It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My situation, what would you do?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

I shouldn't have to prove my story regardless of how unbelievable you think it is because it was not the focus of thread. I'm asking for help with my problem and you want me to prove I actually have a problem before you will help? Hell, I'm worried I said too much already.

Even if I did provide evidence, I doubt it would result in you positively contributing to the thread.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by samsamm9

Hmm...how is me asking what I can do to protect myself and fiance an idiotic question?

Actually no, I came to ATS because I thought it the was the place to come to get information you might not have gotten elsewhere. The more people I can reach and get feedback from the better the chances that someone will tell me something I might not have realized or found out on my own. Two heads are better than one!

[edit on 21-8-2010 by Infinityobserver]

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by americandingbat

I really think you need someone objective but local to you to talk to. Personally, I would recommend the counseling center at your university (I'm assuming it has one, most of them here do). Someone there would be bound by confidentiality rules not to disclose what is going on to anyone else and should also be able to put you in touch with organizations in your area that help women who are being threatened. This might not be a typical domestic violence situation, but I think they'll have the best resources for you and also be able to talk to you about what it means to disappear.

Otherwise, especially if there is a large Muslim population in your area, there may be groups that specifically work for women's rights in the Muslim community. Again, they may be able to help.

Changing your names, moving to another country, and never contacting either of your families or your friends again will put a really huge strain on your relationship. There are practical things to consider -- how will you both get jobs if you're no longer going by the names on your college diplomas?

You need someone who you can actually tell all the details to to help you get through the logistics, and you can't do that here on a public forum.

I understand what you saying and I agree.

That is exactly what I was looking for so THANK YOU! The fact that a name change could effect our ability to get employment is something I doubt I would have considered or found out on my own.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Infinite Observer lost his life, as well as another person close to the family, as a result of this relationship. Here is your proof for all those that questioned his motives:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I just wish he would have heeded most of the advice he was given back when he made these posts...

This was only going to end one way, and we tried to warn him of it. At least he is at peace now. The culprit will one day face his own final judgement.....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join