It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Almost Arrested For Obeying The Law! Need Advice.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Congratulations. It's always refreshing to see a story like this with a happy ending.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by KILL_DOGG

Pay for a lawyer and go to court. If you go to court have an attorney, it's always the right move.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I agree with the above, at least call a lawyer and discuss this.. I think the cops overstepped their authority here a lot.. You can't brandish a weapon with no hands on it.

I would sue for malicious prosecution by the way they tried to trump together the brandishing and then verbally adding in the disturbing the peace in a threat... They were punishing you for lawfully carrying a gun..

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by BrandonK

Thanks. I really didn't want to have to fight this, but I was NOT going to let them take my CCDW.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by KILL_DOGG
I took the ticket and am going to court over it, but they threatened to arrest me for disturbing the peace, we were still on an interstate, what peace am I disturbing?
[edit on 19-8-2010 by KILL_DOGG]

I don't know what to suggest but I know that we need to get the 'Disturbing the Peace' law removed off the books. It is vague enough to apply to any situation and abused by law enforcement to no end.

[edit on 31-8-2010 by ararisq]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
So are you some big knarly looking biker on a Harley with extended ape handles or are you more like a young nerd on a rice burner looking more like an office assistant?

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Oh I caught your discription on page 2, now, i am sure glad to hear that this has been thrown out. Just drop it now and move on. I know its fun to imagine taking and putting it to the man, yould probably win but you would also become more known than you want to be in todays theater, especially Ky.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrJay1975
reply to post by KILL_DOGG

Pay for a lawyer and go to court. If you go to court have an attorney, it's always the right move.

Did you read the first post and ignore the rest? Seriously, come on now. The issue has almost entirely been resolved.

EDIT: I just noticed you received two stars for your comment.

[edit on 8/31/2010 by BrandonK]

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by BrandonK

No worries, everyone's been guilty of responding before reading through the rest of the posts. Star for ya though for getting my back!

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Gratz!!

As you said, it sounds like they had decided they were going to charge you with "something" regardless. That you knew the law and asked to see a supervisor may have made even more inclined to come up with something to charge you with.

As an old officer once told me - "PoP (P***ing off police) is not a crime, but some officers think it should be a capital offense".

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Frogs

The thing is, a vast majority of LEO's are good, hard working people. It's the few cops like these that really give them a bad name. I wish this hadn't happened, but I have filed formal complaints against the two officers and the watch commander.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Glad to see it worked out for you. I've been carrying a Ruger Superblackhawk 44 mag in my truck with me for 21yrs. Never had anything like that happen. I always tell them I have a gun as they're walking up to the truck. Only had one cop ask for it he laid it on top of the truck until he was done.Did have one cop want to look at it. I've been pulled and went thru road blocks quite a few times in 21 yrs. I live in North Carolina.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join