It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs/USOs and Ships at Sea

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 04:37 AM
link   
This isnt your typical USO thread (Unidentified Submerged Objects) - What I am trying to accomplish here is the "whys" regarding why UFOs are attracted to the waters here on Earth. Perhaps they have an Alien base under our Oceans? Do they use water for their ships somehow? There are many reports of UFOs (or USOs) going in and out of lakes, seas and oceans all around the world and I would like to know why. I discovered the following website with information in it that may touch this subject up a little and help us get to the bottom of it.

An Introduction

It is an accepted fact that UFOs have always had an attraction to the lakes and oceans of our planet. One of the most accepted explanations for this attraction is that UFOs have bases under water. Another theory is that UFOs use water as part of their navigation system, or other important ship function. Being in our oceans, of course, gives them the freedom of wide open spaces. They can maneuver, and come and go at will, with little chance of being seen by human eyes. On rare occasion, however, they do make themselves known, either purposely, or inadvertently, and are seen by crew members of various boats, submarines, airplanes, and ships working in the waters of planet Earth. It would be very interesting to know how many times ocean vessels, submarines, or even planes at sea have seen these unknown flying objects.

1952 - Operation Mainbrace Sightings

In 1952, an enigmatic series of UFO sightings and encounters occurred during a NATO operation called "Operation Mainbrace." Including multitudes of personnel, planes, and ships, it was the largest such operation to that date. On September 13, the first UFO sighting of the operation was made from the Danish destroyer "Willemoes," operating north of Bornholm Island. Several crew members spotted a triangular-shaped UFO moving at high speed. On September 19, another report of a UFO was made from a British Meteor aircraft which was returning to the airfield at Topcliffe, Yorkshire, England. The object was seen by several ground personnel, who described a disc-shaped, silver object which was rotating on its axis. It soon sped away. On September 20, another sighting was made from the aircraft carrier U.S.S. Franklin D. Roosevelt. A silver, spherical object was seen and photographed by crew members.

1966 - USS TIRU Encounters UFO

In 1966, the USS TIRU SS-416 submarine was moored to a civilian pier in Seattle, Washington. The sub was part of the Rose Festival, and was harbored for public touring. The TIRU's UFO encounter occurred during its trip from Pearl Harbor in route to Seattle, when the port lookout noticed a strange object about 2 miles away. Several crew members were alerted, and confirmed the sighting of a metallic craft, larger than a football field. The object flew into the sea, soon emerged, and went into the clouds. There was also radar confirmation of the sighting. All in all, at least five crew members saw the unknown flying object, and photographs were taken, but have not been made public.

1968 - Panamax Bulk Carrier GRICHUNA

The GRICHUNA was loaded with coal when it left South Carolina in route to Japan in 1968. Our witness, a second officer, was on night watch on the 0000 - 0400 hours shift as the vessel was off the coast of Florida. Seas were calm, and the GRICHUNA was making about 15 knots with good visibility. The officer was on the ship's port side, watching the lights of Palm Beach. Suddenly, he was distracted by lights under the water. The strange lights were about 10-15 meters deep, and 30-40 meters from the ship. The object was similar to an airplane, except it had no wings or tail. The officer could plainly see windows on the craft. This ruled out the possibility of it being a naval submarine. Although there were some tourist subs with windows, they would not be operating at night. The officer also stated that the object was moving at a speed much greater than any of our subs could manage at that time.

1969 - British Grenadier

The Grenadier was an oil tanker which was involved in one of the most prolonged UFO sightings by any ocean going vessel, as crew members watched an arrowhead-shaped object near the ship for three days in 1969. The event occurred in the Gulf of Mexico, and began on day one as arrowhead-shaped UFO was seen hovering above the ship at noon. Unbelievably, this object remained with the ship for three days. The UFO was estimated as being a mile in altitude, and during daylight hours, it was a dark blue color. At night, however, it became a silvery light. Weather conditions were good, and seas were calm during the three day sighting. On the first day of the object's presence, the ship's engines abruptly stopped. The second day, the ship's food storage refrigeration stopped operating, although no reason was found for the power outage. More electrical problems were encountered on the third day, with the ship's engines again failing. All systems returned to normal on the third day, as the unknown object vanished from view, never to be seen again. All of these events were entered into the ship's logs. It is almost certain that photographs and motion picture film was taken of the object, yet no media has ever been made public.

Source

[continued]

[edit on 19-8-2010 by -Blackout-]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 04:37 AM
link   

1986 - USS Edenton

The amazing report of a UFO encounter by the USS Edenton is related by a crew member who was an eyewitness to the strange events of the Summer of 1986. As the ship was maneuvering about fifty miles off the coast of Cape Hatteras, North Carolina, it was 11:00 PM on a clear night. Our witness had the night watch. His duties were simply to report anything unusual in the waters or skies. Seemingly out of the blue, there appeared four, red circular lights. The lights were hundreds of yards apart when they first were spotted. The eyewitness could clearly see that the four lights formed a square in the sky. The crewmen was familiar with all light configurations of airplanes, and was certain that the lights could not be attributed to any known aircraft. These red lights were about 20 degrees above the horizon, and a mile away from the Edenton.

Source

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Awesome, carry on, I love these sightings.

Here is a recent one from South Africa - although possibly a meteorite:

Port Shepstone - The National Sea Rescue Institute (NSRI) is monitoring a mysterious situation on the KZN south coast.

"Numerous" eye-witnesses reported an unidentified flying object crashing into the sea on Saturday.

NSRI Shelley Beach station commander, Eddie Noyons, said eye-witnesses had reported an unidentified object - possibly an aircraft - crashing into the sea behind the breaker line off-shore of the Port Shepstone High School.

Link

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by deltaalphanovember

Thanks for the reply

Yeah, people think these UFOs "crash" into the ocean - However, this is when UFOs become USOs.

And care to share why you think UFOs are so attracted to the waters here on earth? Any theories etc?

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   
I haven't read your post in full OP, apologies, but I just wanted to ask - have you heard that they are making a film based on the game Battleships that is going to have something to do with USO's? I heard about it last night on the radio - wouldn't mind hearing some thoughts on this. I have never heard anything to do with USO's in the MSM before. I wonder if it's a step in possible eventual disclosure of any sort of unidentified craft (or Hollywood is simply bored with UFOs).

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by SerialLurker

Nope, I have not heard about that. Thanks for the heads up however.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 05:29 AM
link   
If (and that's a big "if") they are extraterrestrial ships studying the Earth it's only natural that they would study also the other 2/3 of this planet's surface.

Now, considering that besides surface, water represents a 3D space, it has much more to study than the landmasses.

If I was an ET visiting Earth I would like to see what's happening bellow the surface, specially if I was from a planet without large oceans.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

That is a good theory. Thanks for the reply

Yeah, if a person was an outsider looking at planet Earth, they'd probably see it as a water planet and would want to investigate the depths of the watery abyss (which is something that we humans know so little about really)

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Honestly i dont know a whole lot about UFO or USO but, there is so much water out there that they could hide, do what ever aliens would do down there be it science or a vacation, i dunno but sure seems like a dam good place to hide. for myself personaly i think aliens i look up to the sky to try and find a UFO, it wouldnt even cross me to think of looking in the lake or the ocean. they could go abduct people and steal cows and go hide out in davy jones locker and nobody would ever notice.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Here's an interesting encounter from the 70's in Norway, you'll find alot more sightings in the source link.

The Sognefjord, Norway USO - 1972

For two weeks, the Norwegian Navy tracked a USO in the Sognefjord, the world's second longest fjord. The incident was taken so seriously by the government that ships and sub-seeking helicopters were called to find the object. On November 20, the UFO was seen exiting the water, and described as "a massive, silent, cigar-shaped object".

One ship actually opened fire on what was considered a hostile craft, but to no avail, as the USO simply dove into the waters. The unknown object also avoided depth-charges. Finally, it was decided to block up the fjord and trap the object, but somehow it slipped away.

Source: USO's

I've honestly got no ideas as to why they are attracted to the waters, but I don't even know if they are more attracted to the waters than the airspace. ArMaP provides a good theory though.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 05:49 AM
link   
I found these three interesting videos on youtube by Carl Feindt whom tries to connect the dots with UFOs and the Waters of Earth.

Enjoy.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by -Blackout-

Carl Feindt of Water UFO has been compiling a database of UFOs near water sightings. He's got a few hundred sighting reports in there.

I guess that UFOs move around in our atmosphere as if it isn't a medium. They are spherical or reputedly saucer-shaped. Spheres have terrible properties for flying and have no lift. The saucers apparently make no sonic booms or generate air currents. If they are craft from somewhere, the propulsion isn't reliant on the air or water they travel through.

They could be exploring the depths of water with the same ease as they cut through our skies? Like it isn't even there.

People like to imagine there are huge bases under the oceans near Puerto Rico or mid-Atlantic. Some insist they exist and probably have a book out telling us they've been and got an ashtray. Beyond getting carried away, it makes sense to me that if 'something' was visiting...a staging post beneath the seas would be the smartest place to put it.

There's an interview with Carl Feindt on BoA that's not too bad. He has some intriguing ideas about displacement fields and trace evidence...Carl Feindt Interview at BoA.

I also recommend reading or listening to some Don Ledger about the Shag Harbour UFO crash. Of all the UFO and sea incidents...this is legendary.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Two theories (as good or bad as any out there):

1. The inner-earth or deep sea "alien" (ie. native inhabitants of earth but more at home in the ocean than we are, in fact probably much older than we are, and possibly reptilian.
2. If from another planet, it makes sense to establish a base in places like the Marianos Trench as we know less about the bottom of the ocean at these depths than we know about the surface of the moon.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   

And care to share why you think UFOs are so attracted to the waters here on earth? Any theories etc?

Well here's a theory, or at least the beginnings of one: There are two higher life forms on our planet. One resides on the land mass above water. The other resides beneath the water.
A civilization which is naturally accustomed to the depths of the oceans and has devised means of travel at that depth would surely be most fit to travel outside of the atmosphere.

In fact, i've often wondered if there are life forms on our planet who have immigrated here from somewhere else, and if we humans are in fact them.

.....What if we are the aliens?

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Thanks for the reply Kandinsky.

What do you think about those three videos I posted with those lectures by Carl Feindt?

And yes, ive read up on the Shag Harbour incident. Its truly a great read. One of my favorites really.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by deltaalphanovember

Interesting theories there
thanks for the reply.

And yeah, a lot of people feel the same way and think those things as well.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by blood0fheroes

Thats a pretty scary theory to wrap my head around
but hey, when it comes to this subject, you never really know.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   

3/4 of the planet is oceans, 95% of those are unexplored. To me it makes sense. If you can live in a pod, you can live anywhere.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Droogie
Here's an interesting encounter from the 70's in Norway, you'll find alot more sightings in the source link.

The Sognefjord, Norway USO - 1972

For two weeks, the Norwegian Navy tracked a USO in the Sognefjord, the world's second longest fjord. The incident was taken so seriously by the government that ships and sub-seeking helicopters were called to find the object. On November 20, the UFO was seen exiting the water, and described as "a massive, silent, cigar-shaped object".

One ship actually opened fire on what was considered a hostile craft, but to no avail, as the USO simply dove into the waters. The unknown object also avoided depth-charges. Finally, it was decided to block up the fjord and trap the object, but somehow it slipped away.

Source: USO's

I've honestly got no ideas as to why they are attracted to the waters, but I don't even know if they are more attracted to the waters than the airspace. ArMaP provides a good theory though.

Earth is the only water planet for as far as we can see.

By pod above, I mean "habitat."
You don't have to be a fish to live underwater. Not sure it came out that way.
USO's are first I think in likelihood of all that we see. They are from here. Anything else in the UFO realm, may not be from here. May not even know how to swim.
We might be the aliens in that we crawled out and stayed on land while there may be others who never joined us.

This was a great link. I got caught up in the photo's. Just returned from land in Costa Rica so the story about the USO in Lake Cote was of great interest. The camera shoots every 17 seconds or so and caught the USO entering the water. What a clear shot, Now curious re:Temple of the Moon.
About.com best UFO photos, on the link... was a trip too. I thought I'd seen them all. Now I notice the one in China recently and another in Calif '05 look a lot alike.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I believe "they", whoever they are, go there because of the vast areas they can travel....Life began in water, where else would be a better place to study life on this planet other than from the source of where it came.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join