It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ramblings of the unemployed...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Ramblings of the unemployed. Post yours here! I’ll start with mine first…

I am left bewildered knowing that I live in a country where I am told to basically sink or swim as far as employment goes, by my fellow citizens, my own family members, my own friends, my political leaders.

I say to them, “I want to work, I need to earn a living, I need a job because I can’t pay my bills.” I say, “I need your help“, but I receive none from them, so I am left without any help, left helpless.

I say, “Hello there family member, I need a job, help me please.” Family members says, “we cannot, go out amongst strangers and find work for we cannot help you.” I say, “you cannot help me? But you are my family and I want to work and you are working, please let me work so I can pay my bills.” They say, “we can barely afford to pay our bills, we cannot help you. Here, have some dinner, but move along quickly you cannot stay here.”

“Ohhhhh, my family, my family, horses and condos and vacations and they cannot help me, cannot put in a plug for me, nor a good word. What kind of family do I have?” I realize I am not alone though, that families do this to their own blood all the time in our country. Just one tell tale sign is the unemployment rate.

So I go off amongst strangers looking for work since my family is unable to help me. Strangers, yes, strangers. They do not know me and I do not know them. Who are these people? "Who are you?" they say. "A fellow citizen of yours." I say. I say, “I need work, I cannot pay my bills, can I work for you in some way?” “Fill out this application” they say. Then backs are turned. Months later I get no call. I check in on the status. They are irritated I checked in and wished I hadn’t. “Go away” their tone of voice tells me. “Fellow citizen you are not wanted or needed here.”

I do not like the whine to my voice when I say, “But, but, but, I can help you and you can help me, you see…” But, no one sees past their own nose.

I go to a friend who owns two businesses, I say, “friend, can I work for you? I want to work, I need to pay bills.” My friend says, “no. Sorry friend, you cannot work for me, we can barely pay our bills so we are unable to hire you. Plus you are not skilled in what our work requires and we would rather keep the money for ourselves than invest in you, in your future, we would rather invest in our future."

"But our futures are intertwined, don't you see? We are friends are we not?" I say.

My friend says, "I am sorry and yes you are my friend and I do care about you, but we need to look out for our business first. Go to a stranger and look for work."

"I see," I say.

What do I do, what do I do. I am left wringing my hands. I read the papers and see those that are working are calling those whom are not working lazy. They think we don’t want to work. We do, we do. It gives us purpose. We have something to do, something to contribute. Something to give.

So I wail to our Nation’s great leader and our state leaders, “I want to work, help me, please help me, I want to work.” I exclaim, “I will take out your garbage, vacuum your floor.” I hear nothing back. I am ignored.

"See me!" I say. "See us!" "Don't just write about this!" "Do something!"

Whom am I to depend on? I am told to depend on myself. I am told I need to come up with the money myself. How do I get the money I wonder? Some engage in illegal activity, but I would prefer not to deal with that headache. So, Someone has to give me this thing, that we all seem to need, these green paper notes, called money. I wonder who will give me this money? Someone will have to give me money just like those who have money, were given the money. Yes, all those who have jobs have employers helping them. I come to a realization. All those who are employed are being helped. They are relying on someone else to give them money and it‘s called a job.

-continued-

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Where is my Job, what is my purpose? All those that have money, that have things, that can pay bills had it given to them. They had the money given to them by someone else. They did not generate the money by themselves, it is impossible, no one can print their own money. Someone did something for someone and money was exchanged. Some sing, some dance, some talk on phones, some build, some pave roads, some weed, some add up numbers, some take out garbage and get money for it. Some do this and get no money. Why? Work? We want to work. I want to work. Some like to work hard, some like to work smart. Some say work smarter not harder. Who is right? Who is wrong? We just want money. May we have some please? Can we stop asking for help so we don’t have to look at you scowling at us because we want to work, we want money?

I giggle when someone loses their job, their high and mighty position. Gee, how did I ever get so mean? My heart screams, “see, see, see, now you know what it’s like, not fun is it?” I slap myself so I come to my senses and say, “no, this is not the right attitude to have”.

So I wonder to myself…someone has given my employed friends, family members and fellow citizens money. These very people say they earned it, they deserve the money because they work. They rely on someone to give them money. They are reliant on their employer or they are reliant on their customer. It’s a give and take. I give, you take, or I take, you give. The concept is easy. The concept is beautiful. But, this concept is not spread around. Why? What is it with us? Why is this so difficult for us as a country? No, no, no, no…don’t say we don’t want to work, we are lazy, what a cop out, because just the other day I saw you taking a nap on the job, and just the other day, when you were bragging about how hard you worked having two jobs I saw that you only spent 30 minutes on the other job and just drove around talking to people on the phone in your other job.

I take an ax and walk to a tree in the middle of a busy town and start hacking at the bottom of it. I whack it harder and harder, sweat pours off of me. I scream in a fit of rage, “I am working, how hard do you want me to work?” I hack again and sweat drips into my eyes, I can barely see, I hack more, yelling, “I am not lazy, I want to work, I need to pay bills” The tree finally falls. A man in a crisp business suit walks by and says to me to collect unemployment. I look at him and roll my eyes. “You have got to be kidding me. You mean, the state and federal government would rather pay me to be unemployed than give me some job choices, or provide me with a positive job climate?” The man says nothing and hurries away.

I shuffle down the street. Tired after filling out job application after job application, disclosing personal information about myself, my social security number floating around countless businesses, not knowing anything really about the employers. I know nothing about the owner of any business. I am provided with no opportunity for a background check on them, no home phone number to the ceo of the business, but they have all my stuff, my ssn, my home phone number, they know just about everything about me, I know little about them…darn near took an hour and a half to fill out one application. So much information to give, so much red-tape, so much bs, so much personal information, given to strangers.

“wow, it’s 2010,” I say to myself. Same old story, year after year, decade after decade and nothing, literally nothing, has changed. Century after century, the same old song is sung. Wait though, something is different. A tad bit possibly. I am schooled, I am aware of differences. I was told there could be more and it was for all. There are literally thousands and thousands of us that are this same way. Because back in the day one was not provided this opportunity, well, so they say, so as it is written in history books. Truth? Can’t really say if it is or not, as I know not anything about the credibility of the characters of years past, I just have to accept that they are credible, because it is written. So I wonder, I wonder why we all were schooled, what was the reason for this? Because now that we are schooled and aware we are ready to participate, but are denied access to the money exchange - obtained through jobs, through working. So now those that have the free flowing money exchange, those that are able to participate in it and purchase various material goods, those that have jobs, look at us and say we are spoiled, we want too much. Oh, how dare us? Well, we just want what you have, no your stuff, you have your stuff, but we want stuff like yours, to call ours. “No you cannot,” they say. “But you have it,” I say. They see this error but reiterate we are spoiled, do not covet, do not want what we have. “why?“ I say. I hear the wind whisper to me, “it scares them, that’s why.“ I hold a mirror to their faces.

What has become of our country, what has become of our country? Who are we? Take me to a third world country, where I know no better, where I know no coveting, where we just are, because we are uniformed to “ways”, where I know no other life-style, where there is no television. Oh man, I cannot go back, I know too much now, it won’t work. I am spoiled as you say, just as you are, except you have and I have not, and you won‘t share, you just, well, you just have. For what reason then, did you make us aware? What reason did you teach us to read and to write? What for, what for? Because you felt sorry for us? Because you wanted us to work for you, for our country? Well put us to work then already. We want to work, we want to participate in the money exchange, we want houses and horses and cars. We would just loooooove to help stimulate the economy. Why did you tell us we can have this all when we were children in public school, yet as adults we find that we cannot? Shall I stand on my head for you? What is it that you want?

Oh great leader, come save us! We want to work, we want to work for you, but where are you? Where have you gone, why have you abandoned us? We’d been better off kept dumbed down so we can accept our lot in life. Why were we informed? Is it all a waste? We’ll wait for you great leader, the leader who would not treat his people ill nor let his country wrought to poverty and crime.

Who are these people I wonder? Just who are these people that hire other people that call people who are unemployed lazy, or think we want too much, or need too much. You told us to be this way, you conditioned us to be this way with your advertising - we want to participate, but NOW YOU WON”T LET US? We cannot have a nice house too? We cannot furnish our houses? We are forced to live in slum like conditions and buy second hand? We cannot help stimulate the economy? We want what you have. Does this make you nervous? I want a house just like yours, or near to it, oh and 2 cars in the driveway, not new models, early 90;s will suffice, but they must run well…sorry for the extravagance there…desiring cars that run well. Heck, I’ll take one car that runs well. Really, this is just all absurd! This doesn’t make any sense! Do you see the lunacy here? Oh wait, our country is filled with adults who really never made it out of adolescence! It looks like an adult, it sounds like an adult, but is it really an adult? No. Oh, I just want to bury my head in the sand. The magnitude of it all, the craziness of it all. Pacify me, give me a pill, a prozac, a valium, let me down a bottle of booze. Tell me I am to blame. It’s all my fault. Oh, oh, wait, forget about all that, screw the pills and booze, I just got a call, I have a job! How exciting. Starting salary at 35 thou a year. Not bad, not bad! I’m taken care of! Me, me, me! Oh goody, goody! What kind of attitude shall I have now? Hmmmmm, I know, I know…it has already been revealed by my fellow citizens. I will model their behavior, it’s all I know. Discriminate, hoard, and then do it over again.. Oh, and most importantly, I must live in fear, it is all about me, now that I have a job, it’s about my home, my bills, my things and stuff. Maybe I’ll toss a doughnut to the dude on the street looking for a job. Oh, now I know, I am so enlightened, if I were to give that guy a job, let’s say, mowing my expansive lush lawn, well, that would mean, more money out of my pocket, less for me and plus, I can mow my lawn myself. Yes, yes, I know, I will now fit in with all the other employed. I understand their way of thinking. It’s not about anyone else, it’s about me!

“oh, God, what have I become?” “Do not let me be this. Where is our great leader? Where is integrity, righteousness, fairness, hard-work, a job well done? “Oh God please don’t fail us!

I wake up. My new job was just a dream, or rather a nightmare. Whew. I look around. This is just as bad, well, maybe not so much…

I walk up to someone well dressed on the street. Oh please, take care of me. I will work. The person is offended and glares at me. “you freak” they say. “Hey” I yell back. “I am no freak. Someone is taking care of you, it is obvious being you are well dressed!”

“I earned it” they yell back.

“I want to earn it too, but no one will let me earn it, not even you!”

I pass a nicely landscaped two story house with a cute wrap around porch. Someone has taken care of them, I think to myself. Someone gave them money to buy this house. I wonder if they talked on the phone and someone gave them money to buy this house. Maybe, I think to myself, they drove people around to different places, maybe they got money from other people because they were a bus driver, or a taxi cab driver. All I know is that they did something for someone and that someone gave them money and now they have a cute and nice house. “What can I do for someone to have this too?” I wonder to myself.

I have a drivers license, I can be a bus driver too! I go to the nearest bus terminal and ask if I can drive a bus for them. “No, we are not hiring” they say. I ask if they need someone to sweep their terminal floor, “no, we are not hiring they say“.

“Why” I ask?

“Because the people that work here have bills to pay and if we hire someone else, then we cannot pay them enough, then they cannot afford to pay their bills.” they say.

“Wow,” I exclaim, “what kind of bills do they have?”

“Well, some own time shares and some have a boat, some like 4 wheelers and some have horses. Some are into hunting and others like to go on cruises, some just like to spend tons and tons of money at wal-mart…so as you see, they need to pay their bills.” they say.

“Oh yes, I see.” I say.

I walk down the street. “I need a chance, I need a chance,” I say out loud. I pass a Verizon store and see the employees inside. They are dressed nice and tidy. Someone gave them a chance. They have a hand out because they are employed. They are relying on someone else. I go in and ask if they are hiring. They say no, and that I have to go to someone else. “Ok, thank you. Bye.” I say.

Go to someone else, go to someone else. Go, go, go, go. Not wanted here, not wanted there.

“I know,” I say. “I will buy me a car and become a taxi driver.” I have no money so I go to a bank and tell them my new and cool idea. The well dressed pretty banker lady clucks at me saying I need to fill out a business plan to see if I qualify for a loan, and hands me form after form after form after form. “Huh? Wait, what is this? Why? I want to work,” I say.

I fill out the forms, and it is denied. “Well, humph” I say and think to myself that I will just use my little old car for a taxi cab instead, so I post on a free site on the internet, offering my services to be a cabbie. Make the posting all cute and professional looking, explain the rates, give cheap rates. I get no bites. Seems my fellow citizens want established cab companies that pay to advertise. They are afraid to hire anyone new, I could be anyone you see, I could be a serial killer. Although I am really just a normal mediocre person. But it‘s fear. Fear is holding us back. Fear has the economy in a strangle hold. Fear means profit for many though. It is a strange world we live in, isn‘t it? “Dang” I say, “I just can’t win.”

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I was laid-off in 2008. It took me 4 months to figure out that I think too far downstream.

Most people here are very good about thinking beyond the day, week, month, etc;

My advice to finding a job.

Listen more than you talk. Agree with what you hear. Find something the interviewer wants to hear and validate their feelings.

No matter how much it hurts, don't talk too much. companies don't want thinkers. They want people that they can put in a little box so they can go back to Facebook for 8 hours each day.

Pretend to be excited, tell them you can do it and don't talk beyond the immediate questions or scenario. You don't want to threaten them with smarts.

Believe in yourself. You will find what you need.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Your angry that a capitalism is not allowing you to work?

Capitalism is all about the bottom line. They don't care about you. They care about the all mighty dollar.

I find it hard to believe that you can not find work. People willing to work will always find work.

My brother is a 20 year old high school drop out with no experience in anything. He never struggled for work. And is now general manager.

Your attitude determines your altitude.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr. Strange

So you are saying that all the unemployed could get jobs if they really wanted?

That's funny, I thought the unemployment was there because there aren't enough jobs for everyone.

Aren't you showing the exact attitude the OP was talking about?

Just because your brother has done well where he lives, doesn't mean the same chances are available for everyone.

Show a little compassion, it's very easy to judge, especially based on one personal example.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Excuses are the crutches of the incapable.

I stand by my original statement. If you truly want to work, you will find work.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Hey Doc, thanks for the input. Actually your little 20 year old bro took my job as general manager. I worked my arse off until well into middle age for that position and was laid off right before I got there because fresh meat got in the way.

Angry, no...just tired of the bs.

Capitalism is great...I am all about the dollar to a degree, enough to like capitalism, just wondering why the damn thing is so elusive. Guess I came too late into existence to capitalize on anything.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Doc, your avatar is interesting. I like your attitude and the cape. I am wondering if you will hire me, in some position. Thanks in advance.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Want a guaranteed job? 20/20 companies. Have an office in almost every state.

Door to door sales. No experience required. Commission bases sales job.

Pass a drug test and background check and your hired.

Like I said work is out there. You just gotta look for it.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Sorry but is the OP posting a work of fiction/political comment?
Is it meant to be real? If your applications are as wordy - maybe that's the problem.
I was unemployed for 6 months
Underqualified
Overqualified
I wrote the book
And too old.... (though they don't dare say so).
I've got a degree and a world of experience.
Here's the deal. The world does not owe you a living. And what's with the stuff about families? If someone gave out a job because of family connections and it wasn't you, you would be the first person to complain - citing nepotism.
A lot of people chasing every job. That's the way it is here. Here you do well just to get shortlisted for interview. If you are writing a lot of applications, it gets to feel like a production line. So try not to work on more than one application at the time. Give yourself over to it. Get in the zone.
Your future line manager might be on the interview panel. And often it's down to personality. Plus the interviewee walks a tightrope. Be smart, be interested. But don't go too far. That person is not looking for someone who will challenge them.
Get some feedback from unsuccessful interviews. But remember, the interview is a two way street.
Put ads out. Clean houses, walk dogs, do voluntary work, be flexible. And if it isn't your ideal job, remember, you can always go for a better job in time.
In the time it took you to write this, you could probably have done some useful job hunting. That's if you are actually looking as opposed to practicing writing skills.
Keep positive
Good luck

[edit on 19-8-2010 by starchild10]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Key-Minder

Here is something a the Supreme Court in Nevada recently stated:

We have become a nation of employees. We are dependent
upon others for our means of livelihood, and most of our
people have become completely dependent upon wages. If
they lose their jobs they lose every resource except for the
relief supplied by the various forms of social security. Such
dependence of the mass of the people upon others for all of
their income is something new in the world. For our generation,
the substance of life is in another man’s hands.

Do not get distracted by those that scream the system is fair, and you must just suck at it. The system is rigged and for the first time in history the means of production are held by only a few. While it is possible to survive without a job, you will immediately become an outcast to those within the system, who subscribe to the system.

Another poster above has the right idea if you really want to find a job. Smile and lie through your teeth about how excited you are to work for the employer. Employers love this because they do not want anyone working for them that could turn them in for corrupt or illegal practices they engage in. They don't want to hire someone they think will sue them when they fire them. So smile do not say much, just that everything sounds like exactly what you always wanted to do and you would love to have the honor to work for someone that will probably treat you like a piece of (expletive).

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Sometimes you have to cross the invisible borders and look beyond.
There is a WHOLE WORLD out there.
You have set limits on yourself..nobody else has done that for you.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   

So you are saying that the current economy provides as much jobs as there are people looking for them?

If this is true, then it seems the economy is doing just fine.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I love it when people say, just go get a job, as if there are any jobs available. Even those with decades of experience can't find work. People use their working status to put down those who just can't find work. Ask such people for help with a resume or interview skills, and they have nothing to offer. Why? Because they don't want to help. They just want to put someone down. It's a cheap shot. What they won't admit is that the job they hold is a job that someone else could hold. They are keeping someone else from working. Now to put things into perspective, I have requested farm labor work and been turned down because I'm not Mexican. That is about as low as one can go, working for less than minimum wage with a bunch of illegals. And things aren't going to get any better anytime soon. It's only going to get worse.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
i struggled with this for a long time too. i am from one of the poorest states in the poorest region of this country. trust me, jobs are scarce around here. basically you got to know someone to find one, or you got to have a relative who vouches for you. a guy like me walking in man i'm lucky to get a job application. i've been looking for a job for a year i've had about 7 or 8 job interviews. it gets old getting bullsh*tted by these stupid employers who don't have the b*lls to just tell you no straight up. they want to skirt around it and then tell you on the phone. i had places that even screened my number and didn't answer when i called to ask about the job. the problem is that we are a whole generation raised without male role models teaching us these vital skills. most people around here are raised by their mother and their dad is nowhere to be found, their mother either works all the time and is always gone or out doing whatever and not even providing for her children. this is how we get an entire generation of young, angry and violent criminals. if everyone in your neighborhood is broke and starving except the drug dealers and the pimps what do you think the kids are going to aspire to be? doctors? maybe a lawyer or an astronaut? think again. we don't fully understand the human brain but we know the formative years are in childhood, and say what you want about how anyone can improve their lot, but once something is ingrained in there it's in there for good. it's easy for a rich sheltered p**sy to speak down to us when they don't know anything about the real world or the nature of man. i feel like there is a war on the middle class, someone is trying to make the gap between the have and have nots in this country a lot bigger and they are doing a good job. kids in other countries risk stepping on a landmine so they can walk to school and learn to read, but our fat lazy kids don't even want to get out of bed or put down their ps3 for it. i feel like we are intentionally being made ignorant and lazy to be more dependent on the government pure and simple. they want to keep us poor, timid, and stupid to be easily controlled. i'm preaching to the choir here on ats but you don't have to play into this. with the internet you can learn more surfing google for an hour than you could learn in 8 hours at a public school. educate yourself that is something they can never take away from you. knowledge is power. there is a lot of truth to that statement believe me. learn all you can now and if they ever take away your means to learn you still got everything in the old noodle. and believe me there are ways of making money. this is america, the land of capitalism where we worship the almighty dollar kneeling in front of a corporate altar. there are millions and millions of dumb people all around you and it isn't that hard to get them to part with their money. take all of it you can and save save save, remember the old saying a fool and his money are easily parted. good luck to you all in overcoming the obstacles in your way at the moment and if you keep a clear head and keep trying you will find your path in life.

[edit on 19-8-2010 by 2weird2live2rare2die]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by starchild10
Sorry but is the OP posting a work of fiction/political comment?
Is it meant to be real? If your applications are as wordy - maybe that's the problem.
I was unemployed for 6 months
Underqualified
Overqualified
I wrote the book
And too old.... (though they don't dare say so).
I've got a degree and a world of experience.
Here's the deal. The world does not owe you a living. And what's with the stuff about families? If someone gave out a job because of family connections and it wasn't you, you would be the first person to complain - citing nepotism.
A lot of people chasing every job. That's the way it is here. Here you do well just to get shortlisted for interview. If you are writing a lot of applications, it gets to feel like a production line. So try not to work on more than one application at the time. Give yourself over to it. Get in the zone.
Your future line manager might be on the interview panel. And often it's down to personality. Plus the interviewee walks a tightrope. Be smart, be interested. But don't go too far. That person is not looking for someone who will challenge them.
Get some feedback from unsuccessful interviews. But remember, the interview is a two way street.
Put ads out. Clean houses, walk dogs, do voluntary work, be flexible. And if it isn't your ideal job, remember, you can always go for a better job in time.
In the time it took you to write this, you could probably have done some useful job hunting. That's if you are actually looking as opposed to practicing writing skills.
Keep positive
Good luck

[edit on 19-8-2010 by starchild10]

Cheap shots from someone with a world of experience and an education. Acting like there's a level playing field, and that everyone else is equally capable of getting the job just like s/he is. This is not the case. Take your cheap shots. That's all they are. You are at an advantage. Don't come here and brag about how you are at an advantage, and then put down everyone who doesn't have your advantages. Maybe everyone should instantly get a four-year degree. Oh wait, that takes FOUR YEARS. Maybe everyone should instantly get a world of experience. Oh wait that takes time too. The field is not level, and you are at an advantage. You have no compassion for those who don't have such advantages. All you have are your cheap shots. That tells us all we need to know about you.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Incubus2

You made your choices and he made his. Don't call them cheap shots. He has a point. He chose to go to college. You didn't. He worked harder to get a job.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Again, shortsighted. Not everybody is college material. Some are, but don't have parents who will put them through college, some won't be able to pay for college themselves by working two jobs beside it, especially if there are no jobs, some people's lives have just turned out differently for whatever reason.

Like a previous poster said, the playing field isn't level.

I think it's sad that you think it all boils down to a choice and hard work.

Seems like you are doing fine and looking down on those that aren't.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr. Strange
reply to post by Incubus2

You made your choices and he made his. Don't call them cheap shots. He has a point. He chose to go to college. You didn't. He worked harder to get a job.

Actually I graduated high school with a 3.99 GPA. I graduated university at the top of my class as well, was a four year scholar, and received a stipend at the end. I'm a member of every honorary society available. You assumed because I defended those who don't have an education that I myself don't have one. You are mistaken. Not only do I have an education, but I have one from a top-15 school. I will still defend those who don't have an education and/or experience. These are just cheap shots from ignorant people who have advantages. I choose not to take cheap shots. As for my work status, that too you have no idea about because I've not stated it. It's not a level playing field. I for one had opportunity dropped right in my lap. All I had to do was reach out and take it. Kids in inner city schools spend more time being disciplined than being taught. They don't have the same opportunities. They have overcome a lot more than I ever did.

[edit on 19-8-2010 by Incubus2]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Capitalism and the bottom line ARE the key here.

This entire down economy is another faction of the extensive money grab that is going on.

More money is flowing to the rich than ever before.

This being due to with all of the job cuts, those remaining, that actually have jobs have to now perform the jobs of those who were laid off !

Talk about protecting the bottom line.

The trend though as far as who is losing their jobs is is that they are predominantly middle age workers, those that have higher salary requirements accrued over many years of working, in fact many that were close to retirement.

That is the problem today, is that companies are laying off the people instead of allowing them to become vested and being required by law having to pay them their due retirement benefits.

Talk about protecting the bottom line.

The example posted by Dr Strange, exemplifies this.
A 20 Year old high school drop out with nary a skill becomes a General Manager.

What he is NOT telling you is that they laid off a guy with 25 years of experience, and a family, to give him this position.

AND the difference in what they are now paying the 20 yr old vs that of the 40 yr old goes to the hiring manager !

The key here , in avoiding this ruthless cycle of being Just Over Broke, JOB after JOB, is to start your own business.

Do you own a lawnmower ? Get some exercise and find a few lawns that need cutting in your area. Even consider cutting them for free in order to open a few doors.

And While you are out and about you can network which is the best way to find another job.

Work and aspire on making a future for yourself instead of someone else's who hasn't a care in the world about you but only cares about "The Bottom Line".

Trust in God Almighty, for the good book says to "Ask and ye shall receive". Ask God for what it is you want and as it is said, "Miracles Can and Do Happen".

Peace and God Bless

[edit on 19-8-2010 by nh_ee]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join