It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Troops FINALLY deployed to border!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
This is not the first time we have put the National Guard on the border. The last few times ended in disaster. These guys are not qualified to guard a boder and always create internationl incidents. They did push me across the border once when my engine expired in line. Thanks guys, but you forgot to inspect me.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Digital_Reality

Your fantasy is not real. Come down to the border and I will show you the truth. God bless the bravery of the illegal alien.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
What in the world will the troops do at the border anyway, hand out free bottles of Evian? Cook authentic Mexican cuisine for the illegals? Don't for a second think they'll stop them from coming across. These farms need workers. Plus there needs to be a ready supply of illegal alien construction workers at every Home Depot parking lot.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by earthdude

Your right, it takes a brave soul to smuggle drugs across the border.

We can see evidence of the braveness. Drug cartels are massacring people by the truck loads. Lets welcome that braveness over here. They are so so poor and battered and helpless and brave. Bless them, for they are the meek!

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Digital_Reality

I see you are using sarcasm. Neat trick. Seriously, even the drug smugglers, who are a minority of the illegals, are at times very meek individuals just trying to survive. The drug smugglers use tunnels created by TPTB. Yes, much death only a few miles away from me right now. The cause is economics, not sadism.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Using diplomacy at the borders or in the states wont solve a thing,
And I fully agree that the criminals trafficking the drugs are the biggist problem.
And what, the women and children arn't being used as decoys or carriers? haha,
Better yet, get the women knocked up in the states so they can get citizenship, wait,.. they are already doing that..
I think those of you that oppose defending our boarders and allowing the "poor human beings" have a bit too much estrogen in your systems..

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

i hear you loud and clear, but wouldnt martial law be jump started if we allowed the cartels to take over arizona????

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Cobra.EXE

california? so arizona is left to blow in the wind on its own.

more proof of this governments incompetence.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

er the war of 1836 and the war of 1847, yes we did try but like in the war of 1812 gave up, and well now you know the rest of the story, look at US history on them there dates and see. As far as the NG, well they better be MP not welcome to the us here is your guide map, your water bottle and the ticket north enjoy your free pass.

[edit on 19-8-2010 by bekod]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   

You know what sickens me, people who talk out both sides of their mouth.....

1. Screw Arizona. 2. See above. 3. I think we should just cut Arizona loose from the union, it's a useless state anyway. That's an interesting idea, forcibly remove a state from the union, send them on their way. Tell them, we don't want you anymore, you run yourself. 4. In your own snippet...

But think how great it would be, all those people that hate America could go to Arizona and live in a Conservative utopia! They could pass all sorts of laws like English only, the return of segregation, eliminate the right to vote for minorities and women, end all entitlement programs whatsoever, (no matter how much someone may actually need assistance), Christians only, and who knows what other Conservative ideals forced onto the people. Wouldn't it be great?

And then you JUMP down this guys throat telling him not to look a gift horse in the mouth?

Sure, let's just bad mouth any help on the boarder because of politics. Good job, anyone ever tell you not to look a gift horse in the mouth?

Do you deliberately pander to both sides of the fence? Or is it trolling? or are your views so conflicting that you cant keep them straight?

Sounds to me like youre the one being the biggot here, your first response to this WHOLE thing was full of snarky comments and nasty rhetoric...

This is the reason why ATS is going down the tube is because the LACK of intelligent debate over anything, because of this sort of mind set.....End it.....

As to the OP, I think its a good idea they send troops down to secure the borders, I just wish it wasnt for a political stunt like this seems to be.

Washington doesnt take the border issue seriously enough to send the manpower needed and I doubt they ever will.......The only thing they see as having any importance is suing Arizona to secure themselves votes by the minorities.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Ok, seems to me that many here don't actually want to see a solution to the immigration issue, short of going to war with Mexico.
I am not going to sit here and be berated by people who just want to kill.

This administration is doing far more than the last administration to control the flow of illegals across the boarder and deporting the ones here, but it's never going to be good enough till an all out war is declared on Mexico. Sorry but some people need a reality check.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   

eems to me that many here don't actually want to see a solution to the immigration issue, short of going to war with Mexico.

Nope, they sure don't. They rather keep throwing money at the problem and then complain about how the US is spending too much money.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
It seems like we are the only nation in the world that does not control it's own borders.

That is because we have so many mentally ill people in this country that have enabled the invasion of illegals.

These poor afflicted actually think that illegal immigration is good and that we can never have enough government.

They are the people who have no problem with state intrusions into the private lives of individuals - you can often find them on TV NEWS clips saying things like "I have nothing to hide so I don't mind the cameras/scanner/guards/dogs/sniffers/" "There should be no borders" and "The government is doing a good job".

[edit on 19-8-2010 by Exuberant1]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by above
Do i lack in reading comprehension, or what?

How can this statement be written: "Most of the 1,200 National Guard troops heading to the frontier, about 550, are going to Arizona, the major illegal immigration corridor into the U.S."

Most of 1200 would mean more then 600. They say 550.

I mean what?! is basic maths too difficult for the average citizen to spot this propaganda in their text?

[edit on 8/19/2010 by above]

They're probably sending them to more than two states...

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Digital_Reality
reply to post by earthdude

Your right, it takes a brave soul to smuggle drugs across the border.

We can see evidence of the braveness. Drug cartels are massacring people by the truck loads. Lets welcome that braveness over here. They are so so poor and battered and helpless and brave. Bless them, for they are the meek!

And it takes an ignorant soul for one to think all mexican illegals are drug smugglers.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Happyfeet

happy feet this is where the people make the biggest mistake in my op.

mainly, theyre giving away all their trust to a shadow government that in no way has the same interests as the sheeple.

its like a game of chess once you give it some thought..

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Cobra.EXE

What do you expect? Our military is stretched out enough overseas.

Just grab a gun and go and help them out. Don't complain on here. Grab a gun. Just hope that the cartels don't have flamethrowers and rocket launchers.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

I just watched on the news, ICE did a big gang bust here and in Wendover NV, and the list was eye opening, go to abc4newsutah.com and see for your self were they came form. Then tell me; Why do we have an open border?

Yes some of my responses are of "off handed" and"rhetorical", i make no apology's for them, but there needs to be an end to it, for one day, some were, the same thing will happen here just like what is happen there.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

i personally dont mind letting the illegals in if they dont have bad intentions. anyway, were more concerned about 'terrorists' or possible 'terrorist attacks' arent we???

its like a double sided mirror where the people are always screwed...

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cobra.EXE
reply to post by bekod

i personally dont mind letting the illegals in if they dont have bad intentions.

I don't believe you.

Only an ill-minded person would hold such thoughts.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join