It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Godspeed to Iran, and congratulations.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Soshh

They haven't got the infrastructure, the desire or the ability to make nuclear weapons.

They take delivery of uranium from the Russians then give it back to be processed, the Russians will know if they cheat once and stop the shipments, the Iranians can't make a bomb with one shipment of fuel.

The Russians have a far greater, actual, problem with Muslim terrorists than the West in entirety, excepting the predictable attrition of personnel in the occupations, consequently they have every thing to lose if "the Muslim Terrorist underground" get munitions from whatever bogeyman. Yet they are happy to build and supply a nuclear power plant to Iran.

The leadership in Iran know full well how much oil and gas will cost in the not too distant future and want to be able to export as much of their production as they can.

The UK/USA want oil companies owned and traded in the West to be able to take their 60% of the profit, primarily because they have been lobbied (bribed) to do so by those very companies.

Also by being in a controlling position they can allot contracts to Chinese or Indian oil Co's to keep those countries sweet to our piracy.

[edit on 20-8-2010 by Thepreye]

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
The Iranian people dont even like the Iranian Government...

remember the protests during their election? it was caos. police killed many people to suppress this...

I wish the Iranian people the best. but their government is corrupt.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by DONNYxMC

you saying their goverments corrupt?

look at what happens to protesters in europe,
infact look at in the last couple of months and years,

UK, Police cleard of Murder of man trying to get home
then You have Greece
then you have France
You have the US where you are tazerd if you speak out of line or say something they dont like you saying
and so on

we in the west have lost the moral ground to say our goverment is any better when each and every day they come up with news ways to kill our civil liberties.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by fordrew

That's a great argument. So do you think if Japan or Germany obtained a nuclear bomb they wouldn't have used it? Do you know how many deaths on all sides were prevented by the use of those bombs? No you don't because it had it's intended effect and ended the war. The Japanese were already committing suicide in mass numbers and hunkering down for fights to the death. That included men women and children. There were warned. These are the tough decisions that commanders have to make in times of war.

Oh, here's something else for you THINK about. There's still a Japan and Germany today. Had they been the ones that won....ya....

It's uneducated and deceitful statements like these that have poisoned ATS.

[edit on 20-8-2010 by Infinityobserver]

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   
It's just the begining of a chapter in Asia Minor that will prove deadly and decisive for a least a couple of generations. The Persians are not loved or liked by their neighbors and the new Satraps in Iran are destined to lead their new Empire into the jaws of a vicious fight with ancient forces that still divide the region by tribes and other empire seekers.

No matter what our position in the West, the enemies of the Fundimentalist Islamic Ayhatollahs in their neighborhood will not easily bow to their designs, the Israelis certainly will not. Even with Russian help the radicals in Iran will be opposed.

I suspect that it will eventually look a bit like Armageddon before the dust settles. Whether you call it the Return of the 13th Imam or the Return of Christ the ground with be bloodied again, just like the last 8 millenium.

So fire the damn reactor off and see how long it takes for the powder keg to go off. I have been expecting something this ignorant for a long time. I personally believed it would be the Russians themselves, but it seems that they will export their expansionism through proxies. The Iranians are their new dupes and there will be a very high price demanded by the Devil this time.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   
I am completely with Iranian stand in it's pursuit to peaceful nuclear program and I even support Iran getting nuclear weaponry. That would only provide much needed balance in Middle East.

The only time I will oppose Iran's getting it's own nuclear weapon when Israel is stripped of nuclear weapons to make ME nuclear weapon free zone.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yowie13
Well let's look at the current situation. A whole bunch of countries already have nukes. Nukes are being controlled by, Christians, Jews, Muslims, Hindus and Atheists. And the only nukes that have ever been used officially against another country was used by good old fashioned Christians from the USA.

Once upon a time (pre 1963) much of the world looked up to the USA and thought what a wonderful place it is. Now it is a nation that is despised around the world. It could have helped all the planet become a better place. But all it exported was political manipulation, murder and war.

The next time a nuke is used in anger it is more likely to be anonther one from the USA in a false flag opperation on it's own people. That way they can justify wiping out their citizens rights and escalating their exportation of war.

And American's wonder why they are not liked in many places abroad. Sadam was put there by the Yanks. The Yanks armed the Taliban to oust the Russians. They have helped overthrow many ellected governments and supported a host of dictators. And now they are at war with the people they armed, how smart is that?

After the false flag attack of 9/11 and the subsequent joke of an inquiry that spent way less on it's inquiry than what was spent on the Starr Report, we knew the USA was in trouble. But over the ensuing years we have realised it is a complete basket case with a population that has been dumbed down and sedated, and in reality offers almost nothing constructive to the rest of the world.

Don't get me wrong. Most of the Yanks I've met are nice people, but they are in general, woefully ignorant of the rest of the world. And now that the world is such a small place that ignorance is a crime.

Now we wait to watch the USA invade the next country that gets blamed for the next false flag attack on US soil. I wonder who that may be. Just remember it wasn't us. The only nukes here in Australia would be in a US base. The ones that are supposed to be joint bases, but we get to supply the cleaners.

Anyhow I shouldn't be too controvercial. After all we have a Federal election tomorrow and none of our pollies are critical of the US. They remember the last 2 leaders who were too critical. One went for a swim and was never seen again. The other was kicked out of government, mid term, by the Governor General (Queens front man, and also CIA Lackey), something that had never happened here before or since

Please tell me what country the U.S. has ever "nuked"? You don't even know what you're talking about...

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skippy1138
Please tell me what country the U.S. has ever "nuked"? You don't even know what you're talking about...

Japan comes to mind?
the US is the only country use such powerfull weapon on civilians

what history books are the yanks handing out these days?

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by illusive man

Just to confirm you are indeed right the USA did "nuke" Japan twice, making the USA the only country to ever use nukes on another country.

That is not a dig at the USA or a judgement just a fact.

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join