It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

India becomes global drug trial ground for pharmaceuticals

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   

India becomes global drug trial ground for pharmaceuticals

rt.com

Human rights groups are raising concern over India turning into a hot spot for drug trials, where hospital patients are being used as guinea pigs for the world's pharmaceutical companies, sometimes without consent.

For the first six months of this year, nearly 500 deaths have been attributed to trials, which is more than the combined total for 2007 and 2008.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Im suprised something like this has actually made it onto the news. I would think that big pharma would censor stories like this, but this one got away.

This is pretty sick. Using the poor as guinea pigs. I dont really know what words to say to this.

The article goes on and says that around 2 million people in India are taking part in trials, with or without their consent. That is an extremely high number. Theres no telling what these experimental will do to these people in the future.

I dont really know what else to say.

rt.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 03:10 AM
link   
This is messed up. We definitely need to react to this.

I'd like to mention the other day I was reading a piece about propaganda and how the pharmaceutical companies use a tactic in which the birth rate of infants shows clearly that the population has increased however this data is then used by them to articulate that the population increase shown at large is due to the amount of "well-being" influenced by the prescription of drugs to the elderly, sick, or dying. It made me worried.

This news made me worried. Is this just going to go unheard?

If you find out anything else please let us know.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

Oh this is making news now? India has always been a trial ground for such things since 1960's.

It will continue to be so, you know the common house sparrows in India are disappearing? why? because a banned pesticide containing DDT was still being used, now a sparrow feeding on the insects effected by that pesticide, inturn prevented the formation of protective layers of eggs and the eggs would break off.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 03:59 AM
link   
You have to admit however, India is not the most Sanitary of places. I have been there multiple times, even for a friends wedding and unfortunately had to have so many vaccinations you would think I was sentenced to lethal injection...

You could say 500 deaths over 6 months from pharmaceutical trails, but 3000+ deaths most likely could be attributed to poor living conditions, malnutrition and disease.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by NeutronAvenger

I would'nt put India and the word "sanitary" in the same sentence. As for the rest of your post.....I hear you!!!

top topics

join