It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

About Jesus Christ

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 03:41 AM
link   
This not a historical lesson.

This is a lesson about Jesus Christ.

If Jesus Christ did exist, and if He went through all those agonies - He left behind a message - and that message was, love your brother.

This world does not love its brother.

And He left a message that was gentleness, love, forgiveness.

Now, get this, it does not matter if He was here or not - gentleness, love and forgiveness are all that matter here and now.

So, anyone or anything calling itself after Jesus Christ is wrong, if they are doing wrong, including churches.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknows

Right you are catwhoknows, which is why Christ has come and I have pointed out his name, for he is here on earth and ready to gather his flock. Here is his name:

THE NEW NAME OF CHRIST

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ben91069

OK, Ben, I am so rapt that someone knows what I mean.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Jesus was a nice guy, regardless of what religion you practice

I felt like I had to throw a comment in here, but I don't have anything else to add. Be a bit more like Jesus, even if it's hard D:

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknows

We might have crossed swords in the past on here, I'm an atheist - but this is the version of Jesus that seems most true and also the one that we should all aspire to.

Although, my personal favourite vision of Christ is where he sings lead for Skynyrd.

[edit on 19/8/1010 by jokei]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 05:34 AM
link   
That's awesome, incarnating! But you can be an atheist and still believe Jesus. I don't believe the hype, but I believe he was a cool cat.

He had many lessons, my personal favorite was "Don't swindle people"... People have forgotten that, especially the rich and powerful. Bastards.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Jesus was a great man

The sad thing is most people don't realize that there are churches out there that actually teach you to simply love one another and love your God like Jesus did. I know this because that's the church I grew up in, a small building in rural South America.

It really hurts me when people generalize Christianity as a whole, and portray us all as bigoted, hypocritical fanatics... but I'm straying off topic, my main point was the first line

new topics

top topics

join