It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rock star Nugent fined for baiting deer on TV show

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
The thing about hunting and fishing is that you play by the house rules where ever you are.
All outdoors men in North America are bound by those rules.

I too like ol Ted's tunes, but listening to him rant, he has the whacked hypocritical far right lean to 'im where he hasn't figured out that the finger points both ways...

Like being for law and order and justice while indiscriminately killing deer illegally, and supporting the slaughter of whole countries that had No WMDs and not only had nothing to do with the Taliban and Al CIAduh, but who were their sworn enemies too...while insulting the left for being anti slaughter...( to bad they might not be)

To bad he represents a large percentage of North Americans because people like him really do give the conservative movement a bad name
amongst people that actually do spend some time thinking about things.

[edit on 18-8-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I think the deer probably deserved it, Go! Ted kick that deer's ass. The road this man is on is a bitch tra la la la.........

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by rubbertramp

In response to your comment here-

did he kill the spike intentioally? no good hunter on the planet couldn't tell the difference.

Really, you can see spike at 300 yards and be able to tell if it was a doe or a spike?

Sorry, should have only replied to that component and broke off the rest to no one in particular.

My mistake. I was only saying that those on the liberal slant will run with anything to demonize any conservative they can.

Did not know about the joint thing, now I am starting to believe he is a false conservative. Actually met him north of chicago about 23 years ago.

Later, sorry for the misconception, was my fault.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

no problem, sometimes i push a bit to find out ones true meaning when i have a feeling they misspoke.
thanx for answering though.

and to answer your question, if i'm 300 yards away and not sure, i WOULD NOT take the shot.
seriously, if one is not positive, you stand down.
taking the shot and then finding out what it was is rude.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by rubbertramp

Actually, I have not shot at a buck since I was about 20. Yes, taking a buck is nice and all, I would rather eat a doe. Meat much more tender and not as gamey.

I hunt for the food, not the trophy. Later.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

i agree, been quite some time for me also.
actually, i've never killed a deer or elk with a rifle. bow hunting is more my style.

fire power is nice, but for me it has always been the challenge of the hunt, for the food, not to see how far i can kill from.

[edit on 18-8-2010 by rubbertramp]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
He was filming for his show. The wildlife was being uncooperative as they are wont to do, so he sped up the process. That's all. He probably saved money on production costs by still paying the fine. No conspiracy here.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
He was filming for his show. The wildlife was being uncooperative as they are wont to do, so he sped up the process. That's all. He probably saved money on production costs by still paying the fine. No conspiracy here.

and this all makes it ok?
maybe his next show can be titled, 'hunting with hand grenades'.
i'm sure he could afford to pay those fines also.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by rubbertramp

Originally posted by intrepid

and this all makes it ok?

I didn't say it made it OK, I just said it makes sense. Do your crime, pay your fine and tomorrow is another day.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

in that case, my apology for assuming different.
and yes, it most likely was just a 'shortcut' to kill a deer.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Wow - it amazes me how things like "baiting" turn into a democrat/republican thing.

Just curious - to all the "big man" hunters who would never do such and such...have you ever eaten beef from a supermarket or from a restaraunt? Have you ever put a worm on a fish hook or used a crappie fly or salmon egg or other type of fishing lure (bait)?

Hypocrite much?

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by tallcool1

actually, i don't use bait that is not legal. wish i could at times, but i don't.
unlike ted, i can't afford a fine.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by tallcool1
Wow - it amazes me how things like "baiting" turn into a democrat/republican thing.

I don't see it as such. What he did was a ways to a means. Finish up the TV show so that he could make the rock show later. Hopefully get some sleep after that(our rockers are getting old) and then deal with tomorrow, tomorrow.

Edit to add: Ted's an accomplished outdoors man. He knew what he was doing. He chose it for expediencies sake. And he paid the fine. Done and done.

[edit on 18-8-2010 by intrepid]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   

i understand you pov, but still don't think i agree. just because he was in a rush, and could afford the fines, i wonder if this is normal for him, yet the one time he got caught.
it's like shooting out the window of a pickup truck, it's illegal, but sure does make it easier.
same with 'spotting'.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   

i understand you pov, but still don't think i agree. just because he was in a rush, and could afford the fines, i wonder if this is normal for him, yet the one time he got caught.

I don't think he liked it at all. He is also an accomplished bow hunter. I think he hated what he had to do.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   

had to do?
i surely don't see this as a survival situation.
i see it more as just his being impatient.
maybe his beer was getting warm, or something.
i've been in the woods most of my life, if i was there, i undoubtedly would have left.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Oh no! Does this mean...gulp, Bambi is dead?

What about Thumper? Is Thumper ok?

By the way Deer kill more people in the United States through auto accidents than any other cause of violent death.

If they were Muslims killing themselves by walking in front of cars half the members would be calling for all out war.

It's time we put a stop to this onslaught of Jihadist deer!

Deer Accidents

According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration there are about 1.5 million car accidents with deer each year that result in $1 billion in vehicle damage, about 150 human fatalities, and over 10,000 personal injuries. The actual numbers are probably higher because the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration's figures for deer accidents, rely on inconsistent state reporting- there is no standard reporting of deer accidents in the country yet, and a "reportable deer accident" varies significantly between states.

Way to go Ted you have those murderous deer in a strangle hold right across their face...cue the music.

Ted Nugent, Deer enemy number 1 and a true American!

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   

i've been in the woods most of my life, if i was there, i undoubtedly would have left.

Without the footage that the network needed for the next show? He has contractual obligations in many areas. This just being one. He, imo, has over extended himself. It's not like Gene Simmon's show where the people are on site and ready to go. Animals have their own agenda.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   

yup, without the footage. if i'm late for work, and need to text someone, i don't do 90 while texting, just cause i may be late.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

I hope they have people on stand by with umbrellas in case it's raining between the hide and the golf cart, some of those fellas could get wet!

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join