It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

could ufos be time travelers?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
i have been thinking about this for a while and these are my thoughts on the matter. if life as we know it on the earth continued infinitely wouldn't we eventually discover time travel? i mean it is very likely on an infinite time line. the only problem with this is that some sort of natural or manmade disaster would probably wipe us out at some point. it is possible that they do not want us to recognize them or that they are just doing some sort of research..

the rise in ufo sightings seemed to happen soon after we tested the first atomic bomb and a lot of sightings are said to be reported near nuclear facilities. perhaps they are the scientists of their time and studying the origins of their weapons or possibly trying to prevent the chain of events which leads to their own destruction.

i have also thought it could be purely scientific because if we had time travel today i am sure there are many people who would enjoy traveling to the dawn of civilization and studying the culture of our ancestors. even more interesting would be to see some of the ancient sites in the middle east and south america to see what they really looked like and how they were built. people say there are reports of ufos dating to ancient times, but who is to say they wouldn't also share our interest in the past if it is in fact their own? also a vehicle would make sense for the design of the time machine because you wouldn't want to just appear anywhere with a huge machine you can't hide.

it makes a lot more sense to be able to drive it around like a plane or something so no one can steal it or capture and interrogate them. these are just some thoughts theories at best but not my true views. i am very interested to hear what the rest of you think about this subject so please share your thoughts and ideas thank you

[edit on 19-8-2010 by 2weird2live2rare2die]

edit on 16-9-2010 by Gazrok because: Added paragraphs vs. one large text block

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
From reading your post I can only see two problems.

One according to current science the Earth will certainly not continue on for infinity. In fact its scheduled destruction is in about 5 billion years or so.

www.enchantedlearning.com...

Secondly Even if people were to escape earth and take with it all life, where would they go?
Even the universe itself supposedly has an end eons hence.
At that point the only other option is to move to another dimension or die or somehow make the universe anew.

So If they are time travelers they are probably not to far out.
Given current ideas about time travel it may be wise to assume that perhaps we could have a reasonable form of time travel in a few hundred years or so.
That's speculative at best. Assuming we didn't wipe ourselves out like you said.
I know that often a person can get a lot of insight from reading science fiction wherein you can see a new view and why it may be probable from a scientific standpoint.
There are some good ones out there that deal with exactly what you are referring to.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
it's a common theory, that the Greys are in fact, time travellers. i personally think the Greys are a related human race from off-world that became ugly and lost their emotions because of transhumanism.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
i'm not sure about the specific types of aliens.. it's not hard to accept that aliens exist, but details of their origins, looks, and motives are just kind of stupid. it's obviously based on nothing more than imagination. yes i believe they exist no i don't believe we know anything more than that.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
If in fact they are..WHY would they come back to this time?
It's not like they are looking to make contact or change our current path.
Since they seem so advanced, there is nothing we could teach them.
I have always opted for the multi-dimensional theory.
You want to talk about time traveling UFO's?
Best to take that up with the US and Soviet Governments, respectively.
They didn't stop with the Philadelphia experiment.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

i would say if they were here and if they were time travelers, two pretty big ifs, it would just be for scientific research purposes. if ants could talk to one another they may ask why do the humans study us? what could we possibly teach them? yet we still study them. i doubt even in the future we will lose our curious nature and if we had time travel at our disposal we could learn a whole lot about our past. it is kind of strange to say they would not share this interest of their past with us, since we are in fact them if they are time travelers. you feel me?

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2weird2live2rare2die
. . . it's not hard to accept that aliens exist, but details of their origins, looks, and motives are just kind of stupid. it's obviously based on nothing more than imagination . . .

That seems a bit condescending to views and hyptheses which are, in fact, based on something little different from your own 'thoughts theories' expressed here.

While the suggestion of 'UFOs as Time Travelers' has been threaded numerous times here, I do still enjoy reading new thoughts on the subject.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I'm beginning to lump UFOs that we see into the same category that I lump a large part of Cryptozoology into: inter-dimensional bleeds/travel.

I believe that ETs exist. It is selfish and illogical to presume otherwise. Our little rock, in this universe...the only one capable of supporting intelligent life? I doubt that highly.

If they are time travelers, I can understand the novelty of them just coming back and observing. We sort of do this now, ourselves, with archaeological digs and museums and what not. If we had the means to go back 400 years in the flesh and observe, we would. If for no other reason than entertainment.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
after reading the amazing post yesterday about the british roswell i had the same idea. in it, the op stated that the witness to the ufo said that they were time travelers from the future, where the earth was cold and people were sterile. they traveled back in time and targeted certain people for their reproductive materials.

i believe they are coming back to find their ancestors, which would explain why several abductees claim that others in their family/history were abducted.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by 2weird2live2rare2die

I'm with AccessDenied here and prefer the multi-dimensional model for UFO origins. I disagree entirely about the Philly Experiment. though...stinks to high hoaxy heaven!

Just to add a little spice to your speculation, did you know that every known piece of 'trace evidence' has been found to have terrestrial origins? I don't mean a guy turning up with a biscuit saying dang alien critters brung it him.

There's been one or two intriguing cases where UFOs have allegedly dumped metal waste. Under analysis, it's usually found to be slag and aluminium/magnesium. The purity of the aluminium/magnesium has been fairly high, but not beyond the capabilities of man. What makes the material worth thinking about is witness testimony of UFO activity and molten metal in the middle of a park or town.

Maybe it's terrestrial cos it's been made on Earth in the future?

I'm not saying it is, but in the spirit of your OP, I thought I'd throw that out there.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   

2Cool of you to share your hypothesis or thoughts. Whatever you want to call them. This type of guess work when kept in the context of knowing it's just that, guess work, is always cool.

Sure, time travel is an interesting concept with respect to aliens/future man. The thing is however, that the reports of UFOs traveling at measurable speeds when caught on fixed stationary and non stationary radar, as well as the abduction phenomenon (gray/alien/whatever activity with specific respect given to the interaction between us/them) make the probability a bit unlikely. It would seem a little more likely that technologically enabled dimensional manipulation (that includes screwing with the dimension of time) and/or perception based reality transcendence and manipulation, possibly also technology enabled, may be the interface with our environment necessary to achieve the type of phenomena that's often associated with UFOs.

It's all guess work at this point, unless you believe in far grander conspiracies.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied

I think the theory is that, if you had invented time travel and wanted to make money with it as a private company without doing anything immoral or potentially illegal what would you do with the technology?

The obvious answer is ... Start a time tourism business! This is why UFO's are seen during major world events (according to the theory).

First Nuke dropped
Moon landing
probably the crucifixion of Christ etc

I'm sure some who prescribe to this theory see a big jump in UFO sightings and predict that means we are on the cusp of a historical event

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I dont think aliens or any other visitor to earth is a time traveller from the future. I thing is more plausable to say they are interdimensional

According to current theories the only way to travel is into the future by orbiting a super blackhole. Orbiting the blackhole would slow time down for the traveller by half.
Orbit the blackhole for 10 years and if you could escape the gravity of the black hole and return to your home planet 20yrs would have gone by

Watch Stephen Hawking - Into The Universe Time travel

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Well, time is a dimension, after all. And if they were/are human time travelers, then they'd likely to have a curiosity about all points in the past and future. Curiosity.

Of course, once you start zipping around through time and space, then your perspective is going to change. Since it would be so easy to change the future, and possibly negate yourself in a particular timespace line, you likely wouldn't have a "home," to speak of, but would constantly travel and evolve. And since time/dimension travel likely involves some kind of interaction between technology and perception, you may be interested in exploring that for a while.

As for changing our current timeline, how do you know they don't/haven't? I don't have the ability (as far as I know) to perceive modified or alternate timelines. The only clue to that might be something like deja vu, or "misremembering" something like the obituary of somebody famous. It could be that some forms of dementia might be the result of a person's brain being unable to adapt to too many changes in the timeline.

You never know.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by dirtysamflint
The obvious answer is ... Start a time tourism business! This is why UFO's are seen during major world events [...] probably the crucifixion of Christ, etc.

If you go by the Gospels, then the time travelers were much more visible at the "resurrection" of Jesus, not the crucifixion. All the Gospels mention the unusual people/angels seen at the tomb, who may or may not be responsible for taking the body -- possibly back to the future to be revived.

As for time tourism, there's a pretty good movie called "Grand Tour" (1992) that was a direct to video release starring Jeff Daniels. It uses just this idea in the story.

GRAND TOUR TRAILER

[edit on 19-8-2010 by Blue Shift]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   

These are good thoughts because they inspire the devil's advocate in me.

Let's say for the fantasy record that they are time traveling humans. You ask "why would they want to come back to this point" then you immediately go on to state that "it's not like that are looking to change anything" (roughly)

What if you are completely wrong with respect to your follow up thought?

What if in mankind's progressive evolution it was determined that everything we now take for granted with respect to physics is entirely perception based. With our mind being the only real constant and that reality itself is as infinite as the concept of infinity itself? What if a small gland that we now possess in a veritably inactive or extremely weak state, after thousands, possibly millions of years, begins to naturally allow us the ability to glimpse the invisible. That same invisible stuff that theoretical quantum physicists state contains all the answers. What's more, it allows us to interact with the invisible by becoming a natural consciousness interface with it whereby most all presently recognized physics boundaries are broken arbitrarily via the direction of our will itself.

Now, what if those creatures we call Grays are in reality not human beings "from" the future, but rather are human mono or bio genetic instruments directed by future human beings back through the present status of time in an effort to stimulate and thus expedite physical evolution in this age of mankind? Perhaps this being to avoid some colossal mistake that mankind made pre or post their future abilities.

fantasy food for thought at least.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
They could be.

The whole unidentified part though makes it a bit tricky.

They could be a whole number of things.

Jumping to any conclusion other than the fact that they are:

1) Unidentified.

2) Flying.

and 3) Objects.

Seems a bit of an oversight by any serious researchers part.

Now the idea of 'Greys' being humans from the future or what not is an interesting and imaginative idea.

But we've yet to link them to UFOs or indeed existence.

-m0r

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
To address those that quoted me..
I respect all theories and ideas, after all , we can only speculate.
Without knowing the origin of US, you cannot know the origin of THEM.
I believe first off, that time is not linear.
Therefore it is not possible to go either backward or forward in time.
One can "slide" from one time frame to another. (If you are a part of the right government project).
Perhaps the Philly experiment leads some to believe in the governments failure.
I believe they went on to establish a highly successful form of time travel..so much so, that it has altered our reality in our current perception of time.
That being said..to say that UFO's are time travelers..would assume that there concept of time is a perfect match to ours.
Not likely.
Not to mention, UFO, does not equal alien, or even intelligent life. (Some government agencies, LOL)
Everything around us, is created by thought, made into action. You can create mass hysteria by just thought.
As for the grays being human of any kind..future or otherwise...I don't see it.
They are either a multi-dimensional entity that our government is aligned with due to our own multi-dimensional travels...
Or they are a horrid eugenic mistake caused by those who seek to manipulate the DNA of every damn thing on the planet.
What to do with our mistake? Use it to scare submission into the people..
Heck, religion stopped working to keep us in line.
Gotta give them kudo's for creativity.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I've heard the question asked "If time travel were possible, where are all the time traveling tourists?"

I suppose that would assume that potential time travelers from the future have similar behavior as people do now.

Once the technological know-how for time travel (if it's possible) were to be discovered in a future time, what would human (or transhuman) society be like? Would people still be interested in traveling through time? Why or why not?

If the multi-verse theory is correct, where are the time travelers from other universes? Our sci-fi stories always seem to portray that there are rules to time travel and that time travelers are to keep a low-key approach and not alter history or create paradoxes. But we all know that humans in this time period (or from the recent past) would not be inclined to always follow such rules.

So far, it doesn't appear to be that there are any time travelers currently in our midst that don't care about being discovered. What are the chances of that? hmm...

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   

No, UFO inhabitants are not time travelers. If something was to travel backward in time, the exact same event would have had to happen in that time, as well as in the future, putting the world in to a never ending loop of time.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join