It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
This book is not intended to be “the” definitive statement on the
very large topic of resources in the workplace. Rather, its aim is to begin
the discussion of how class-related factors and hidden rules impact –
often in surprising and significant ways – the working environment in
Could you survive in an unskilled-labor job?
(usually is minimum wage or slightly higher)
1. I know how to physically fight and can hold my own in a fight.
2. I know where the best local bars are.
3. I will quit on the spot if the boss makes me mad.
4. I can go without work for periods of time and survive.
5. I know how to file for unemployment.
6. A phrase I use is: “I was looking for a job when I found this one.”
7. I often must take personal phone calls during work time.
8. At work I openly discuss my sex life and the fights I have with
9. If I’m interested sexually in someone at work, I make comments
and openly pursue the person.
10. I know how to ask for an advance on my paycheck.
11. I will openly discuss the disagreements I have with my boss or
the flaws I see in my boss.
12. I often use casual speech (register) at work.
This material is being distributed in public schools