It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The war between China and US is impossible because of Taiwan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 02:07 AM
link   
It is sure the breakout possibility of the war between China and US is very high. However, considering the two side�s situation as well as Taiwan, I think it�s impossible!

Firstly, for China, at present and for a long time our country has many domestic problems to deal with, which are more important than Taiwan. Our first task is to develop our economy, so China won�t unify Taiwan through military power if Taiwan don�t declare its independence.

Secondly, for US, if the war between China and US broke out, US would suffer a lot of losses, of course, the same for China. However, what benefits will be received by US??? Don�t talk about the safeguarding the democracy of Taiwan, and it is only a camouflage. In fact, any countries only consider their own national interests!!! To think the outcome of the war: the super nation�s position of US will be replaced by European Union, and the Russian and Japan will laugh in their sleeve. The US and China will be controlled by other countries!!!

Thirdly, for Taiwan, in fact, Taiwan don�t dare to declare its independence if Taiwan don�t gain the US permission. And even US permitted Taiwan to do so, but if Mainland keep enough military deterrent to Taiwan, Taiwan in the same way don�t dare to declare its independence.

Therefore, the key of the war between China and US is held by Mainland and US, and considering the both side�s own important interests, the war is impossible in the future!!! After all, except for Taiwan� problem, P.R.China and US don�t have the conflict of important interests and we have more common interests. I believe this point, and I think both side�s leaders also believe so!!! Both side's leaders need to seek a balance point!!!

[edit on 20-6-2004 by devmim]

[edit on 20-6-2004 by devmim]

new topics

join