It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran to get Russian uranium in May

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2003 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Iran to get Russian Uranium in May...

www.russiajournal.ru...

posted on Mar, 13 2003 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Good to keep an eye on such things, but doesn't seem to be anything to worry about, Saddam has had enough trouble trying to enrich his uranium, why would Iran have less so?

posted on Mar, 14 2003 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Very interesting. I'm sure Bush will spit his coffee when he reads it.

posted on Mar, 14 2003 @ 01:25 PM
link   
When the Government says something to the public there is always a reason for it. Don't think the Axis of Evil speech was intended to just scare those three countries into playing nice. I'm sure G.W. and the administration has plans laid out for all three.....

posted on Mar, 14 2003 @ 02:17 PM
link   
The source is a Russian one...
, not Bush...

posted on Mar, 14 2003 @ 03:44 PM
link   
True, this story is from a Russian source, but you will start to hear a lot more Iran stories in the coming weeks I would imagine.

I would bet we might deal with N. Korea next though, they are getting a little big for thier britches. Who knows. It would make sense to take care of Iran while we have all of our equiptment and troops there though.

We shall see.

posted on Mar, 14 2003 @ 03:45 PM
link   
One Goliath at a time there, David!

posted on Mar, 14 2003 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I'm not sure you could call either of those countries Goliath.....

posted on Mar, 14 2003 @ 03:53 PM
link   
get such a response...

Only in so far as their capability to create a political nightmare...

posted on Mar, 14 2003 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Didn't I read withing the last couple of weeks there is now the wherewithall to make nuclear weaponry without enriched fuel? Today's technology isn't the same as our grandfathers'. Unfortunately.

posted on Mar, 14 2003 @ 06:24 PM
link   
When the Government says something to the public there is always a reason for it Posted by JMS88

I highly agree. Should always assume that what you see on CNN or anywhere else is only there because someone wants you to see it...

This may well be just the US cranking up the sentiment against the mid east, or maybe Iran is producing nukes and slipping them across the border to Iraq (would give us a VERY nasty surprise if that were the case!)

posted on Mar, 15 2003 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I think that eventually it will be inevitable that these countries ALL have nukes at thier disposal. That is why a missle defense program is so important to the US and all of it's allies.

Pre 9/11 this idea was scoffed at, but now I think most people would agree it's essential.

posted on Mar, 15 2003 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Granted the idea of nuclear prolifferation is a scary thought, but I believe the US isnt really all that worried. First of all, we have plans to take out most of the mideast within the next 10 years or so (Iraq is just the launch pad). We also have an ace up our sleeves in the form of HAARP, which among other things is rumored to be capable of "dudding" nukes before they are launched.

posted on Mar, 15 2003 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Why doesn't anyone care or take the time to notice that the U.S. has one of the largest stalk piles of nuclear weapons, in the world. I am Iranian, and from my point of view it looks like the U.S. is a bigger threat than Iraq or Iran. Anyways, Iran just has started to build one of their first nuclear fascilities about last week (I think).

posted on Mar, 15 2003 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Mr. Catalyst, do you really think the US is going to try and sneak a Nuke into Berlin, or London, or Paris, or Moscow and just blow it up because they are the "Infidels".

The problem isn't other nations gaining nukes, it's which nations. Iran, not so much as Iraq, and no where near so much as N. Korea, can't be trusted with nuclear weapons. Iranians probably harbor no anger to USA or any other non-muslim Nations, but the government had exhibited such.

For other nations though, some like Iraq really shouldn't have a pea shooter, they are not to be trusted with anything.

posted on Mar, 16 2003 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Gazrok-One Goliath at a time there, David!

JMS88-I'm not sure you could call either of those countries Goliath.....

===================================

True niether of these entities are a match for the USA as a world power and WAR machine.

But they represent the homelands for many of the Muslim clerics who guide the people of Islam, who are in numbers far superior then any force on earth, larger even then the mighty millions of the regular Chinese Nationals.

So we must always keep in mind that, YES, we are at war but we are at war with a country; not the religion. For if we cross that imaginary line in the sand, we are doomed.

You can fight a war against a government but you can not fight a war of religion. One only needs to look to history to see what bloody folly such tactics would bring, not just to the US but to all mankind.

We are no longer fighting with swords and spears, horse and lance. It would now become much less quaint and much more deadly. Or we would need to follow a rather "Final Solution" that is not acceptable to any truly civilized culture, regardless of how "superior" one might feel.

Peace.

new topics

top topics

join