It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "meat beast," the "donut burger," and other monstrosities

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 05:10 AM
link   
I thought deep-fried twinkies was a sure sign of the apocalypse, but it seems the fast-food industry was just warming up. A look at the chlorestoral bonanza ahead of us follows. Digging yer grave with yer fork, as they used to say...

...[Burger King's new "Whopper Bar"]...which serves up variations on the Whopper sandwich...BK groupies flocked to try novelty items like the Meat Beast — which includes crispy bacon, pepperoni, and melted American cheese — and the Bourbon Whopper — which comes with onion rings and Bourbon-flavored sauce...

Krispy Kreme Cheeseburger — for Real
The fast foodies' ultimate combo was reportedly dreamed up by a chef in Decatur, Georgia, who brought together the two food faves (a donut sliced in half, with meat and cheese in the middle) and dubbed it the Luther Burger. The calorie bomb has been making its way to ball parks and state fairs, growing a fan base along the way. This year, the Krispy Kreme Cheeseburger is featured at the Wisconsin and Kentucky State Fairs. As one writer for the Christian Science Monitor noted, the burger "sounds atrocious to just about everyone who hasn't tried one." Searches on Yahoo! for the sweet-and-savory treat are sizzling with a whopping 447,225% one-day increase in lookups...

More:
buzz.yahoo.com...

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

I heard about the Krispy Creme donut sliced in half with a burger.

To me this would be disgusting.
But to each his own I guess.

The cattle is being fatten up for slaughter.

Question everyone should be asking is by who?

[edit on 19-8-2010 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Watch the episode of The Boondocks called "The Itis"
It deals with this very thing, and is simply hilarious.

I know people who think getting the "itis" after eating is funny but if you need a nap after eating a meal...something is just wrong!

- Lee

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 05:32 AM
link   
you know, it's almost like the fast food chains (arbies, hardees (carl's jr), mcd's, wendies, dominos, etc) are in some sort of contest to see who can get the American public to consume the most glutinous and disgusting stuff. Dominos had an oreo pizza monstrosity, the kfc double chicken breast sandwich...its actually entertaining at some point. It is actually cheaper to eat this garbage than it is to buy healthy alternatives at many stores...pretty twisted.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent
reply to post by silent thunder

The cattle is being fatten up for slaughter.

Question everyone should be asking is by who?

[edit on 19-8-2010 by ofhumandescent]

By our masters, so that when people realize how badly they have been screwed, they can flap their flabby arms and whine.

Turn the speakers down first.(hard language)

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 05:51 AM
link   
My heart feels funny when I think about these awful concoctions. I eat beef very rarely now, maybe once a month. I'm seriously thinking about going back to vegetarianism. I was healthier.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Question is: What's the problem? If they want to sell that stuff, let them sell it. Nobody forces you to eat that, right?
And the people who want to eat something like that, well, let them eat it. It's their own life, they have the right to.

I really wonder why food is so important, that regularly, people here on ATS bitch about what people eat and basically want to force everyone to live the way they think is the only right one (in 95% of all cases it's vegetarian propaganda)

Sometimes you can get the impression, that ATS is overrun by Peta terrorists spreading out their stupid beliefs

And to be perfectly clear: I find fast food absolutely disgusting and don't eat it, i don't eat frozen food (except for vegetables, because the frozen stuff is actually more healthier than the so called "fresh" stuff that lies around for days in the stores and lose all it's vitamines) but i say: If other people like it, i have no problem with it. I know some people who eat 3-4 times per week at McDonald's and they don't look any unhealthier than our veggie-freaks

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   
All this talk about delicious food is making me hungry! I'm gonna have to go hit up a fast food place tommorow. YUMMMM.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Have you seen the taco pizza? It's a large pizza used like a hard taco shell, and filled with all of your taco goodies of course.. It sounds good to me but maybe between like 6 people

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   
They should start adding these "meals" to thisiswhyyourefat.com

Maybe one day, people will get the message. I doubt it, but one can live in hope.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   
All more the reason to avoid fast food in general.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowAngel85

I really wonder why food is so important, that regularly, people here on ATS bitch about what people eat and basically want to force everyone to live the way they think is the only right one (in 95% of all cases it's vegetarian propaganda)

It's the same lovely double-standard they apply to all things medical here, too. They claim people should be able to freely choose between alternative and modern medicine, but then demand that modern medicine be banned, shut down, or otherwise removed from the choice.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by ShadowAngel85

I really wonder why food is so important

Hmmm yeah, food...it's near the bottom on my list of important things in life. But i agree, people shouldn't be force to eat any sort of food...if people are silly enough to eat crap everyday of the week that is up to them. Im silly enough to smoke, knowing full well the problems that come with it though, many of the people that eat this sort of crap and also feed their children it don't have a clue as to what they are doing to themselves and their children.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowAngel85
Question is: What's the problem? If they want to sell that stuff, let them sell it. Nobody forces you to eat that, right?
And the people who want to eat something like that, well, let them eat it. It's their own life, they have the right to.

I really wonder why food is so important, that regularly, people here on ATS bitch about what people eat and basically want to force everyone to live the way they think is the only right one

Ah, but staying out of each other's business, playing "live and let live", treating adults as adults regardless of your opinion on their actual maturity, resisting the urge to be a condescending nanny to those around you, and focusing instead on improving your own life, health, and relationships...

why, that would just be so reactionary and Founding-Father-ey and dare I say it... fascist!

(and probably racist, too)

[edit on 19-8-2010 by NewlyAwakened]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I have seen the 'donut burger' elsewhere...a friend of mine and I have a running bet on who actually makes one first.

To all those who think they are hungry now; I discovered this little gem ages ago...it even has the recipes.

The Cheese & Burger Society

mmmmmmmmmmmm

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
That Krispy Kreme donut burger looks and sounds awful. What a way to ruin a good burger and a good donut.
I will have my burger first and my donut after thanx. But not very often. :shk:

The chocolate covered bacon was another flavour combo that doesn't sound right at all
Ruins both the bacon and the chocolate.

Now the deep fried Mars bar, with ice cream on the side mmmmmmmm.

But all in moderation folks, these are things that will kill you if you eat them too often. If you get your 5 to 10 servings of fruit and vegies each day, then the
krispy kreme donut burger won't do too much damage. Choose the side salad instead of fries

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
fast food is not good for human obviously.nature life style is need,but not modern style.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
eating meat fried in fat and covered in cheese makes people fat?
who knew!

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 03:51 AM
link   
This is a very interesting study that pertains to the OP: www.youtube.com...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join