It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Svedka- The best Vodka of 2033

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Hey ATS. I really don't know who else to share this with other than my good friends on ATS.

I want to discuss this marketing campaign in general.

"Svedka: Voted the Best Vodka of 2033."
"Svedka: The choice of the Stem Cell Baby Boomer Generation in 2033."
"Make Your Next Trophy Wife 100% Titanium"

culturalstudies08.files.wordpress.com...
www.msmagazine.com...

You may also discuss related topics such as stem cell research, seed banks and or lady gaga videos, If you like.

One World Government in 2033 or no?

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
pretty cool,didnt know our russian buddies are so talented in design

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Non-story.

Lazy graphic design juxtaposing old (by media standards) images with a PRODUCT, desperate relevance seeking, tedious.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jokei

I want to focus more on there campign message rather than design. The design is a non-story.. Anybody with 3d software could have dreamed that up.

Here's more:

"18 Billion Scientologists can't be wrong." ?????
i291.photobucket.com...

"Gay men still prefer Svedka over sex with women"
justinspace.com...

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by 12.21.12

Ok - thanks for the reply, mine might (easily) be interpreted as rude on re-reading and I didn't mean it that way.

What are you seeing in the campaign, because I just see glib advertising.

Maybe I'm too jaded?

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by jokei

Well many conspiracy theorists, me included belileve that the NEW WORLD GOVERNMENT will not be implemented fully until the year 2033.

That aside, I find this advertising campaign somewhat obscene and even suggestive of a worldwide eugenics program.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   

So you think that they are letting the news out of an impending new world govt incrementally through the medium of vodka advertising???

lol lol lol

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by strangleholder1

No, but I am wondering where they are spending their money.

and lol lol lol back to you

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Why did they choose this ad campaign to promote their vodka?

Because people on conspiracy websites will advertise for them.

People who think it's weird will talk to their friends about it.

That's why. You just helped them sell more vodka. I haven't had any of this brand in some time, next time I'm in the mood it's what I'm buying.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by iamsupermanv2

Personally I have bought there vodka and I like it, but that was before they started advertising like this.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   

I don't think it should stop you from buying it. This is the new norm. Marking agencies know us "crazy conspiracy theorists" will talk about this. I'm sure it's not their only ad campaign. Just one arm of it.

But, if that's your prerogative that's your deal. Probably will save a bit of money

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by iamsupermanv2

I try to make most of my financial decisions based on where the money goes. But thats just me.

I mentioned Lady Gaga because she has similar marketing although I could care less what Lady Gaga thinks about anything.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Stillalive

Svedka sounds more like Swedish vodka then Russian to me.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by above

Nail on the head Above! It is Swedish Vodka. And it is pretty much the only vodka my husband buy these days.

As for the marketing campaign, they are just trying to be sexy and futuristic. Throw in a little controversial message and boom, you've got yourself viral marketing. I work in marketing and the rule of thumb is, if no one is commenting on your campaign, good or bad, then it's not working. I've actually seen controversy pushed in marketing because it does get "word of mouth" going. If it backfires, then they can always pull the ad and apologize.

join