It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK: £12,000 Free Solar Panel Installations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I wasn't absolutely sure where to put this but considering it's all about energy and involves government funding i thought i would put it here. I did get permission for this thread and hopefully i've stayed within the guidelines.

There are a number of companies providing free solar panel installations and free maintenance in the UK.

www.moneysavingexpert.com...

The government have a policy whereby anyone who produces energy from solar panels will receive up to £800 a year. This is where the free panels come in, these companies give you the panels, installation, maintenance and insurance on the agreement that you keep them for 25 years and they receive this £800 a year that the government would normally give you.

To me this sounds like an excellent idea. If you have the £12,000 spare then it's probably better you have them installed and take the government money yourself, if however you don't have the money then these panels could be installed and save you money on your electricity bill.

I just thought some ATS members would be interested and you should read the details carefully.

join