It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Walgreens announces flu shot gift card; give the "gift" of a vaccine (opinion)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
NaturalNews Summer isn't even over yet and the big push for the mass vaccination of the entire population is already under way. The CDC started the push by recently urging vaccine shots for everyone -- including infants, pregnant women and immune-compromised people. Adding to the vaccination hoopla, Walgreens has announced something quite bizarre: A flu shot gift card

www.naturalnews.com...

Here we go again with the flu shots; a soft kill weapon
Here is a good interview of Dr blaylock Neurosurgeon frrom August 3, 2010

[edit on 18-8-2010 by Krzyzmo]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Because nothing says "I love you" quite like the gift of vaccination!

Really walgreens? Seriously???

I'm gonna go ahead and say this one can be filed next to giving your wife a vacuum cleaner for her birthday...

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
This year, the seasonal and H1N1 will be combined into one vaccine. Great, a soft kill that can multi-task.

from the CDC:

Everyone 6 months and older should get a flu vaccine as soon as vaccine is available this fall. While flu is unpredictable, it’s likely that 2009 H1N1 viruses and regular seasonal viruses will cause illness in the U.S. this flu season. The 2010-2011 flu vaccine will protect against three different flu viruses: an H3N2 virus, an influenza B virus and the H1N1 virus that caused so much illness last season

www.cdc.gov...

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
First, prepare for a bit of flamage for using natural news as a source. I had to learn too.
Maybe cross reference for some additional support sources.

This does sound plausible though, imo. Some crafty marketing for sure. We know the vaccines will continue, for better or worse is up to you, but this makes the effort more effective/widespread and profitable for both manufacturer and distributor. Sign of the times.....

spec

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Oh yay, antivax'ers.

Yes, a store offering flu shots is odd in itself, but all of this nonsense about how evil vaccines are just nonsense.

Advertisements selling the 'Blaylock Wellness Report' at newsmax.com contain claims of additional health dangers, including fluoridated drinking water, fluoridated toothpaste, vaccines, dental amalgam, cholesterol drugs, pesticides, and aluminum cookware.

That will pretty much tell you what kind of person you're dealing with here. Ever wonder why these people have such stupid beliefs?

I wonder what response I will get. Andrew Wakefield? Mercury? Squalene maybe? Don't disappoint

Edit: I just noticed the naturalnews.com link....good god

[edit on 18-8-2010 by Whyhi]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
flu vaccines never have worked and prob never will and the 2009 H1N1 virus was a set up deal from the get go but just to let u know not all vaccines are bad and theres some u should get . Hooping cough and shingles actually work as far as I can learn anyway at least im leaning towards getting both . Just kinda wana ask the people who have really researched this think? Are they safe?

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Because nothing says "I love you" quite like the gift of vaccination!

I just picture me giving death shots like a gift... I have some people on my list to start first...

nothing says "I love you" quite like the gift of mercury poisoning !

Merry brain damages and happy cancer Dad !

Cant wait to see comments on that post, promise to be funny ! Not the subject which IS serious thanks to OP bringing this to attention.

[edit on 18/8/2010 by B3lz3buth]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemooone2

flu vaccines never have worked and prob never will

They work and continue to work.

Are they safe?

I think it's more likely that you'll get hit by a car that crashes into the hospital than getting hurt by the vaccine

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Whether you take the flu vaccine or not is totally a personal choice. Keeping folks educated on this years vaccine is what the goal is here.
Knowing the side effects of what you are having injected in your body is vital.

[edit on 18-8-2010 by Krzyzmo]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by B3lz3buth

mercury poisoning!

Ethylmercury...

Merry brain damages and happy cancer Dad!

I've heard the old autism responses, but cancer...? Really?

What's your stance on the fact that valid studies have found no connection between autism and vaccines?

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I saw a post here that had the slip that comes with the newer flu shot that has the h1n1 variant protection.

It states that-

Will not protect everyone
Has the mercury in it
Can cause NUMEROUS ailments
etc

Also, I have seen the walgreens advertisement. I wanted to ask the pharmacist if I can sue if it causes extreme problems, but I chickened out. Maybe tomorrow, my mother needs me to pick up some prescriptions for her.

Maybe I will record the conversation.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

Not sure what you mean by that, I'll assume you're referring to herd immunity, which obviously doesn't work too well if there is a severe lack of people getting vaccinated.

Has the mercury in it

Again, ethylmercury.

"Can" being the key word. The chances of anything mild / serious are extremely low. You might get flu-like symptoms for a bit, if that, maybe a sore arm.

sue if it causes extreme problems

Don't think so, I think they have immunity from any lawsuits.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I enjoyed your video, although it had nothing to do with vaccines...jk

So that leaves me wondering how can I completely avoid Fluoride? I use non-F toothpaste, and drink non-F bottled water. Any other non-F tips?

As far as vaccines are concerned (and lithium and fluoride), people should have the choice of ingesting/injecting them, but NOT be forced by the government and "experts".

And as an "insider", in a sense, statins WILL be in the water, it's just a matter of when.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by BenIndaSun

I'd like you hear what you have against fluoride.

But regarding your question, I'd imagine some water filters that you can put on your tap will filter it.

non-F bottled water

Food for thought - municipal water supplies are regulated more than bottled water industries are, which, more often that not, get water from the municipal water supply in the first place. You're basically paying twice for less regulated water and a plastic bottle.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Originally posted by Whyhi

Not sure what you mean by that, I'll assume you're referring to herd immunity, which obviously doesn't work too well if there is a severe lack of people getting vaccinated.

Right in the slip, it states the vaccine is not guaranteed to protect, they give no percentage of protection. I know all about herd immunity, not referring to that. Talking about efficacy.

Has the mercury in it

Again, ethylmercury.

Never heard of ethylmercury, I have heard of thimeresol. I always wondered why someone would inject a poison into their system. Not to mention the random biological agents found in vaccines. Especially the viruses that are not identified.

"Can" being the key word. The chances of anything mild / serious are extremely low. You might get flu-like symptoms for a bit, if that, maybe a sore arm.

Yeah, Guillain Barre syndrome is a nice ailment. Also the other hazards of the vaccines.

sue if it causes extreme problems.

Don't think so, I think they have immunity from any lawsuits.

Actually KNOW for a fact they are immune since the h1n1 came out. That is why I wanted to ask the pharmacist. To see if they would admit it.

[edit on 18-8-2010 by saltheart foamfollower]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whyhi

I'd like you hear what you have against fluoride.

But regarding your question, I'd imagine some water filters that you can put on your tap will filter it.

non-F bottled water

Food for thought - municipal water supplies are regulated more than bottled water industries are, which, more often that not, get water from the municipal water supply in the first place. You're basically paying twice for less regulated water and a plastic bottle.

I contacted bottled water companies just to ask them to explain and tell me that there was NO fluoride in their water (yes I'm very strange).

My anti-F sentiment is partially scientific, and partially based on individual rights. Even IF fluoride completely prevented dental caries (which is obviously doesn't), even IF it had no side-effects (which I argue it does), there is NO way that fluoridating water could be rationalized as within the scope of a government. I believe in more of a "hands-off" government.

For the scientific part, halogens, group 17 elements, are highly reactive, even in elemental form. F2 is 2 F atoms, each with 7 valence electrons. When bonded, 1 valence electron from each F joins to make 1 bond. So there is one bond, and 12 unbound valence electrons in each F2. Valence electrons are highly reactive, especially with the proteins in your body. Proteins are held together by 5 forces, which can be altered by the presence of halogens. Altered proteins may affect your enzymes, connective tissue, and organs.

Also, UV light can transform F2 (elemental fluoride) into 2 F radicals. A F radical has 7 valence electrons and is highly reactive, it can bind with almost any other molecule in your body, including DNA.

Other than that, there is a litany of web sources, not sure how valid each is, but I'm convinced Fluoride is unhealthy when ingested for a lifetime:

www.eves-best.com...

fluoridedangers.blogspot.com...

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

www.wholywater.com...

www.fluoridation.com...

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   

How effective is the flu shot?

In studies of the seasonal flu shot, when the "match" between vaccine viruses and circulating viruses is close, the vaccine has been shown to prevent influenza in about 70%-90% of healthy persons younger than age 65 years. Among elderly persons living outside chronic-care facilities (such as nursing homes) and those persons with long-term (chronic) medical conditions (such as asthma, diabetes, or heart disease), the flu shot has been shown to be between 30% and 70% effective in preventing hospitalization for pneumonia and influenza. Among elderly nursing home residents, the flu shot has been shown to be most effective in preventing severe illness, secondary complications, and deaths related to the flu. In this population, the shot has been shown to be between 50% and 60% effective in preventing hospitalization or pneumonia and 80% effective in preventing death from the flu.

Thimerosal breaks down into ethylmercury, among others. It's nowhere near a "poison" like the mercury contained in a thermometer for instance, also it isn't bioaccumulative, so it won't stay in your system.

Besides the fact that vaccines and vaccine manufacturing has obviously changed since 1976, GBS was only 500 reported cases that year.

The population in 1976 was 218,000,00. The percentage of the country vaccinated was, as I remember it, around 33%, but I found 24% on wikipedia, so we'll go with that one.

24% of 218,000,000 is 54,508,750

Out of those 54,508,750 vaccinated, 500 cases of GBS were reported in that year.

500 is 0.0009172839223060517% of 54,508,570

Kind of a small number, no? Again, that was nearly 35 years ago

But yeah, I'd imagine the pharmacist would admit that they have immunity.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   

24% of 218,000,000 is 54,508,750

Out of those 54,508,750 vaccinated, 500 cases of GBS were reported in that year.

500 is 0.0009172839223060517% of 54,508,570

Kind of a small number, no? Again, that was nearly 35 years ago

But yeah, I'd imagine the pharmacist would admit that they have immunity.

A pharmacist has no reason to withhold that information, the retail pharmacist doesn't get a commission on every shot. If they lie about it, they would be a criminal.

0.000917 % is small, I agree. But, I don't want to take that chance with my body, and I shouldn't be forced to.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Heh, I guess it depends on the company. The bottled water I seen in Canada here has the fluoride concentration right on the top of their labels of the bottle.

And just because Penn and Teller is awesome, a video about bottled water;

Even IF fluoride completely prevented dental caries (which is obviously doesn't)

Fluoride hardens tooth enamel, can inhibit oral bacteria's ability to create acids, promotes tooth remineralization, make a tooth more decay resistant, etc. This is far from doing nothing.

Benefits & Information

Saying it has no effect on teeth would even be against how it was discovered. Basically observing populations who had optimal amounts of naturally occurring fluoride in their water had better teeth than those who did not, while those who had very high concentrations had fluorosis.

even IF it had no side-effects (which I argue it does)

That can be blown way out of proportion, as anything can have 'side' effects. Fluoride being added in optimal amounts to the water supply will not cause any harm. Eating boxes of fluoride tablets will. Anything depends on dosage.

I believe in more of a "hands-off" government.

It's my understanding that dental industries push for the fluoridation of water. Regardless, that's not being against fluoride, per se, than it is being against how the government operates.

But anyways;

After ingestion of fluoride, such as drinking a glass of optimally fluoridated water, the majority of the fluoride is absorbed from the stomach and small intestine into the blood stream. This causes a short term increase in the fluoride levels in the blood. The fluoride levels increase quickly and reach a peak concentration within 20-60 minutes. The concentration declines rapidly, usually within three to six hours following the peak levels, due to the uptake of fluoride by hard tissue and efficient removal of fluoride by the kidneys. Approximately 50% of the fluoride absorbed each day by young or middle-aged adults becomes associated with hard tissues within 24 hours while virtually all of the remainder is excreted in the urine. Approximately 99% of the fluoride present in the body is associated with hard tissues.

Ingested or systemic fluoride becomes incorporated into forming tooth structures. Fluoride ingested regularly during the time when teeth are developing is deposited throughout the entire surface of the tooth and contributes to long lasting protection against dental decay.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Whyhi

Damn, where did you get your percentages. I would like to see the source. Not that I do not believe you, but the slip I looked through, gave all kinds of statistics that were almost impossible to understand. Unless of course you understood the medical terminology for efficacy, blah blah blah.

They make it almost impossible to understand unless you are a doctor.

Now, one thing I did notice was the fact that liability is totally up to us.

Have NEVER seen anything else that is given this immunity, except of course government.

There is something else, I just cannot think of it right now, I WILL BE BACK.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join