It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An idea to stop haters and trolls on ATS!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
OP, this is already in effect, it's just not enforced that stringently IMO.

3) Posting ban: If warnings have not resulted in improved compliance with the Terms and Conditions, we will apply a second-level ban that prevents posting, sending U2U's, and chatting. At this point, the member is not banned from ATS, but cannot participate while the ban is in effect. Please be aware that exceptionally serious first-time offenders may immediatly receive this action. At this time, a "global ignore" may also be applied to quickly remove abusive posts, or other posts that are contrary to the Terms and Conditions.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
For whom the bell trolls?

"There is no finer and no worse people in the world. No kinder people and no crueler. -- Ernest Hemingway, For Whom the Bell Trolls, Ch. 31

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Joe, I think I can do you one better.

We, as a collective, need to stop replying to those that are rather obviously trolling. If another member responds, either U2U that member, or post on the thread a remind not to feed the trolls.

I think we are all ok with some harsh debating, it's the interwebs after all.

But obvious idiocy is just annoying and does not belong in adult conversations.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
IMO trolling isn't always about the language, but the post after post of no contribution or debate, just their opinion on how they don't personally like a thread.

If I take the time to read a thread, and I don't agree, if I cannot present evidence to the contrary, I keep it moving. There is really no need for someone to take the time to write a whole post on how they just don't like your information or how you present it.

This site is WAYYYYY to big, for people to just jump from post to post, being rude, which will sometimes take up space that others could have contributed to.

I love this site, but its getting harder and harder for me to want to participate and share my opinion with others, just because I think that a few will manage to ruin my thread.

This site is here because its supposed to be a place to share things that might be outside the box, now it seems if your not sensational enough, or you draw your conclusions outside the lines, you get nothing else but negative feedback.

I don't want to feel like I have to "sell" my opinions.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by justjoemusic

Why do you want to STOP people to express their thoughts freely.Who are YOU?

One mans troll is another mans freedom of expression.A different perspective.

You want us to all sink into a humangeous gelationous mass of uniformity.

Who gave you the right?

I think you are just another secret Hitler wanna be wanting to control peoples thoughts.

I dare say the best place for you do would be to emigrate to Africa,set up a tin pot dictatorship with secret police and get everyone to agree with you.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

Yes im talking about personal attacks here for no reason at all!!

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by iamsupermanv2

YES! I've seen an influx of trolls lately and the members are just ignoring them and the topic continues. If you feel someone is trolling, just ignore them.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Glad to see I'm not the only one thinking this way. Like I said, let them be. No attention=no more trolls. Let your friends know to leave them alone.

It really bothers me seeing seasoned members taking the bait from obvious trolling to derail or to get an emotional response.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Hi "good threads" fans.

Originally posted by intrepid
. . .influx of trolls lately and the members are just ignoring them and the topic continues.
If you feel someone is trolling, just ignore them.

One thing that could help us, serious posters, is to have
MORE than 10 [Ignore]s !

This way we could "clean up" our screen.

Blue skies.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
why should people have to agree with the poster or with everyone else. This site seems like a lot of people and I mean a lot are not different to the government and want to impose their opinion on everyone and if someone dares have a different opinion the they get banned.

Open and honest and passionate discussion is what is needed and some tougher feelings. Too many clones on here working for some leader of BS.

Individuals are needed.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Happyfeet
OP sounds like he said something really dumb and got rebuked by a "trolling hater" and expected to find a shoulder to cry on here.

If we all had to fear a permaban for ripping some idiot a new one here, we would just find somewhere else to go where we could have more freedom to tell people that they are wrong.

So not cool.

But hey, you got a point - we all have the freedom to tell everybody they're wrong, even if it's just because we don't like what they say

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by C-JEAN

Yes I agree with you here!!!

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by sassyncute

This is kind of what I mean, this place is being taking over by people who would rather reply to threads moaning about spelling or calling someone some unsavoury name rather then giving anything good to the discussion...

All I want to see is more posts/threads where people can express what they want without these trolls posting reply upon reply of garbage about how something has been spelt or just plainly abusing someone and not mentioning anything about the OP.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
ATS has extensive rules in place ATS Terms and Conditions of Use.

We also have an alert feature to alert posts that are breaking T&C which includes trolling. There is also the ATS Complaint/Suggestion Form located in the Member Center and get the full attention of the entire Staff.

With that said, please add additional ideas to ATS/BTS what would you like to see in the future? or any issues to the ATS Issues Thread or again, use the complaint forum.

Since this is becoming more chit chat and complaints and the BBQ forum is not for this, thread is now closed.

[edit on August 20th 2010 by greeneyedleo]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join