It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "meat beast," the "donut burger," and other monstrosities

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Stay away from fast food.

Humans were designed to eat slowly burning food.

Put the wrong fuel in your engine and that engine will seize up.

Shame people think less about their own engines than the engines of their cars.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknows

Humans were designed to eat slowly burning food.

Actually our gut physiology suggest we are supposed to eat nutrient dense food that is very absorb able.

What is a slow burning food?

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Has anyone seen man versus food? That guy is the anti christ to vegans but I like him and I've gotta admit some of those gut busting, vein shrinking, heart seizing, brain clogging giant meals for 10 that he eats on his own sure do look good!

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Sourdough4life

We are meant to eat a lot of grain, a lot of protein, a lot of meat but not too much red meat, and a lot of veg and fruit.

That equals a well-tuned engine.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   

We are meant to eat a lot of grain, a lot of protein, a lot of meat but not too much red meat, and a lot of veg and fruit.

Is this With or without melted cheese?

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   

I highly disagree, humans did not evolve on a grain based diet, grains contain many anti nutrients unlike animal foods and don't have complete nutrition.

What that equals is a road to heart disease and osteoporosis from all the grain consumption.

FYI Humans evolved on a largely red meat based diet. Grains are an invention of agriculture.

[edit on 5-9-2010 by Sourdough4life]

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by markygee
Has anyone seen man versus food? That guy is the anti christ to vegans but I like him and I've gotta admit some of those gut busting, vein shrinking, heart seizing, brain clogging giant meals for 10 that he eats on his own sure do look good!

I can't even watch that show. It makes me ill.

Although, we are in a FOODIE era where chefs are like the new rock stars. I prefer watching the food shows where I learn how to cook something new. I've become a very good cook from the shows I watch, and if I can learn how to cook well, anyone can.

It takes planning and some effort to eat well.

I think the monstrosity burgers and insane fast food items are geared more towards the younger crowds. It's a whole lot cheaper and more fun to get a $1 burger than a $3.99 salad...

imo

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I think we need a different term for unhealthy food these days. The term "fast food" is no longer relevant. A fat and sugar laden thing, such as the Krispy Kreme doughnut burger, takes longer to put together than a healthy salad or healthy sandwich.

Some other things that take time to put together can also be very unhealthy, like chocolate covered bacon (bacon needs time to cool), or deep fried mars bars (chocolate bar should be cold before deep frying).

These unhealthy "fast foods" got labeled as such when we used to pull into a hamburger place, and they are already made, and just sitting waiting for us, sometimes for hours.

Real food can be fast food, if we think of salads, fruits, quick healthy sandwiches on whole grains, or a chicken breast with a side of vegies. Quick and easy. Nothing faster than just grabbing an apple to eat.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join