It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

30 Months in Prison for Saying "The President Should Be Shot"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by lee anoma

lee, I hope that wasn't directed at me. In fact, I hope that wasn't directed at any ATS member. You are introducing the political/racial element of Obama hatred here, where there previously was none. Are you a trained provocateur? The arguments were proceeding just fine, but now you are taking this somewhere else it does not need to go.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Surely anyone who claims to be a true American wants the removal, one way or another of the President, consider he is the commander in chief that is supervising the current wave of tyranny that has establishd itself in America.

Basicaly if the oil spill in the gulf has not incited riots and acts of disobediance against the appropriate authorities, nothing will. Sad to see that all those jumpd up blow hards claiming to be militias have basicaly done nothing about this.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Your book dealers are the one's demanding this most, likening him to J.F.K., and Abraham Lincoln.

Conspiracy nuts get all over it, book deal city.

Those two jump to mind. I remember when it was almost time for Bonzo's Bedtime, or rather when Ronal Reagan got shot by that guy hopelessly in love with Jody Foster. He was craziee.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Eh. Kinda torn on this, but not really.

It's very different when someone says it on a bus, or amongst locals in a bar. It happens quite a lot, actually. It's an entirely different thing altogether when you say "The President should be shot" and then mail it directly to the White House.

How could that not be construed as anything other than a possible threat?

I'll wager it's not a threat, and just assume the guy is an angry eccentric felon... but anyway, probably doesn't deserve a 30 yearmonth sentence for this. Sounds like he needs help, not more time behind bars.. of which probably conditioned him to think this action reasonable.

[Some errors here.. misread the thread title.]

[edit on 19-8-2010 by SyphonX]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by SyphonX

I'll wager it's not a threat, and just assume the guy is an angry eccentric felon... but anyway, probably doesn't deserve a 30 year sentence for this.

Sounds like he needs help, not more time behind bars.. of which probably conditioned him to think this action reasonable.

Not 30 years...30 months.

And it does in fact include mandated psychological counseling.

and this is what he wrote..

"“The president needs to be shot for f---ing our country around like he has. If I was out there I would do it myself or at least try to. Anyone who has f---ed our country over like this needs to die...When I get out all those I've mentioned will be dealt with. Let them know I will be coming.”

www.stltoday.com...

I posted on page 1, but apparently people don't read threads anymore.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
You're right, I completely misread the topic.
(I've been up for way too long, bit of an insomniac stretch.)

So he was more direct in his threat. He definitely needs counseling then. Still not sure if I agree with an extended sentence.

[edit on 19-8-2010 by SyphonX]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join