It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS thinktank- working on solutions instead of theories

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Should ATS have its very own thinktank?

There are some very bright people on ATS, dare i say it, maybe even a genius or two.
The members on ATS come from all walks of life and almost every field of expertise is represented.
I think that if we all combine our efforts in solving one big problem at a time, we could get somewhere. We could go from just sitting behind our screens theorising to just sitting behind our screens doing creative problem solving and actually make a difference.
I think ATS is the only website that could achieve that because of it's member base.

The ATS staff would probably do a better job at setting up guidelines and coming up with a way to get this to work and how to implement it into the site, but i would like to offer my view on how to realise this.
This is ofcourse just a example.

Example ats thinktank forum

A forum where only mods can post topics that need a solution (topics picked by doing a poll?). No flagging threads, only stars so members can acknowledge good ideas posted. After a set amount of time, the ideas with the most stars get listed together and we will work out one final solution by combining the best ideas.

So what do you think ATS, would this be a good addition to the boards?

[edit on 18/8/10 by locster]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
That is a very good idea. I would love watching a thread like that unfold .S&F for you good sir.or sis .peace

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   

This is ofcourse just a example.

Example ats thinktank forum

A forum where only mods can post topics that need a solution (topics picked by doing a poll?). No flagging threads, only stars so members can acknowledge good ideas posted. After a set amount of time, the ideas with the most stars get listed together and we will work out one final solution by combining the best ideas.

So what do you think ATS, would this be a good addition to the boards?

This sounds a lot like the government. A bunch of experts deciding what's best, even though we have a poll to vote for the "issues"/"candidates"

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by BenIndaSun

I don't think our ideas would be forced on anybody if this think tank were to become Reality.

I do think this is a great idea as creativity is worth nothing if not expressed concretely. Our theories would be "of the people" and would just be offered to the population as possibilities.

I'm glad someone put this into words, great thread! Flaggd

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by BenIndaSun

Well it's just a example. I thought that if anyone could post a topic, we would have a big list in no time and some topics would get burried quickly. That defeats the whole idea. It needs to be streamlined and focused, one problem / topic at a time.

I am open to suggestions though, the hardest part of making this work is how to decide wich topics are chosen.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by prepared4truth

I don't think our ideas would be forced on anybody if this think tank were to become Reality.

That is true, we can't force anything on anyone, but ATS gets picked up by the media more and more.
If only one solution makes it out there it was worth the effort.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by locster

I read a thread awhile ago, let me see if I can find it....yes here it is.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Hell of a good idea there. This would be an excellent forum.

Maybe as a rule, it could be just a description of a problem and then a discussion on how to solve it.

[edit on 18-8-2010 by saltheart foamfollower]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by locster

I 2nd that..

Probably the best idea I've read in my short tenure at ATS.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Maybe just some sort of revamping and promotion of the already-existing Research Forum would fit with your suggestion?

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
apologies for the double post, my browser hung while posting.

[edit on 8/18/2010 by americandingbat]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by americandingbat

I'd argue that the Research Forum concentrates on defining a problem and not solving a problem..

[edit - sp]

[edit on 18-8-2010 by misinformational]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by locster

There are some very bright people on ATS, dare i say it, maybe even a genius or two.

The trouble is about a thousand ATS members think you are referring to them .

=============================================

But in all seriousness ....

Originally posted by locster

I think this is a fabulous kernel of an idea .

But just like any sub forum .....how members will engage in the discussion is crucial . How broad or narrow its focus , quality over quantity ?

As most subjects comprise of many sub units/ concepts etc .... perhaps different members could be assigned different components to oversee , with the various elements coming together in the master thread.

Just the bare bones of an idea ......

I will be keeping an eye on this subject locster.

[edit on 18-8-2010 by UmbraSumus]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I also think this is a great idea. In fact, I just finished a thread asking for help from ATS members and ATS staff. Please read and consider. Overall, the think tank idea is a good one. I will support it as long as were not going to bury evidence or findings.

Thanks for the think tank idea. Now read this and please help if you can where ever you can. I have been up for six days and I must crash. This latest concern has had me so busy I haven't taken the time to sleep because of worry and concern. Please take a look.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I fully support it, would be interesting to watch it unfold and if given the chance, to even participate. In regards to topics, perhaps a thinktank thread could be created based on the most important issue of the month?

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Revamping Research is a great idea. Also, electronic brainstorming and polling/prioritizing software would be cool to have. Makes things like this a lot easier.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by UmbraSumus

I resemble that remark.

Am not going to say which one.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Great concept.

It would seperate the quick copy/pasters from the ones with real brains..

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by locster

Nice idea lol

ATS Would be the biggest think tank in the world

Alot of movies that have been made in the last few years have had ideas taken from this site by hollywood researchers for definite.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I think this is a great idea - but, speaking as a (kinda) long time member, well, I have to say it:

ATS already IS a think tank.

Think about it...

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Good idea... Its just getting something like this started.

I miss polls, and problem solving bring it on.

<<   2  3 >>

join