It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why not promote ATS Live with u2us

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
To start, this is not a dig at "The Conspiracy Chicks" or what they do for ATS.

But why does ATS management not promote the excellent work being done by Nef and his team in giving ATS 2, yes 2, live radio shows a week.

Come on ATS Management, is it so hard to promote all the excellent shows produced both video and audio here of ATS with a u2u.

And just how many more listeners would each of the ATS Live shows get if they were promoted with a u2u?

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Freedom ERP

I think you'll get an answer to your question/s here, at the ATS Issue Thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by TortoiseKweek

There are a huge number of posts of that thread, so please be specific on which posts?

And not sure how this relates to my thread?

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   

What I meant to say is you should re-post on that thread, and is it specific to issues that members bring forward, and you'll most likely get a response quicker. (I do apologise, after re-reading my post it sounded like I was telling you to go there specifically for the answers - whoopsie, my bad)

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Yay!! Spam U2U me about stuff I dont care to participate in!! Woot.

I just got one about episode 4 of something or other. Cybermen delete!

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   

shhhh!

ATS LIVE is for the die hard ATSers!!!!

The Conspiracy Chicks' target audience is all ATSers.

now that i got the humor out of the way...

Originally posted by TortoiseKweek

I think you'll get an answer to your question/s here, at the ATS Issue Thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

i think Tortuise may be right. you might get a quicker response in that thread, or in the "What would you like to see from ATS/BTS in the future " thread, although i might be paraphrasing the title. i'll be back with a link.

[edit on 18-8-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

i almost had the title right, but here is a link to that thread for future suggestions: www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 18-8-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   

I think that is a great idea...and they should also make sure to let people know to come to chat while ATS Live is on...because that is a big part of the show IMO.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

The purpose of the u2u would be to alert members to the fact that a ATS Live show was happening. You, of course, have the ability to delete any u2u.

And have you given the ATS Live shows a listen?

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
deleted
wrong thread

[edit on 18-8-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I hope they do not pick up this suggestion.

We already get spammed with a pop up for some video when going to the home page, and one for conspiracy chicks, and one for Mr. Overlord's threads. I do not want anymore.

And like someone else said, ATS Live is for the diehards, and there is a thread started for it each week.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I'd prefer they keep the U2U spam to an absolute minimum, not even convinced the Conspiracy Chicks should be advertized that way but willing to give it a pass as its still fairly new.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I agree with this statement. I am sick of clicking on the top threads just to divert my attention to the red little button. I can't take my eyes off!!! I have to click on it to see who sent me a message, just to find out it was ATS mods spamming about chicks.

It reminds me of those bots spamming about increasing my length and girth.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamsupermanv2
And like someone else said, ATS Live is for the diehards, and there is a thread started for it each week.

I'm flattered by the attention in this thread but I have to say I'm somewhat puzzled by this comment.

Diehards? - you lost me - ATS Live is for everybody! We try to cover all kinds of topics and issues and constantly look for member interaction via the chat room and Skype.

Could you explain what you mean please? We want to reach as large an audience as possible and all comments about the show are welcome.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Firstly, I think the OP has a great idea. And as OutKast said, the chat room rocks during the show!

Secondly, I don't know what a 'diehard' is, but I don't think I'm one. And I LOVE the ATS Live show.

Then, I gotta say.... SPAM U2Us????
Man, if you can't take a couple seconds to hit a red button and then hit a Delete button, you're going way too fast! Slow down. Listen to the show. You may not like it, but you might. And don't fret over a U2U button.

:shk:

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
But, if i do go to the Conspiracy Chicks Discussion thread, after reading the invite in my u2u, and watch the Conspiracy Chicks, Julie does mention ATS LIVE, ATS LIVE Euro, their scheduled airtime, and their website.

reply to post by neformore

I’m sorry guys, someone misinterpreted my attempt at humor.
I think I started that rumor with this post:

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher

shhhh!

ATS LIVE is for the die hard ATSers!!!!

The Conspiracy Chicks' target audience is all ATSers.

now that i got the humor out of the way... **snip**…

Sorry for that, it wasn't really intended to be recieved the way it was taken by some.

i was (jokingly) implying that ATS LIVE is for those members who are willing to do a little more to participate.

There are differences in the formats, mediums, and level of participation required to be involved:

With one:
1) stay up through the middle of the night and listen to the broadcast live for a few hours (also on avalable on replay/recording).
2) Get a Skype account.
3) participate in conversations (via Skype) on LIVE radio broadcasts.
4) follow along in chat while ATS LIVE is broadcasting live.
5) read/contribute to the ATS LIVE threads.
6) Share their thoughts with the ATS LIVE team via the chat function.

With the other:
1) Available at your leisure to watch for 15 minutes or so.
2) Participate in the discussion thread about the show.
3) Visit, read, participate in the thread topics mentioned on the show.

I'm a fan of both for many reasons!

but one takes less effort, and is less interactive.

one takes longer, and is more interactive, not too mention LIVE.

those are a few of the real factors that led me to make that statement.

I did not mean it literally, though.

they are simply different mediums, different formats.

Both offering us ATSers with benefits and entertaining and information, and BOTH inviting and receptive to ALL ATS MEMBERS.

Having said all that to explain my poor choice of rhetoric/wording ...

i retract my earlier statement.

Neformore,
sorry for my poor choice of words. but, i did say it was meant as a humorous remark.

great show btw,
et

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
ATS Live is for Die Hard fans? Well then, Yippie-kai-yay.... Actually ATS Live is for everyone. Anyone can call in. Sure the topics are topics that are cover on ATS, and sometimes particular threads are discussed. Sometimes the topic whatever a member calls in and wants to talk about. There was one show where everyone (hosts and callers) just told their personal stories of paranormal/ghosts/cryptological events.

Topics discussed on the board, topics not discussed on the board, personal stories, special guest callers and here lately some guy named Cletus has made it on air....

Think of it as sort of like Talk Radio only without the boring talk aspects.

The Saturday show is hosted by various moderators, tends to be US centric but covers world wide topics, the Euro show on Wednesdays is European focused and is hosted by a mix of moderators and regular members.

And if you are under the impression that the mods aren't human enough to laugh or argue, then you definitely have not listened to the show.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I usually listen in to both shows, missed todays
and I think this is a great idea.

I don't care about U2Us from staff, I just delete them after I read them. If I see the topic is not of interest I dont even open it.

I know I forget about the show sometimes when I am busy so a nice little reminder would be great. I don't always see the thread on the show when they post them.

Nice idea OP

Oh and to whoever said it was for die hards, well no it's for all members. Listen and call in sometime

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ahabstar
There was one show where everyone (hosts and callers) just told their personal stories of paranormal/ghosts/cryptological events.

can't believe I missed that one, I have good paranormal experiences that i would love to talk about on the show! Next time

Topics discussed on the board, topics not discussed on the board, personal stories, special guest callers and here lately some guy named Cletus has made it on air....

Cletus is the one who has that really southern drawl right? lol Great! Um yeah Cletus should stay!

And if you are under the impression that the mods aren't human enough to laugh or argue, then you definitely have not listened to the show.

AGREED! The mods are great on the show. I love the singing, more please

top topics

join