It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ban government loans

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   
How is it possible that we let our politicians take loans on behalf of our nations and in the process condemn the future generations to debt slavery?

It should be made illegal globally for a nation to take any debt. It is as simple as that.

What would be easier for a politician then to sign a paper and get a trillion dollars of borrowed money, and run things with it as long as they are in power? Nothing is simpler than that. The problem arises from the fact that when the politician has safely retired with his 100000$/mont retirement benefit he does not really care about the consequences. He will get his benefit, the nation will suffer from the debt he brought upon it.

Debt = slavery

USA is currently the most enslaved country in the world. They have no means of even thinking about paying back their debt, so they just focus on (military) spending to be able to declare bankruptcy and thus get rid of all debt they have. As long as no-one have the guts to attack them, they could not care less. After all, they have got trillions after trillions of dollars of borrowed money, and that debt will vanish as fast as they declare bankruptcy.

Are all the people really this ignorant? I mean come on, USA has doubled its national debt in the last 10 years. That is just insane.

[edit on 8/19/2010 by above]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by above

USA is currently the most enslaved country in the world.

Where the heck did you get that idea? Enslaved? Your kidding me right? I agree with the fact that giving politicians loans, credit cards and other financially accessible tax payer money should be ditched, but you can't say that has caused "enslavement". Thats just ludicrous.

edit: spelling.

[edit on 19-8-2010 by NeutronAvenger]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 04:26 AM
link   
TPTB want to bankrupt America. Then they'll really be able to control us. Good luck trying to get them to stop borrowing. The United States government has never been very responsive to it's people. Now, with a foreign born President, it's even worse.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by NeutronAvenger

I got it from the fact that debt = slavery

Do you know a country thats national debt is bigger then USA's? If you do, please let me know, since i have been under the impression that USA's more than 13 trillion dollar debt is the biggest of any nation.

When you owe someone you are bound to pay that back, plus paying interest for every moment you have not paid it back. If that is not considered economic slavery, then what is?

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 04:49 AM
link   
"...As a very important source of strength and security, cherish public credit. One method of preserving it is to use it as sparingly as possible, avoiding occasions of expense by cultivating peace, but remembering also that timely disbursements to prepare for danger frequently prevent much greater disbursements to repel it, avoiding likewise the accumulation of debt, not only by shunning occasions of expense, but by vigorous exertion in time of peace to discharge the debts which unavoidable wars may have occasioned, not ungenerously throwing upon posterity the burden which we ourselves ought to bear."
-George Washington, fairwell address, 1796

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 04:53 AM
link   
you all remember good ole newt's contract with america??
part of it was that they would not borrow any money, unless there was a war, or emergency....
so, well, they went and started not one war, but two!!!
there would have to be an exemption to this regarding emergency spending......I mean, we've gone into debt for most of the wars we fought, and some of them needed to be fought (like our revolution!!)....
unfortunately, that would just trigger our dear elected officials to create the emergencies so they can do what they love to do.....
spend your grandkid's money!!!
it isn't social security, or welfare, or anything else that needs an overhaul, you could overall everything, and well, our gov't would still be borrowing out the arse....
we need to overall the gov't, starting with instilling a little integrity into it!

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by above
reply to post by NeutronAvenger

I got it from the fact that debt = slavery

Do you know a country thats national debt is bigger then USA's? If you do, please let me know, since i have been under the impression that USA's more than 13 trillion dollar debt is the biggest of any nation.

It's bigger in absolute terms, but as a percentage of GDP the USA's external debt pales in comparison to many other nations.

en.wikipedia.org...

When you owe someone you are bound to pay that back, plus paying interest for every moment you have not paid it back. If that is not considered economic slavery, then what is?

If the USA was prepared to go totally self-sufficient, it could probably just cancel its debts. I can't really see anyone forcing you to pay up, can you?

new topics

top topics

join