It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Change username?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Hi, well I am not really all that new, but I do not know how to change my user name. Am I even able to change it? I apologize if this is in the wrong place.
Thanks

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by mateandbucky06

I don't think it is possible to change your username. You should really ask an administrator or senior staff member...

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Great Question.

If You Click On The HELP Tab, You Will See Right Below The UPLOAD MEDIA Tab The Edit Profile Information Tab.

Once You Click On The Edit Profile Information Tab You Will See This - User Name / URL: EyeHeartBigfoot | media.abovetopsecret.com... This is your unique profile url. It cannot be changed. Of Course Yours Will Have Your URL Listed In The Box.

I Am Not 100% Certain That You Can Not Change Your URL But It Is Clear You Can Not Perform The Task On Your Own.

So, After All That, I Can Only Suggest You Follow NeutronAvenger Advice.

I Would Be Very Interested In What You Find Out After Being In Contact With An Moderator, Administrator and/or Senior Staff Member In The Event I Decide To Follow Suit Some Future Day.

Flag & Star To Hopefully Bring Some More Attention To Your Question.

t

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 02:22 AM
link   
The short answer is "no, you cannot change your user name".

As I understand it the change is simply too complex and will compromise the integrity of the database.

Many members in the past have requested a name change, and the answer is: Register a new account - with the name you want - and notify a staff member of the change. The old account will be banned and your points will be moved to the new account. Your post count (etc.) cannot be altered and you will start again with a post and thread count of zero.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Can I ask a question?

I know that accounts cant be deleted, however could we have our name changed if we fear that we can be easily traced back through our user name and upon registering- used the same user name on all internet boards. Couldnt I choose a new name to replace the one I current have?

Ive realized too late that Ive leaked WAY too much on here that cant now be deleted. But atleast if i could change my user name, I could be protected more.

If you cant give the say so, can you give me the name of a mod that might be able to help me?

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by xynephadyn

See my response above. You cannot change your username.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by xynephadyn

I am not entirely sure about this, but hopefully Gemwolf can elaborate. I have heard the moderators can put someone on something called Global Ignore which basically hides all your posts and threads from the membership. However, I am not sure if it hides them from visitors.

I am sure, if you are worried, you may possibly be able to request this.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Thanks for all the responses. I guess I'll just end up making a new account or maybe keep this one, but thanks again for the info.

[edit on 19-8-2010 by mateandbucky06]

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by NeutronAvenger

Thanks!!!

top topics

join