while the country you lead is dying. Not to say the President does not deserve time off, but how many vacations and how many time does the average American can do these fun things in one year. His wife just came back from a very expensive Spain vacation. The politicians are pigs in Washington with our money.

www.telegraph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 19-8-2010 by Krzyzmo]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Just another way to show the American public his contempt for them.

Second line.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
It is disgusting that he takes all these vacations. He must be insane. I guess he just doesn't care anymore. Everything he said was a lie. He won't be reelected. The GOP will take the House and Senate. He accomplished nothing. But to be fair, we have to remember all the vacation time good ol' G.W. Bush took on his ranch in Texas. "Fair and balanced" just like Fox News.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Live it up!
Pretty soon you will be on a permanent vacation from being president.
I will put in my vote to make sure you don't have to work hard again. I wouldn't want you to break a sweat.

Next time around lets cast our vote and make sure he does not have to worry about his batteries running low.

[edit on 19-8-2010 by Digital_Reality]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
mr obama can take the next 2 years off i will pay.

hes on vacation congress takes break just means no bills and no more bailouts etc........

nero plays the violin while "rome" burns

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
The vacations do seem excessive....but then again there is an insane amount of crap going on. He has definitely aged....that's pretty apparent. He looks like he's aged 20 years in the last 2.

Besides...if the President has "the power" that we all think he has...then he never truly has a day off. Just because you visit somewhere doesn't mean much.

I don't think I could stand being confined in one building for long periods of time either.

Imagine going to work...but never actually getting to LEAVE.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Please detail the dates and locations of Obama's "6 holidays" that he has had this year, if you can!

[edit on 19/8/10 by dereks]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by dereks
Please detail the dates and locations of Obama's "6 holidays" that he has had this year, if you can!

Well when we take them they are called weekends, when the President takes them the are called holidays. Even if he has to work most of the time anyway. I used to see this same crap about Bush as well. Its like people are dumb enough to think these guys even on "holiday" have the day off. Its more like a half day for them, they work maybe 8 hours a day while on holiday instead of 16. Sounds very relaxing does it not?

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by dereks

The OP doesn't have to do this because the "6 holidays" came from the title of the article that was quoted - as is supposed to be done.

Now if YOU want to show research that the number is different - either higher or lower - go for it.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
ALL presidents have taken several days or a week off from time to time. Maybe more often than the average working person, but as several have already pointed out, the job is also the most stressful one in the world. President Bush was also roundly bashed for taking "too many" days off.

Camp David is a retreat built especially for presidents of the United States when they need it, and most presidents make frequent visits there. For some reason trips to Camp David are often not seen by the press as vacations, probably because it's clear the POTUS is still working hard.

Even if the trips are paid for by taxpayer, I think the expense is justified. Presidents do not make nearly as much as the top executive officers of the average big corporation, so it seems to me they're entitled to some perks. The presidency should rightly come with all the pomp and circumstance we as a nation can provide.

Just because the Obamas choose more interesting places to go than the Bushes did doesn't constitute treason or anything.

top topics

join