It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cars with camera's anyone seen them

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Maybe I'm paranoid but I was at the gas station yesterday and I see this car parked with 4 black cameras one on each corner of the car at trunk level and bumper level I walked up to the rear the Guy driving was to busy looking in the store so I started snapping picks I have very good pics along with license plate on my Droid I just don't know how to get them on ATS

Thanks

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
What Was the model and/or type of car. Alot of trucks and minivans now have cameras on the back so the driver can see behind them easily when backing out of a drive way. As well some cars have sensors in the front an back which can look kinda like a small cameras.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Probably Google cars.

The one's doing the pics that we get when viewing Street View on Google Maps

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Yes, I have, my wife and I were out the other day and saw a Mazda RX7 with cameras mounted as you describe, one on each corner.

We looked at each other and both said Google car...lol

We live in Westminster CO. for reference

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
The street-view cams that google use are 360* cameras usually mounted on the roof.
Maybe google use other camera setups also??

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
The google Car that drove around my town said google all over it.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
In the Australian news the other day was a video about a car which had been fitted with cameras (5) after the family had been subjected to road rage

The news item the other day included video taken during a second road-rage incident, this time involving the family's two teenage sons who were repeatedly 'attacked' is the only word, by a raving lunatic who at teh time had his small child in the back

The video was provided to police. The family said in the news report that the cameras had proven their worth. I agree

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I too was at a gas station yesterday and I indeed noticed a black SUV had a camera on the dash pointed at me while I was pumping gas. We were facing each other at the pump. I did not inquire.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Could be one of the driving agencies cars, they sometimes go round getting registration numbers from cars on the street, and check them against the tax register to make sure they are legal to be on the road.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Here in the Netherlands we even have waste containers with camera's.
They make pictures when we are speeding.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Google has been mapping all roads with pictures. they do this by having people drive around with camaras mounted all around. I see them all the time living in the bay area, (HQ for google). nothen to worry about

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Also agencies who are responsible for roads might use these with gps to map roads. The way they do it is that the cameras in the corners of the car reads the paint on the road. I can't be sure thought unless you upload the pictures. ATS has a good help section for the media portal, check there.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
You can get these at Autozone for about eighty bucks.

I've been thinking about picking up one for myself.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
No this was not Google this Guy was watching someone on the store I was watching him. How do you post pics I have great shots

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by IndianaOps

Yet another bs thread! no pictures no nothing! M 25 yr old daughter told me yesterday that the reason my car was on empty is because she was abducted on her way to the gas station by aleins and they took my money. I right away scolded her for not telling me right away so that I could have made a terrific thread on it.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
READ THE THREAD BOURBON

I HAVE THE PICS

I don't know how to put them up they are clear show the cams on car and even his plate # also the driver watching someone in the store

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I have several cameras mounted in a vehicle I use for storm chasing with my oldest daughter. We even live stream on road trips.

I use both web cams and camcorders mounted.

I've seen these setups on dozens of vehicles.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I had a little personal conspiracy of my own, thanks to the google cars and their camera.

In 2007, I was dating a girl for a short time who was head over heels for me. I was into her, but not as much as she was into me. My fascination with her was purely physical. Anyway, I was beginning to lose interest and was starting to put her off more and more. I was pretty forthcoming with her and told her I wasn't as interested anymore. But that didn't stop her. Around that time I was moving out my house to give it to my ex wife, and was moving into an apartment. I didn't tell the girl where I was moving or anything. A few weeks later I get an IM on aim with a link. I clicked on it, and look what I find online...ME, MY CAR, and the next chick!! I couldn't believe how the truck passed by me at that one particular moment and I did not once give it a glance. The car caught me walking out the next girl's house, with my car door open (i was fixing my passenger side mirror). Her following IM was her telling me "I know where you live now"...LOL

Check it out, tell me what ya think!
66 greenvalley road, staten island, new york, 10312
Go to streetview, and move the camera forward just a little bit and you'll see my black car, a girl checking a mailbox, and me walking out...Talk about being a resourceful little stalker. btw, she stopped stalking me about two months ago cuz finally someone knocked her up, and she finally got something to focus her attention on.

[edit on 18-8-2010 by Sparkitekt]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by IndianaOps
READ THE THREAD BOURBON

I HAVE THE PICS

I don't know how to put them up they are clear show the cams on car and even his plate # also the driver watching someone in the store

upload them into your profile, when you click on your photo you get 3 options.
use as avatar etc. The last is use as embedded picture.

Use that link in your post.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
OMG it says uploads disabled can I send these to someone to post

Let me know

Thanks

[edit on 19-8-2010 by IndianaOps]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join