It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lessons from the "Manifestation Queen"... Ask Me

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Hello Sylvie and all,

I have been following this thread with interest and wanted to thank you for your very helpful teachings. I've been working with this concepts for some time and I find your advice to be concise, practical, and just stupendous.

Anyway, I want to inquire with you about manifesting a multiplicity of things at a time- I for example would like to manifest my own beautiful apartment in a nice neighborhood of NYC. I have a pretty clear picture of what it will look like (a nice table and kitchen area for example). However I feel as though if I include too many of these details, it may "water down" the entire apartment manifestation since I'll get too caught up in the details.

I would be grateful for any tips you might have in how to go about allowing into existence something that has several different aspects to it.

Any input would be greatly appreciated

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   
In earnest I've been looking into the "Law of Attraction" for several years now and after reading many books on the subject I'm no closure to being able to manifest anything. However, I am a master at getting the negative lol. I've read before that you need to practice letting go first. Is that correct? Any exercises for that?

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   
I've read the entire thread and enjoyed it. Thank you. I do have a question. I play poker for a living and the first couple of years as a pro I experienced the normal ups and downs (termed variance) with a pretty consistent profit if graphed over time. However, for the last year, I have had extraordinarily bad luck. I mean statistically improbable runs of bad luck that deplete the bankroll and leave me nearly broke. To give you an idea of my skill level, I was ranked 11th in the world online at my buy-in level in my chosen game in 2008. I am honest with myself about whether it's luck or being outplayed when I lose. This is undeniably ridiculously bad luck!
However, if I absolutely need money, I tend to win just enough to barely get by. While getting just what you need is fine in general, and I'm not greedy as a rule, it is absolutely not okay when it comes to bankroll management and keeps me from advancing in my chosen career which requires BUILDING the bankroll. Living on the edge is not fun, but playing poker on the edge is definitely not optimal for successful play.

My question is: Could this bad luck be the universe attempting to tell me to do something else for a living, regardless of my skill or love of the game? Is the universe/god that heavy-handed in your opinion? Can "normal" luck be manifested? I don't need to manifest "good" luck as I play a skilled game and am usually well ahead in a given hand. Just the normal variance is all I'm asking for. I've given myself long breaks in case I was in a "loop" of negative expectations, and I still find myself, my bankroll (and my positive attitude) being crushed time and time again. What gives?

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by sylvie

You are correct that you can manifest things that you need. It has been proven personally as two weeks ago I had my car theory test, I stated in my in mind to the one infinite creator that if I pass my test I will give money to charity and I did!!. Again for my results 3 days after, I stated the same and got good results, surprisingly a,b,b,b,c(I am proud). And the third for college, being able to do all three sciences by getting a place and yesterday I got in!!. There is a difference between want and need. As for me I needed all three. Wants you do not need in life (mansions, flashy sports cars, ridiculously expensive designer clothes etc), needs you do(house, food, water etc.

For all those that say it doesn't work, don't beg on your knees, The infinite creator doesn't want that, Satan does. Just state your needs and say you will give so and so to charity, or any other service to others act, and try to keep that thought in your head all the time and have faith.

Regards, Naeem

[edit on 2-9-2010 by naeem11111]

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by kiwitina948

Your story is so touching and inspiring. I wish we all could do just that- provide service to others. The world would be beautiful if we all cared about each other. Perhaps this is your "higher calling", your true mission. Thank you for the support you provide to those in need.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Okay, looks like I'm going to have to manifest the "Queen of Manifestation." Or would that be interfering with her free will...maybe so, I guess I'll try to be patient.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by joechip

My honest advice to you is, you are seeing diminishing returns because you are abusing the gift you have been given. Just because it is something you love and are interested in does not mean it was what you were meant to do for a living. My suggestion would be to ask for a job that is the calling of your heart and do that as your main source of income, and then go back to playing for the enjoyment of the game and you will be rewarded and blessed on both counts.

It is all about contribution the way I see it in your case, by playing cards you are contributing nothing, this is not God's way.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Jovi1

Hmmm. I appreciate your input. Would this apply to all professional poker players in your opinion? Nobody should do this professionally? Tell Phil Ivey that.
I mean really, if contributing to society is the metric, wouldn't an awful lot of jobs be against God's will?

I contribute quite a bit in other ways, by the way, and do not feel my skill is a "gift." I studied hard and paid my dues to become the player I am today. Does a professional tennis player, for example, contribute to society by mastering a "game" and playing it for profit. Yes, people enjoy watching tennis, but the same can be said of poker.

I'm not dismissing your opinion, however, I just wonder how you can justify such a sweeping unambiguous assertion. I await your response.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by joechip

I wouldn't say nobody should do it professionally, some people it may very well be the true calling of their heart their true purpose on earth altogether. But it may not be yours and that may be where your problem is. It doesn't even mean that you shouldn't do it professionally at all, what I am saying just means that it seems to me you are getting blow back from you not contributing in the way you were meant to. It doesn't mean you are not at all and I do apologize if you felt I assumed you weren't.

That while yes you enjoy it and while you may not see it as a "gift" because you had to hone the skills does not make it any less a gift you were given there are plenty of people in this world that could put as much time and effort into honing their skills and still not come close to the level you are. Just because you had to knock away some edges and fine tune the details doesn't make it any less so.

But yes if you are finding yourself constantly in debt or close enough to it you are not likely doing what it was you were intended to do. And yes there are a lot of people making a lot of money not doing God's will. The "darkside" for lack of a better term, will reward you for acting outside of Gods / The Universe / Whatever supreme being you believe in will for a time but it always exacts a price for it in the end. What better way to enslave the masses then to show the reward for stepping out of that will than to show people that yes you can have all this if you do what these people do?

You asked if God could be that heavy handed and I told you yes he can. If you are not doing what it is he has in mind for you than yes he will be that heavy handed if that is what it takes to wake you up. You should consider yourself fortunate that all it took was for you to hit barely managing to stay at breaking even, think about how many people who had the same potential or greater than yours are completely busted and still haven't noticed something is wrong.

The truth is you don't like what I am saying because it is not what you want to hear. The other truth is you already know something unexplainable is amiss otherwise or you wouldn't have asked to begin with. Just because other people do it, doesn't mean that it is what is right for you, and you already know it because you are trying to justify why you should be doing it, your first argument well try telling so and so they shouldn't be doing this for a living well, so and so isn't the one that seems to be having the seemingly impossible run of bad luck now is he?

I could just as easily sit here and tell you oh don't worry about it its just a rough patch, it'll get better. But then that wouldn't really help you if you already know or feel something is not right now would it? I suggest you try to manifest what your heart is truly called to do the rest will take care of itself all on its own.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jovi1
reply to post by joechip

The truth is you don't like what I am saying because it is not what you want to hear. The other truth is you already know something unexplainable is amiss otherwise or you wouldn't have asked to begin with. Just because other people do it, doesn't mean that it is what is right for you, and you already know it because you are trying to justify why you should be doing it, your first argument well try telling so and so they shouldn't be doing this for a living well, so and so isn't the one that seems to be having the seemingly impossible run of bad luck now is he?

Actually, I don't dislike what you're saying at all. I just wondered how you could be so sure about it. Your follow up post was much more palatable, as you used the words "may" and "could" and all in all didn't come off as quite the know-it-all guru. No offense, but reread your first post and see if you don't note the difference as well.
I mean you don't know me. How could you know what is right for me, given the few paragraphs where I explained my situation? And "so and so" very well may have had unbelievable runs of bad luck as well, for all either of us know. And perhaps instead of giving up their chosen profession, they persevered and eventually found a higher level of success than before. I know Doyle Brunson, the grandfather of poker, lost a million dollar bankroll in the course of a summer. And that was before he won the main event of the world series.
I'm just saying perhaps I'M doing this, unconsciously, for whatever reason. Perhaps God is trying to tell me something. Perhaps the bad runs are, in a sense, testing my resolve, or tempering my emotional attachment to "outcomes". Or really, any number of possibilities. If I merely didn't like your judgement of the reason, I wouldn't have included it, myself, in the list of possibilities.
One thing I don't like, however, is the way you assert: The truth is this and the truth is that. I thank you for your opinion. Now I think I'll wait on the "Queen's" if you don't mind.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
What can you tell me about myself? I'm not getting your opening post. Yes, I'm an Atheist but I'm not spiritual.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Sylvie, can I drop you a U2U?
I need some guidance...

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I make them because the way I see it you are fighting with yourself over it which is why I said you should be trying to manifest

the true calling of your heart. If it is your true calling it will take care of itself without you ever having to worry for a minute over it ever again. If it is not your higher self/soul or whatever you want to call it will reject it and you will continue to worry over it. All trying to manifest better luck or just normal luck will do is just be like treating the symptom, it may give some temporary relief for awhile but the underlying cause would still be there. Address the doubt and go straight to the cause, the uncertainty of not knowing for sure.

And I do apologize my tact is somewhat lacking at times, I have a tendency to be very direct and I do understand at times it can be very alienating to some. I have a tendency to go with the first impression I feel/get and it is usually more right than wrong so tend to go with it but that is just me. Best of luck to ya.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Jovi1

I have done my share of manifesting things into my life,
I realized this about 10 years ago and things for me have been great,.
All that I have asked for (correctly) have come to me,.
And the thing that anyone should beware of in my opinion is
the old saying of "Be careful what you wish for " is a very valid statement.

nice avatar

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Hi Sylvie,

I'm wondering if you can help me or if you have personally or know of someone who has experience in manifesting physical changes.

I'm very happy with my body, after having 3 kids via c-section i think i still look pretty darn good. But I have smaller breasts which have always been an issue for me as i feel less of a woman. I would love more than anything to have bigger breasts so i can feel better about myself, feel like a woman and not have to alter any dresses or other clothes that i buy.

Can you give me some advice on how i would do this? and other sites say that within 72 hours of asking you will get a sign, is this true?
I have never managed to manifest things before but i think this is partly due to the fact that most sites say you have to love yourself and be grateful for what you have. And I guess this seems like a contradiction to me. Like i said i do love my body but i would love it even more if i had bigger breasts. So how can i truly love something i want to change?

Please help, i don't think that wanting to manifest a physical change is something that is a big request and i don't feel i'm doing it for anybody other than myself.

Thankyou very much

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Im sure its been noted and said before....
but I do find when Im straining hard and thinking of a name of a song ..movie ect..somebodies name...
Ill stew for hours until I just ultimatly let it go..and once I've done that. for sure within hours or a day or so the answer pops into my head always when Im not even thinking about it. Certainly a lesson in "letting go". works everytime for me.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I will only ask for happiness because if I have enough money to support myself, I am happy. If I have entertainment so that my life won't be boring, then I'm happy. If I have peace and calmness, then I'm happy.

So I will only ask for happiness and whatever the universe thinks will make me happy, it is free to send my way

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Hi Sylvie,

Great thread! That story of the universe wanting to test you first really resonated with me.

I know it's been quite a while since you last replied here but I wish to make this thread active again through a question (which you hopefully will answer):

I've been wanting something really bad and is quite a big change, however the universe tested me once through a very nice opportunity (that totally contradicts my original desire) and I gave in (how could I say no to a nice opportunity?). Now that I've come to realize this, here I am again confronted with a very nice opportunity however far from my original desire. In other words, LoA seems to be working for me somehow, but not in the area that I want it to work! What do I do? And my bigger question is: why does the universe keep giving me very nice things but aren't what I really want?

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 07:47 AM
link   
"If you CAN easily afford to buy one, though, Spirit/the Universe will not look kindly upon your request. It'll basically dismiss you as a cheapskate and go its merry way. "

"it" dismisses you as a cheapskate. really?

your whole post lost any validity with this statement

that is nothing like how the LOA works. there are plenty of people with tons of money. and no money. its not about want vs need its about where your energy goes. the universe responds to whatever you are tuned into. some people are tuned into having more money then they know what to do with.

no one is up in the sky judging you based on your requests.
spreading misinformation.
edit on 10-12-2016 by dreamlotus1111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: sylvie

Yep, that's how it works! I remember last year we wanted to put an "invisible fence" around our entire property so the dogs could just run. It would be $1,700 (that we didn't have left over), so I asked to get the money for the fence. Over the next two weeks, checks started trickling in... a long forgotten IRS refund, an unexpected insurance refund, etc. -- the total sum of the checks (I think it was four altogether) ended up being $1,685.90. I love how the Universe works!

Even though you said nobody should post if they don't agree with you, I still do because I think you're misguided and I care for you and hope you will get even more out of life even if you say you already do.

First I think it's a childish way of spirituality, like a child that would get presents from their parents but only if he is truly good not in an objective way but whatever the parents taught was good. The child talks about some object like a toy they like so much but they don't think about actually getting it then miraculously to the child the toy is given by the parents. The parents obviously knew what their child wanted, the child was just oblivious to this being a child. Point being I think the Universe would be hating my guts for eating other animals it created and that's just one offense I can think of, not to mention causing pollution, I'm not going to ask that (whatever it is) for anything and pray I will not get punished too much. If such an entity would exist because why are there so many succesfull greedy people, or like another poster pointed out all the starving people, what kind of Universe is that.

Second any method that will get you something quicly has the downside of something going away just as quickly.

If that example above truly happened like the way you described, not like the fence was a thousand bucks or two but so close to what you got then if there is anything paranormal it might be telepathy. Other people working at companies were working on getting you your money weeks before and somehow you sensed this and started making plans. But paranormal or not, you would have gotten that money anyway and with most people unexpected money usually comes at the right time but that could be any time because most people always want something.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join