It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you ready for a world without antibiotics?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Jomina
There are many herbal things you can do to enhance your own immune system, which is the best drug around to fight these diseases.

It'd be a matter of training your body to fight things off on its own.

But, I mean, think about things this way... so many people are germophobes and constantly obsessing over "keeping themselves free of bugs" that their bodies have absolutely no means to fight them off if they do happen to get it into their system.

The immune system is just like a muscle, has to be used and trained to make it stronger, and without doing that, you're going to have a hard time when it comes time to fight off something big.

Exactly! I was going to say good thing I don't believe in taking antibiotics! When I get a sickness/infection/virus, I just let my body fight it! So now that they don't work, I have the best defence against it all. My own immune system.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius1

I would have a hard time deciding on tonsil removal for my child if I had to. His doc thinks he may have tonsil stones. We aren't even sure since he has never had any pain there but she spoke to us about it awhile back. I have heard the tonsils are the bodies first line of defense (a part of the immune system). I had mine out - no choice as I was 8 so am against forcing that on him if the day comes - if no major problems. If these are the first line of defense why do people get sick less without them? I don't even remember having a sore throat as a kid - until they took them out. It must have been standard practice then. Maybe it's because germs can get stuck there.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join