It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. ends combat operations in Iraq

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 02:51 AM
link   
all i see are smoke and mirrors.

distractions courtesy of the media machine.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 03:33 AM
link   
As this is my first post let me first say a big Hello. I have been reading you for a couple of years but it is only now that I finally signed up and start collaborating.

By total chance, yesterday I run into this Linkedin job offer... a snippet below:

"Be able to wear body armor and a Kevlar helmet and chemical warfare gear. Capable and willing to travel throughout the country of Iraq and able to live and work, at times, in austere or potentially hostile environment. "

So it actually looks to me that they are sending more people to Irak and it rather looks that conditions are not all that "peacefull".

Linkedin job offer

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Did they found the WMD already ?
Hey, will Iraq get 2.5Billion worth of jet like Israel or maybe food ?
My friend life gone there, will I get him back too ? Which truck ?
Did he get the General salute ?
I wanna puke at all this stage play, playing people life like toys, and then clap their hands for "job well done".
Its all bunch of lies.

and lookie lookie who is here... its SERCO! No wonder we pull out.

[edit on 19-8-2010 by RainCloud]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Like a game of chess, I am willing to wager ats points ( cause I am broke as a joke) that the troops get a short rest before another conquest, this time Iran. It would be hard to have a surge in Iran unless you moved some pieces around. well looks like the moves are being made, bombing is out of the question as of saturday due to nuclear material. that leaves only the ground game. ready for another war?

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Control of the national power grid, telephone infastructure, internet infastructure, plumbing infastructure, all money held in retainership by The United States shall be returned to them by either the end of this year or real early next.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
I'm so happy I can kiss my computer screen. President Obama has just won himself new support for this!!!

He had nothing to do with it.. this was the plan the military had in place for several years now.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Wait, WHAT?!

How are american troops allowed to enter kuwait?

This is ridiculous.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sliadon

Amen. It is about time our heroes come home. God bless all of them for the hard work they have done. Regardless of if you supported the war there or not, you can't say it is not a good feeling knowing your friends, family, and other loved ones are heading home! Living near a military base this is like Christmas in August because it means friends are coming back home from their countless tours since the inception of this war.

-Sliadon

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Heroes? Give me a break

More like terrorists.

Would you call it heroic to inflict terror and death half way around the world from your country? You just make me sad...

[edit on 8/19/2010 by above]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 05:18 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Sliadon the only thing i can say about your troops is that they are ignorant and uneducated. If you don't see the real reason behind the "liberations" of USA then you are stupid as well. You have been lied by your govt so many times and you still believe that same crap. There is nothing heroic invading a country to "save" them from a dictator YOUR country trained and helped, only to roleplay in front of the eyes of the world that he got caught and killed. USA wants OIL. USA funded the nazis during WW2 selling them weapons. THIS is your country so instead of getting angry with me, better take a look at your country and realise you are in deep #.
I say it again, these troops are anything BUT heroes. They entered the lives of another country making it a living hell when NOONE called them there. YOU invaded them. how would you like if i stationed army in your country because i believe things dont go as they should? if i was killing your mother and sister and joke about it from my scope? would i be a hero... but i forgot, you are the people who actually believe that people from caves can do manoeuvres with a boeing that almost 50% of commercial pilots cant. it can't be helped can it?

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Major Discrepancy
The Major rests his case. If a recruit is unable to properly repeat the liberal mantra of "Fox News is an instrument of the right" then the need for further discussion is unwarranted.

Deny ignorance? Not at the moment.

Dismissed.

*Nods head in agreement.*

Fox news is so obviously on the right that I believe this recruit may fare better with much more read'em, and much less talk'em. SIR.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Sounds to good to be true and it is ! Don't count your chickenS until they come home until then it has not happened . You are being duped .

Obama is not living upto his promise of bringing the troops home .That was to happen the day he took office so that promise was broken . What is happening now is a double edge and this is how it is going to work .

Obama's support at home is droping and this will rally support as the elections near . This will get many back on board falsely .I say falsely because people will see this as he is living upto his promise but that promise expired by his second day of office . The two fold is this he gains support of the sheeple and then he will reneg at the last minute due to unforscene circumstances , that being a Israeli strike on Iran .Because of this false gesture of the troops comming home he appears innocent of the unforscene circumstances . He will then give support to Israel on a new war front as the public will be fed the Israel right to defense/victim card yet again .

Take a good look at a map of the Middle East and observe where Kuwait is then have a look where the Bushehr Nuclear plant is in Iran . They are parralel to each other exactly on a horizontal line .This is not a coincidence .Put this together with the Israeli airforce clearance through Saudi Arabia , their airforce have a prescence there and Georgia , Russia installing the S300's in Georgia and the fact that Russia is firing up the Nuclear plant in Iran this weekend . That equals a hell of alot of manuvering and coincidences don't you think ? This does not look good .
It would be good for the troops and their families if I am wrong , but I think they need to brace themselves .I think they will let the Nuclear fascilities fireup first before they strike for maximum damage and casualties from the fallout .

Just saying don't get your hopes up or count your chickens before they come home . I find it strange that the white house have made press releases yet Obama hasn't shown his face yet , he should be revelling in it ! But no ! No other world leaders of allied forces have even acknowledged this historical moment or mentioned anything about their troops comming home either . I smell a rat .

[edit on 19-8-2010 by 13th Zodiac]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I have read many comments on this situation and it seems many are unhappy or ungratefull that atleast some of the troops are going to get to see thier families. Yes it will be hard for the next few years and I am sure military intelligence will be staying for the duration. But what many are intentionally on unintentionally overlooking is. Obama said he would end it and he did. So he basically kept his word and many still behind the scenes are grinding their teeth, but if he wouldnt of ended it any time soon then there would be all the WHY DIDNT OBAMA BRING THE TROOPS HOME. Flat out some people will never be satisfied and this is sad damnd if he do damnd if he dont.

So for Obama @tleast keeping it real with the military families and keeping his word. I got to give him his props. I am sure many of the confused family members of the individuals are happy to see their loved 1s return, even if its for a short term. I dont think America should take a blind eye in IRAQ because the US is responsible for much of the uncomfort in that region. But the Us should allow the Iraq people the oppurtunity to controll their land and just assist them as much as they can with support along the way....

[edit on 8/19/10 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
dont get too excited everyone, you all seem to have forgot about afghanistan....thats where all the troops are going, thats where my friends just got re-deployed to.

and im sure iran or NK is next unfortunately, there's always someone next.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
I'm so happy I can kiss my computer screen. President Obama has just won himself new support for this!!!

WOW, Uhm no....

Before you support the puppet, remember.

1 add-a-boy does nothing against 20-you're-f'n-up's

Obama is still a lying JOKE of a president, the joke being that he even ever became president.

RON PAUL 2012

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Sliadon

Big Deal, there's still 50,000 troups taken up residency.
And their still going to be rotated in and out for a long time yet.

And in case your wondering, that's 1 Umerican Soldier for 600 Iraqi
Man, Woman, Child, Dog, Cat....

That would be like having 14,000 troups walking around New York City.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by star in a jar
Interesting though, since the defamation of Iran is heating up.

Here we go AGAIN.

YAWN
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by on3Way

Couldnt agree with anyone more. Staying in Iraq of Afghan is no different then the bases we have in Germany, or Italy. Im glad to see that we are giving out flront line fighters the much deserved time off, and let the non-combat roles get in there and help out.

Im not sure why everyone says the "War" is over. We werent at "war" with Iraq, we are at "war" with terrorism, and im sorry to say, is not centered in Iraq anymore.

How anyone can think that its a BAD thing that we are helping a country defend itself is beyond me. If Saddam ran America, and killed the entire family of those who didnt support with him every breath they had, we'd be screaming to some help.. I know I would.

So, shall we help the North Koreans ? or the Zimbabweans ? lots of others actually. We can bomb they country to smithereens and then later build some bases and call it "peaceful". I like that idea.

You cant trust peace when its not in your hand. The Iraqi will kill all the left over army there, and the bodyguard company staff too.

Because its not their peace, its our version.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
160,000 troops along with 56,000 contractors and 50,000 workers all leaving after 7 1/2 years is good news and cause for celebration.

SOURCE

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
In February we had 60K-65K troops in Iraq. Last I heard, August 2 news, 50K plus the PMCs are staying until 2011.

So "combat operations" operations leaving appears to have been from 10K-15K troops?

There is a very good possibility there are as many PMCs as troops. It's hard to track that REAL number down. I will try again and return if I have success.

And let's not forget this. Obama: 'Civilian expeditionary force' can aid wearied troops

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join