It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Should Take That Extra Step!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Alright I know i'm not very liked user on here as i'am up front straight to the point and seemingly heartless with my thoughts sometimes...i'm just a dont beat around the bush guy so sorry if you've taken me the wrong way a time or 2..and we all know i'm not afraid to think outside the lines!

on to the point! I propose that ats take the next step forward in the networking area and this is what i mean on editing our profiles we should be allowed a music playlist! we should be allowed to add whatever back ground we want!

maybe a comments window where a friend can drop a line to say hey...and yes the u2u is good but how about if people that are added as friends and they have u as a friend we have a lil chat bar at the bottom so when some threads ur posting on goes stagnant u can go back to b/s'in with friends!

some might not like this idea some might just thought i'd throw it out there..b/c myspace has turned into a girly site..facebook sucks...ATS is where i spend most of my time anyway so why not jus make this site where people go instead of a tab opened for the other b/s sites!

let me know what you think and if everyone is in agreement maybe the mods will do something!

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by metalholic

they could partner with pandora, or some site like that. I think it would be great to have music on the same site I frequent. I like the idea.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
You have a Profile Page.

click - member center / public profile.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

the more enjoyable we can make it for all users the better!! plus it might be a great recruting option

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by metalholic

maybe a comments window where a friend can drop a line to say hey...

As soon as you make your first comment on your profile page, then other members can add comments to your profile too.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

yes but can we edit it the way we might want it say we wanted it to look like a personal webpage or have a certain layout...music playlist? comment window? chat bar?

lets be honest site is great love it!...could be better! and though perfection is inexistent...that doesnt mean dont take steps every now and again

[edit on 18-8-2010 by metalholic]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

yeah or imeem just thought of that!

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
My feeling is that certain abilities with respect to one-to-one communication makes sense because you make acquaintances and friends in a place like ATS ... and we have that. In my view, too much will be fatal. To mirror the offerings of the myspace/facebook ilk would turn ATS into myspace/facebook with some conspiracy afterthoughts. I much prefer my conspiracy site with just a few myspace/facebook "features" which we have with profiles, U2Us. Anything beyond that can be carried on outside of ATS in regular e-mail, IMs or the sites mentioned. My view.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by metalholic

Open your comments section. Check out other member's profiles. Some guys have pages of comments, videos and images. You can post your own stuff on the comments section and add a link in your sig posting whatever new stuff you've got in there. Change it every day if you want to. Not exactly what you're after, but it's a start.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Oh yeah good idea. Than we can have a top 8 friends and for some reason everyone has a friend named Tom. If you make me mad I will put you in spot 7!!! I vote not turn ATS into Myspace.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by kenny71

nah none of that b/s but music playlist and chat bar would be nice...no top friends b/c and not after a myspace ats!! though it may sound like it...but who on ats dont listen to music? and how many wouldnt compared to how many would...use a chat bar?

[edit on 18-8-2010 by metalholic]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
So let me get this straight no one wants to be able to add a layout that they want to there profile...me i wouldnt mind settin up a lamb of god layout or a minnesota vikings layout...

no one wants a music play list no one listens to music...me i want some music music soothes the soul!

and finally no one wants a chat bar just above the tool bar to chat with a buddy when a thread goes stagnant? u2u is good only if u got business goin on the chat bar would be instant messaging and let u know hwose online and who aint!

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
That is what MATS is for

You can customize your profile with background and music playlist
, add comments on friend's pages. Add friends, block people, upload photos, videos and more.

MATS is way more customizable than FB is and its connected to your account here

[edit on August 18th 2010 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
As for your chat bar......Might I suggest you use the ATS chat? I know not MANY folks frequent it, but who knows...maybe if you frequent it more, more people might show more of an interest? Give it a try my friend.

ATS Chat

top topics

join