It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Late-night animal/creature on rooftop making noise and shaking walls?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

Thanks for the response. Poltergeist activity, as exciting and horrifying as that sounds is not the case here - as far as I can deduce. There's not really anything else to indicate a sinister presence. I personally would notice any small unexplained activity - such as moving objects, lights being turned on or off, noises, etc. and my family has never had any beefs about such things. Intriguing! But unlikely based on personal accounts and history of the residence.

As for the question of why I didn't go outside with a flashlight... Although I hate to admit it, I was actually too frightened by the noise. I had never heard anything even remotely like it or had any experience similar in any way. My father works the night shift so he wasn't home. My sister slept through it all amazingly and my normally alert "police dog" (joke - he's actually diabetic and half blind but normally responds to the slightest sound from the forest and barks after it) was fast asleep as well. My mother didn't want to accompany me and sadly - I didn't have my big boy pantaloons on. I wish I had gathered some courage and went out.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by 13th Zodiac

Not to interfere but in the spirit of maybe alleviating some aggression - I think he was referring to when I mentioned my sister's room in the original posts. *thumbs up*

As for raccoons mating - heck, why not. If that's the case they sure were active and going at it all night long. Maybe there was a cuddle puddle of them up there!

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemonkeydishwasher

This thought crossed my mind. Wouldn't that be interesting. Quick question - perhaps I am a newbie, and I apologize if I am - but what does "Second Line!" mean? Thank-you!

reply to post by purplemonkeydishwasher

I agree. Although the raccoon possibility is up there in likelihood - the question is: Can they exert more force then a 170 pound, fairly spry, farmer-boy making a raucous? I don't know but of course, would like to know.

reply to post by Starbug3MY

We do have muskrats (SP?) around our lake. I've never seen one alive but I remember my father once was attacked late at night when he came home from work by these little critters. It was winter and quite cold outside and the muskrat actually leaped at my father. Being in the country there was of course a shovel handy. When it attacked my father was ready and shmucked the beast into submission. The next morning we found it frozen solid... still in attack stance and all.

reply to post by snowspirit

A motor sound? Reminds me of a bush chicken/pheasant. They sound like helicopters taking off.
Crazy bird - what an odd thing.

To address your questions - yes there are trees quite close to one side of the house and anything that can climb could probably gap the distance onto the attached garage. There have been cougars spotted in our area in the past - or I should say - A SINGLE cougar (plural be gone!). If that were the case I certainly am glad I stayed indoors that evening or I might be cat food right about meow.

Thanks for the responses everyone. Much much appreciated.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by 13th Zodiac

I think it is obvious to everyone, surely to you, too, that I made a mistake in attributing part of your post to the OPs.

'Sorry if my innocuous words of my mistake upset you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join