It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

30 Months in Prison for Saying "The President Should Be Shot"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   

McCallum was already incarcerated at the Northeast Correctional Center in Bowling Green in August 2009 when he mailed a threatening letter to the White House that read in part, "The president needs to be shot."

rawstory.com...

Now excuse me, but how does that constitute a death threat? Is this world going mad?

:shk:

Why bother speaking anymore? They need to just sew baby's mouths shut at birth, then perhaps total control will be achieved.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
What we dont know is what the rest of the letter read .But pretty stupid sending a letter like this ,i guess thats why he is where he is.Someone send this guy some pencils and a coloring book.

[edit on 18-8-2010 by 12voltz]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

yup its one thing to say something like this but its an entirely different animal when you acutally mail it to the white house.

MORON~

people just need to keep to talking smack on the internet and websites
worst possible outcome is censorship or a ban....

not a 2.5 year stent in jail.

[edit on 18-8-2010 by neo96]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
what sort of idiot would actually mail the letter to the wh?

it's a bit like hitting a hitting a tiger with a spade and then being suprised that it bit you!

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
haven't found the original letter, but seems he said more then what he is quoted as saying in the article in the op.

telling the Commander-In-Chief that he was going to be shot and that, "if I was out there I would do it myself or at least try to."

crimesceneinvestigations.blogspot.com...

www.upi.com...

[edit on 18-8-2010 by jam321]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Thanks for the rest of the letter - I thought there might be a little more to it. I suppose this would be considered a direct threat - probably just an idiot feeding his ego.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

I think we should have to get permission from the State before we are allowed to procreate.

This way the State can assure that the parents are good statist democrats and republicans before allowing a child to be reared.

Or alternatively, we could just have all children confiscated from the parents at birth to be raised in publik indoctrination centers run by statists that are paid by the government.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

Now excuse me, but how does that constitute a death threat? Is this world going mad?

Put that shoe on your foot. If someone sent a threatening letter to your house that said, in part, "you need to be shot", would you consider that to be a death threat? I would.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
" All Taliban, Muslim Extremists, Christian Extremists, Jew Extremists need to be shot. "

Now, would i go into jail for saying that?

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
He didn't get to where he is by passing a MENSA test. The guy ain't too smart.

The bad thing is there are probably even dumber people in jail with him.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 04:21 AM
link   
He should've gotten 10 - 25 years but got off great.

The thinking behind this is that once the idea that POTUS deserves to be shot will manifest and grow itself into the thinking that POTUS must be shot and gets the person to start actually contemplatng to in fact wether or not they should shhot POTUS and opens the door further into actually designing and putting into effect an actual plot to shoot POTUS.

This is The United States Secret Service being proactive and hopefully a 2 1/2 long stint behind bars is enough to deter dude from wanting to shoot POTUS but unfortunately for him he is forever on The United States Secret Service's Potential Secruity Threats list that USSS keeps and maintans. Every citizen of The USA is on a USSS list. If you advocate peace then they are not worried about you but if you call for POTUS to be shot make no mistake that you are blacklisted by USSS!

Some here have implied the very same thing and for those who did not beleive me when I mentioned it's a chargable and prosecutable offense do you beleive me now?

In the world of USSS, there is no such thing as second guessing, take every threat deadly serious (even in cases where no clear and present danger exists) and do not ever not ignore a threat becase the threat you ignore could kill POTUS. They need to protect him with life, limb and with the full resources of The United States Federal Government.

[edit on 19-8-2010 by TheImmaculateD1]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 04:51 AM
link   

No, just the people in it that send letters to the President telling him he needs to be shot. That's a dumb thing to do in general to anyone, but to a President it's enough to get you arrested fined and imprisoned.

Word to the wise Obama-angry ATS members: DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME.

Personally, as an American, it bothers me when anyone says our democratically elected President needs to be murdered. Besides, there are more constructive ways to express your displeasure with Obamas' presidency than sending him death threats.

Call me somewhat of a patriot.

Why bother speaking anymore? They need to just sew baby's mouths shut at birth, then perhaps total control will be achieved.

I think you're being dramatic. Speak all you want, but as anyone with commonsense will tell you, always choose your words wisely and be responsible for what you say.

US Code: Title 18,871 - Threats against the President and Successors to the Presidency:

(a) Whoever knowingly and willfully deposits for conveyance in
the mail or for a delivery from any post office or by any letter
carrier any letter, paper, writing, print, missive, or document
containing any threat to take the life of, to kidnap, or to inflict
bodily harm upon the President of the United States, the President-
elect, the Vice President or other officer next in the order of
succession to the office of President of the United States, or the
Vice President-elect, or knowingly and willfully otherwise makes
any such threat against the President, President-elect, Vice
President or other officer next in the order of succession to the
office of President, or Vice President-elect, shall be fined under
this title or imprisoned not more than five years, or both.

-----

It's all right there.

Before anyone starts turning this into an example of Obamas' commu-fascho-marxist-Nazi control, let's go back to 2007 where this statute was used to prosecute a man for threatening George Bush.

He eventually got 15 YEARS which is a lot worse than a little over 2:

Man Faces 35 Years for Threatening George Bush

On Friday, a federal jury convicted Scott Lewis Rendelman, 52, formerly of Rockville, of six counts of mailing threatening letters, announced U.S. Attorney for the District of Maryland Rod J. Rosenstein.

The named victims of Rendelman’s letters include the President of the United States, as well as certain individuals who participated in Rendelman’s 2005 trial in Montgomery Court Circuit Court for Extortion by Written Threat, such as the presiding Circuit Court judge, the state prosecutor and a witness. Rendelman mailed the letters from various facilities in Maryland, while detained on the state charges.
Baynet.com

The Bush administrations "Patriot Act" helped make these sort of arrests much more easy to pull off under the definitions of "terroristic threats".

Just a little perspective.

This guy got off easy.

- Lee

[edit on 19-8-2010 by lee anoma]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 05:08 AM
link   
So what. They put him on a watch list, and see what he does for a while. I thought we were paying taxes for that. Saying something in a letter and actually plotting to do it are two different things. People talk a lot more crap than they actually DO. And I'll bet you do too. All of you.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   

People talk a lot more crap than they actually DO. And I'll bet you do too. All of you.

That really isn't the point, I'm afraid.

Especially when it comes to threat assessment, and the life of the President of the United States. The Secret Service is there to make sure we don't potentially have a lot more Oswalds putting down presidents, or Hinckleys' trying to do so.

Threatening to kill the President is a big deal.
It's not like talking trash while playing a video-game.

- Lee

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by lee anoma
The Secret Service is there to make sure we don't potentially have a lot more Oswalds putting down presidents, or Hinckleys' trying to do so.

And the CIA and a few other 3 letter agencies are there to make sure things appear publicly exactly how they want them to appear. Unfortunately, they are only fooling those who would be fooled. And I don't mean you.

Wars and a lot of people dying is serious business. More serious than the life of any one man, philosophically speaking. But politicians don't speak that language. They would have you believe that it is OK, all this killing. That their status as politicians somehow exonerates them from the insane amounts of pain, grief, destruction and death they wield so inhumanely.

The pinnacle of this for me had to be when I sat there and watched Bush laugh at the "nope, no WMD's over here, and nope, no WMD's over there," at that luncheon. With all that death going on out there as a DIRECT consequence of those phantom WMD's? I mean, come on.

When our own President disconnects that far from humanity, I don't see how you can blame much of anyone for going ballistic. But just sending you a letter? Someone who was really going to do it wouldn't send a letter.

[edit on Thu Aug 19th 2010 by TrueAmerican]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I cant believe this sub-human inmate, already convicted by THE STATE, is even afforded the privilege of using a writing implement. on top of that he uses said implement to voice his opinion as a sub-human inmate. something is wrong here. obviously we need some type of other prison for these "people".i propose one with gas chambers, and large ovens for the disposal of stated sub-human inmates.
how can you disagree with THE STATE, after previously being convicted by THE STATE. you are STATE property

we should probably waterboard this guy, he seems to know something we dont.

HAIL THE STATE

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
haven't found the original letter, but seems he said more then what he is quoted as saying in the article in the op.

telling the Commander-In-Chief that he was going to be shot and that, "if I was out there I would do it myself or at least try to."

crimesceneinvestigations.blogspot.com...

www.upi.com...

[edit on 18-8-2010 by jam321]

Yeah the idiot deserves what he got when he was put in jail. I can't believe anyone would actually support this piece of trash.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   

McCallum was already incarcerated at the Northeast Correctional Center in Bowling Green in August 2009 when he mailed a threatening letter to the White House that read in part, "The president needs to be shot."

I'd say the Secret Service lost their sense of humour somewheres around November, 1963.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Procession101

Yeah the idiot deserves what he got when he was put in jail. I can't believe anyone would actually support this piece of trash.

Hatred of Obama is blinding.

Even to the point of siding with lunatics that threaten to murder people.

- Lee

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   

rawstory.com...

And now for the rest of what he wrote

"“The president needs to be shot for f---ing our country around like he has. If I was out there I would do it myself or at least try to. Anyone who has f---ed our country over like this needs to die...When I get out all those I've mentioned will be dealt with. Let them know I will be coming.”

www.stltoday.com...

Uhhhh...YES, THAT DOES CONSTITUTE A DEATH THREAT.

At the least he should be convicted of being a moron.

Thread over.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join