It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists suggest fresh look at psychedelic substances

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
the bias against the study of psychotropic drugs is just amazing, even here.. wow, how can you say it is not a good idea to see if these substances have any medical benefits while supporting the use of opiates and methamphetamine as medicine? don't let the governments legislation of morality sway your decision on this matter. we all know uncle sam doesn't always know best. preventing scientists from further studying these drugs just because they are illegal makes no sense, it is not like they are going to be handed out at high schools and county fairs. we are talking studying these drugs in a completely controlled environment here. they let these guys build atom bombs and deadly strains of bacteria, but they won't let them give lsd to a rhesus monkey? give me a break...

[edited for kelsey grammar]

[edit on 18-8-2010 by 2weird2live2rare2die]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 07:18 AM
link   
This article made me laugh

You can't stop it. They are everywhere in nature. Most people have some idiotic vision of stupid hippies munching mushrooms and seeing colors. That is not the case at all.

We're dealing with things of life and death here. For most people, a psychedelic experience is the closest thing you'll ever get to an adventure. They create states that makes you feel like you're dying. And make you feel like you're really ALIVE for the first time in your life.

Bill Gates and Steve Jobs are both old acidheads by the way

Okay.. let me rephrase this:

There is absolutely NO TELLING what would happen if the western world took the psychedelic under serious study by the masses. They are cruel. They are kind. They might just be the ticket to understand everything we can about our universe.

And, as stated throughout the decades now, they are - in a way - a shortcut into states achievable by meditation and "spiritual" practices. They will take you through the whole spectrum of emotions. You'll laugh, you'll cry.

Actually, they cannot even be talked about

[edit on 19/8/2010 by Tryptych]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I think each and everyone who has studied these things have known this for ages.

The war on drugs has nothing to do with how dangerous drugs are, it is a political and social and economical control scheme.

Most psychedelics are physically really safe, and the danger attributed to their mind manifesting properties are exaggerated totally out of proportion.

This news, along with many similar ones are an indication that the times are finally changing and common sense starts to return. Just think about how much damage the PROPAGANDA campaign called war on drugs, perpetrated by USA managed to cause when people had no way of verifying the disinformation fed to them.

[edit on 8/19/2010 by above]

<< 1   >>

join