It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why USreal will likely use 'special munitions' on Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   

www.financialsensearchive.com

"The cost of a pure-fusion warhead is also reduced. In terms of the precious nuclear material that is required, namely, tritium and deuterium, pure-fusion devices are extremely cheap. Because the pure-fusion warhead does not need active nuclear material, such as plutonium, to �trigger� the deuterium-tritium burn, they can be made for a fraction of the cost of one fission-fusion neutron bomb of the 1980s.

The inherent consequences of a pure-fusion device go far beyond low cost and greatly reduced explosive yield. Most significant, pure-fusion warheads, in contrast to warheads that use f
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
We could well be 36 hrs from some sort of precedent-setting military action.... so I am 'paying it forward' in terms of calling this 'breaking news'... or I am simply premature- in which case please place this submission in the appropriate category

The title of the article from which this was excerpted is:

THE NUCLEAR THREAT THAT
DOESN'T EXIST - OR DOES IT?

My reason in posting this as 'breaking news' is simply that I think current world events have made this imminently and immediately relevant. The article itself was from a financial revue and went to press in 2003...

Fast forward to my present motivation. The more I read these executive briefings and wargame / scenario analyses re: USrael v. Iran, the more firmly I conclude that low-yield fusion devices will be used... Most all of these reports seem to indicate that the US cannot win against Iran without resorting to fairly wide use of nuclear weapons. Others models and excercises predict the loss of several US warships... seemingly either way (IMO)

(I am also unhappy to report my opinion as that the above facts bolster the probability of a terrorism pretext in the form of a domestic nuclear false-flag event in the US in the near term)

One type of device in this "special-munitions" category seems to be the neutron bomb, which does not destroy via blast wave or thermal pulse but by an engineered high yield of neutron radiation.... advantage: prompt casualties with little effect on physical infrastructure, (and comparatively minimal residual radiation). This bomb has been around since 1979 and some version of it may have been used to take Bagdad airport by inducing mass death of defenders without cratering the entire area. Apparently, they (US) did have to "remove and replace the topsoil" there for some coincidental reason after taking possession. and there were a few eyewitness reports of the type of physical effects observed on the bodies of dead Iraqi Republican Guard inconsistent with the effects of almost any other weapon.

Apparently there are other weapons correctly placed in the category of "nuclear weapons" but of a variety that escape the strict legal definition of such for the purposes of Non-Nuclear Proliferation Treaty N-NPT.

So while I do not expect the horrendous scorched-earth effect that Hiroshima-type weapons produce... or as terrible, the radioactive residual effect of chronically wide use of Depleted Uranium armor-piercing & pyrophoric (impact incendiary) large-caliber slugs that our military has been raining upon two middle-eastern countries for the better part a decade- I do expect that the 'nuclear' threshold will be obviously and undeniably breached in this coming conflict.

If you read the article at the following link, you will see that the author makes the case that these cleaner 'fusion' weapons are not only smaller and more selective in effect and scope, they require less technical expertise and expense to acquire or build.

Therefore it is also probable that Iran, being a client state to Russia and a trading partner to China et al, probably already has similar weapons in quantity?

I think we have the dubious opportunity of watching killing on a scale heretofore un-experienced in international conflict.

comments?

other current reportage: "US cannot win without nuclear weapons":

US cannot win in Iran without resort to nuclear weps

[edit on 18-8-2010 by AntiShyster]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by AntiShyster

I think we have the dubious opportunity of watching killing on a scale heretofore un-experienced in international conflict.

comments?

The only comment I can give you is the following comment for all warmongers here on ATS who are longing & wishing for war, killing, death and destruction - 'they should be ashamed of themselves!'

And I'll pray that war never comes to your neighbourhoods and to your streets where children are playing, and that bombs never will fall on your cities where you live.

Just imagine the level of stress Iranian citizens now are going through with the knowledge that they can be bombed with atom-bombs tomorrow or next week!

Just imagine the stress & horrible dispair a young person from Iran could be feeling right now from reading this from the Internet!

It's just so damn sad! - that's my second comment!

[edit on 18-8-2010 by Chevalerous]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
You would have to be really stupid to imagine that the US or Israel is going to do anything but whine about the Iranian nuclear program.

It's a done deal, everyone is just going to have to get used to the fact that Iran will soon have a nuclear capability.

The Iranian facilities are too deeply entrenched, too numerous, and too heavily defended for any potential attacker to stand even the remotest chance of success. All you would do is REALLY annoy the Iranians and give them ample justification for reprisals.

Seriously, people need to get over the "Israel is Going to ATTACK !!!" style of wet dream.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Quoted from Chevalrous:

"The only comment I can give you is one comment to all warmongers here on ATS who are really longing for war, killing, death and destruction - to be really ashamed of yourselves!

And I will pray that war never comes to your neighbourhood and your streets where children are playing - and that atom-bombs never will fall on your city where you live."

I must regrettably respond that I am a firm believer in Karma. (ie: What goes around, comes around)

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
i didn't even get passed this.

just my opinion, but i avoid the name calling, sarcastic or not, i get tired of it.
it's about the equivalent of, 'my daddy can beat up your daddy'.

so, was there anything worth reading in the op?
i'll leave it up to my fellow posters.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
USReal is not the title of the "news."

This is a site called Financial Sense Services and a 2003 piece by retired analysts that talks about the pope and nuclear history?

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
If a military strike were to occur special munitions would probably be needed to penetrate deep underground to the enrichment facilities and then detonate.

So yes, conventional weapons would probably not be as effective.

But guess what.... The Iranian people, you, me, everyone on ATS and the whole world hasnothing to worry about. An attack has been taken off the table now, despite what others are saying.

Iran is moments away from having a nuclear power capability. The ability to produce electricity, not bombs.

The US knows this, Israel knows this, and while a full-scale war on Iran may have once been in the cards it is rapidly becoming an idea of the past. Iran stood strong in the face of these war loving anal cavities and have pulled through.

There will definitely not be any attack in the next 48 hours nor will the ever be an attack. Not anymore.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
You are right, in 36 hours or their Saturday, the Russians will be fueling the reactor and once that is done they reactor can't be attacked because one it's against treaties that all have signed that have nuclear reactors and weapons and two, it would make Chernobyl look like 3 mile island in scope and damage. An attack on a live reactor or reactor with fuel would release radiation and send it far and wide making vast areas of Iran and even parts of Europe and Eastern Europe uninhabitable essentially forever. So if an attack does happen, it will happen tomorrow or not at all. There is another option though that would take casualties but do the job. If they decide to sneek a force into the reactor to demolish it and/or spot it in order to make sure that the fuel isn't there. Then they can bring bombers in to destroy the reactor. But if they where going to do that it would have been done months ago, why wait this long when you know they are calling your bluff.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
If the US were to strike Iran it would not use nukes. Period. They have no need. Trust me I know a thing or two about the military and this part of the world.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
pure-fusion warheads????

The only one that i have even heard that MIGHT be possible is a Enhanced Rods from God.
en.wikipedia.org...

The "enhanced" Rods from God would have a capsule containing a deuterium-tritium mixture in the back half of the Rod.
The heat and pressure of the rod hitting the earth with impact speeds of Mach 10+ could be high enough to cause a pure-fusion yield of the deuterium-tritium mixture.

So far this is only theory as no one has tested a Rod from God or a "enhanced" Rod from God

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Couldn't POTUS just give the code, and have some buttons pushed, then go on "Meet The Press" on Sunday, and say, "Thats not exactly what I meant to do, the Military just misunderstood my meaning"......

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Ladieees and Gentlemen, et al:

I perceive the thrust of the main point of the OP is misunderstood. I will take responsibility for this and attempt to clarify the authority of the linked article in terms of who its author is and why you might give him credence and credibility.

Personally I find this topic of unconventional 'nuke' technology quite fascinating... there are constructive uses for it but that is another subject

One respondent had attempted to disparage this source because the ''news'' was from a financial publisher and is 7 yrs old. (I don't think he actually got past that point in his study of it?) The fact that this was 'state of the art' several years ago may actually help us understand the import of the issue for today as the technologies described therein are economical and therefore have probably advanced AND proliferated. This makes it salient to today's situation... for both sides.

The article referenced below (and linked in my original post) was co-authored by the man who is known as the 'father of the neutron bomb'. Sam Cohen

Thank you all for your input...

Please continue

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Nomad451

How can you be so sure that simply because Busheyr becomes fueled that the other 50 Iranian targets that the Israelis and thier US Neocon partners lust after are now untouchable? Of course it is reckless to bomb the Busheyr plant but I dont think this will be the game-changer some think it is..

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by AntiShyster

I don't think it will make everything else untouchable, but If Israel or US don't initiate their attack on Iran before Bushehr goes online they never will. Ever. IMHO...

It doesn't do too great for Israel's image and message to allow this plant to come online. It's a major defeat for their campaign and propaganda against Iran. I do sincerely believe it is now or never... and it is quickly becoming never.

They simply would have bombed them by now. What are they waiting for? Everyone KNOWS Iran are never going to budge on their uranium enrichment, no matter what diplomatic approach is given or what aggressive sanctions are dished out, Iran will never cease enriching their own uranium, quite rightly.

So it is now or never IMO for Israel to get the whole thing over with. It's T minus 36 hours and no indication that Israel are going to attack.

I've just got a really strong feeling that after August 21, behind closed doors, a military attack on Iran will forever be taken off the table.... Unless they go ahead and test a nuke but they won't because they aren't trying make nuclear weapons

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
This is a fascinating article! I have always thought that the weapons systems we know about are far less capable than the weapons that are still hidden. I would not be surprised at all if the US (and other countries as well) had large arsenals of laser, rail gun and other types of new, exotic weapons.

As for the Bushehr reactor, the reactor vessel itself doesn't need to be destroyed to be rendered inoperable. I'm sure there are lots of support facilities that are required to keep it running. It requires outside electrical power for cooling pumps and all kinds of controls. Long after the reactor has fuel in it Israel could still attack the power, control, and cooling systems. They could also destroy the living quarters for the plant operators and workers and force the Iranians to shut down the plant. This could be done anytime after the fuel is loaded and all of the Russians have gone home.

So I would be surprised if Israel attacked this reactor before the fuel is installed. But I still think it will be attacked sometime in the future.

new topics

top topics

join