It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin defends Dr. Laura over N-word rant: ‘Be thankful for her voice, America’

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Somewhere in New Mexico, Don Imus is facepalming himself ...

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
This is similar to Obama's approval of the mosque at ground zero.

Seems to me that they are trying to stir racial tensions.

In fact, I bet they'd love to see race and religious wars throughout this country.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Ok so black folks can use the N word and it's cool, nobody minds.

White folks must never say it.

I got it.

What I want to know is is there a word that only whites can use and blacks can't.

Any word at all

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by russ212

I don't care what it is. It is a demonstration of racism.

*snip*

And by the way, all in the family was attempting to show show the ignorance of racism, and sexism. I am sorry if you didn't get that.

I didn't get that? It's my point to a tee. I'm glad YOU got it. Comedy to paint important issues in laughter so that we can get past them. AITF is one of the most important TV shows of all time imo. The Cleveland show was just doing the same thing. Was Dr. Laura?

It makes the statement that it is okay for blacks to call whites this, and whites can't retaliate.

You want to retaliate? How adult of you.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by DeReK DaRkLy

Exactly why organized religion doesn't work... Everyone fights over it. At least with race, biology can prove we are all the same. You can't science (can science be a verb?) Religion.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
WOW.... never heard of this woman but she sounds so out of touch It's unreal.

After the caller (Jade) had been cut off... she goes on to say "answer the question... tell them what a poll says the opinions of black people are"

WTF??

Is this woman for real?

Not only was she ridiculously rude to Jade, but she just wouldn't shut up afterwards and kept digging a hole for herself.

I don't care how good people think she is or what she's done in the past (not that I have any idea) this woman should not be able to talk to an audience and be in a position to make a fool of herself like that again.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigyin
What I want to know is is there a word that only whites can use and blacks can't.

Any word at all

T-Bills?

My question is why do you need a word that blacks can't use?

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I find this an incredibly sad post. Racism died (or should have died) in the 80s. What is all the fuss about?

People from different eras will use words as they feel fit, and will have different standards to what that word means [to them]. So some people will use the word "'n-word'" without malice and without understanding full meaning; that is their mistake but not everyone elses.

So why are white people so uppity about the "N**" word. Simple - it reminds us of the dark hours of slavery and how we did so much evil in this period. Yes I know slavery is wrong but I am not going to apologies, these were my forefather actions not mine and so will use the word "'n-word'" and not spell it out [isn't that really pathetic anyway spelling a word - "N**"; it's treating your audience as children - you read it in your mind as 'n-word' even more when you see N**].

Otherwise we will start to see other words come into the language that we as a race are ashamed of - such as "A***" [Auschitz], "D**" [Dachau]; both of which are deserved of the same reverence.

Interested to see if this gets deleted/"moderated" by the forum

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by pajoly

Fair enough, replace public restaurant with any other public place. The point of the matter is that certain words are taboo in our society. The only reason that you would get thrown out of the restaurant is because certain words are in fact considered unacceptable.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by templar knight

As far as I know slavery was an American thing. There were never slaves in UK or Scotland. But still can't use the word

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Can you explain T Bills for me please.

Also I never said we needed a word, I'm just curious if such a word exists.

[edit on 19-8-2010 by bigyin]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I'm absolutely appalled. Maybe I didn't hear what some of you heard?

I heard a woman call in to a "relationship expert", to ask for advice on dealing with a marital issue (husband not defending her), and I hear the "professional" have a meltdown. Good lord, it was one of the most unprofessional displays I've ever heard.

Even after Jade hung up, she continued on with her pathetic, obviously racist rant. She just couldn't seem to keep a lid on her anger, and poured it and poured it on this poor unsuspecting woman, who called in seeking her help.

Good bye and Good riddance, Dr. Laura.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by templar knight

find this an incredibly sad post. Racism died (or should have died) in the 80s. What is all the fuss about?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is that so?!
Another "there is no racism anymore" guy!
Just how did you arrive at that conclusion!

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

As far as Palin. What do we expect? She's a partisan hack. If it's her guy, it's OK, if it's your guy, they need to be fired. No surprise from Sarah here. Her hypocrisy and attempted manipulations know no bounds.

Ok, lets not forget that this type of behavior is very apparent on both sides of the aisle. That is, of course, why they are politicians. Because they have the capacity to engage in such behavior.

And yes, people are too god damned sensitive these days. There was a time when politically correct only applied to politicians...Now everyone is so careful to not hurt someones "feelings." I think people have the right to speak their minds, and quit it with all this pussified banter.

Personally, Ive always thought Dr. Turkeyneck was a N-word.

ahhhh see how good it feels?!

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Palin knows every time she makes a stupid comment about an issue she'll receive more press time and continue to fill her pockets with more cash. She has found out there's more easy money to make outside of political office than inside. That's why she quit her job as governor! She's simply a publicity whore just like Levi who wants to keep their face in the news. Who ever takes her serious is just clueless.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting

I heard a woman call in to a "relationship expert", to ask for advice on dealing with a marital issue (husband not defending her), and I hear the "professional" have a meltdown. Good lord, it was one of the most unprofessional displays I've ever heard.

That's what struck me the most. Would Laura have just went off on the woman if the in-laws had been calling her fat and ugly? OH YOU GET A SENSE OF HUMOR. No, they were insulting her. That "husband" should be ashamed of himself for letting people trample all over his wife. No one treats my husband disrespectfully in front of me and I would hope he would stand up for me. That's part of being married.

Not that Laura would know anything about that considering she cheated on her first husband twice and took up with her second (sorry) while he was still married. No one should be asking that woman for family advice. She has no idea how to live in a family.

[edit on 19-8-2010 by antonia]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Racism dead? Try going down to ANY of the southern states in the USA (except parts of Florida) and simply say in a polite and calm manner that you are NOT a Christian and that you would RATHER have faith in Science which is REAL.

I wouldn't wish my worst enemy to say that one down there.

[edit on 19-8-2010 by Baloney]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I work with a number of Indians and actually needed to think hard about the last black African/Carribean person I worked with. Actually I then realised that last year and I worked with this black guy for over 3 years.

And there is the issue, you interview 4 candidates for a job, or you talk to someone in the street, what do you notice?

- He/She has an unusual clothes or earrings or tattoos
- He/She smells of alcohol
- She has a low cut skirt

None of this is about colour.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

seriously i liked her before this. she actually thought it was ok to say that on the radio and think she was right!? thats ignorance

edit
why do ppl say its just a word like words dont have meaning?

[edit on 19-8-2010 by fallinstar]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Is this a Harry Potter sequel? for it's the word we shall not mention... What the hell is N-Word? We're all so afraid the race police are gonna come and bust our skulls open if we say n****r.. it's a freakin word, nothing more.. why can't we even say it when we're engaged in harmless conversation about a knucklehead (Dr. Laura), who BTW, isn't even a psychologist from my understanding..

Frustrating... coming from a honky, cracker, peckerwood or whatever else you'd like to refer to me as, it is just a word, afterall...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join