It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran to target enemies' interests around world, if attacked

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Agreed. Both Iran and North Korea have adopted defensive postitions, and who can blame them?

This is a bit far fetched, but is it far off to think that if Iran was actually willing to cooperate on an infrastructure and inspection level (remember the banned surprise UN inspections), they could possibly broker a deal that subsidizes fuel with nuclear technology sans the enrichment process?

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by canderson180

They did broker a deal with Russia, Brazil, and Turkey. What's going on this week with their reactor going online is part of that. They also this week asked the IAEA to help in getting sanctions lifted. They've been cooperating. They're only going to go with deals for enrichment from those they trust. And who can blame them. Their enriched uranium in the wrong hands could go a long way in framing them or setting off a false flag of one type or another. Imagine the headline...al Qaeda suitcase nuke explosion traced back to Iran. Something like that.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

You do present a good point there. I'm all for the Bushehr fuel deal, but why are they so insistent on running their own enrichment program, knowing that it is the sole reason they are being sanctioned. Candy nuts all around, it seems as if most of Iran's actions are just to spite the US. Give up the enrichment, keep on brokering fuel swaps with non-US entities (IAEA monitored of course) and I'm sure the world would be a happy place.

(I know it's not that simple...)

new topics

<< 1   >>

join