It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks To Release The Remaining 15,000 Classified Documents Within "The Next Two To Four Weeks"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Assange, who has gained worldwide attention since WikiLeaks' publication of the so-called Afghan War Diary last month, confirmed that the website planned to release the remaining 15,000 classified documents it holds within "the next two to four weeks"

www.thelocal.se...

The Local reported on Sunday that Assange had confirmed that WikiLeaks plans to submit a formal application this week for a Swedish publishing licence (utgivningsbevis) in order to guarantee that the website is covered by Swedish whistleblower protection laws.

www.thelocal.se...

Assange has apparently been to Sweden to make a deal with the Swedish newspaper: 'Aftonbladet' about being a columnist (a journalist who writes for publication in a series) to write in their newspaper - they will now hire him as Columnist.

By doing so, he can apparently receive something that in Swedish is called: Proof of publishing or "Swedish publication authorization licence " - which means that he's protected by the Swedish publishing Law written in the Swedish constitution - about protecting sources.

Sweden is well knowned for having one of the most free press Laws and the strongest protection of sources in the world.

And Swedish journalists never have to reveal their sources, and it's for an example actually forbidden for the authorities to even ask a journalist about his whistleblowing sources in case of a Government scandal would occur if there is enough circumstantial evidence or similar - the journalist can then print his article and be fully protected by the Swedish constitution about a total free Swedish press.

So by doing this smart collaboration with the Swedish newspaper and have a column in their newspaper, writing for them - and by doing so receive a "Swedish publication authorization licence" which apparently would make all Wikileaks servers in Sweden to be protected by the Swedish constitution.

Yeah! I heard this the other day on the radio so no special link for this, but everything I said can be verified by these recent news links from Sweden above and below!

Here's a google translation from Aftonbladet in Swedish to English about the Columnist deal - sorry for bad google translation, but it is what it is - blame google!
LOL!

Google Translation From Swedish Newspaper Aftonbladet

Editor-in-chief Jan Helin greet Julian Assange welcome as a new columnist for Aftonbladet

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/61e9be910554.jpg[/atsimg]

WikiLeaks to apply for Swedish licence

WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange has revealed that he will submit a formal application this week for a Swedish publishing licence (utgivningsbevis) in order to guarantee that the website is covered by Swedish whistleblower protection laws.

www.thelocal.se...

Assange: Swedish press freedoms 'most proven'

Julian Assange, the Australian founder of whistleblower website WikiLeaks, has praised Swedish legislation protecting the freedom of the press but says that other countries, such as Iceland, are also working to improve their legal framework.

www.thelocal.se...

So for everyone who are interested in this, it's now confirmed from Assange in Sweden that the new 15,000 classified documents will apparently be released within "the next two to four weeks".

I am wondering about these remaining documents though, will there be anything mindblowing, or any new stuff revealed in this "secret" yet unreleased batch - or will it be just an anti-climax of nothingness with information that is already known to most news-junkies here on ATS?

So what do ya think?

[edit on 18-8-2010 by Chevalerous]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
there is nothing on wikileaks twitter about this

let's hope there is some real mind blowing stuff in these next set of docs

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeadpoolPete

let's hope there is some real mind blowing stuff in these next set of docs

Yeah!

Assange has apparently been to Sweden these last days to make certain arrengments for Wikileaks.

I don't know why it is not on Twitter - but both the Swedish press, TV and radio has made several interviews with him these recent days - I have seen him in an interview on TV the other day and likewise heard him in an interview on Radio a couple of days ago.

I'm looking for any more information from Sweden regarding this - maybe I can find a video clip from the TV news in Swedish?

But this is only getting better - this is really funny! Arr Arr!

Pirate Party to host WikiLeaks servers

The Swedish Pirate Party confirmed on Tuesday that it has agreed to host a number of new servers located in the country by the whistleblower website WikiLeaks. "The Pirate Party will provide bandwidth and hosting to WikiLeaks free of charge as part of its political mission," the party said in a statement.

It said the agreement was reached at a meeting in Stockholm at the weekend with WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange.

www.thelocal.se...

The Swedish Pirate Party, created in 2006 to campaign for more freedom on the Internet, scored a breakthrough in the 2009 European elections by taking 7.1 percent of the vote in the Scandinavian country.

The Swedish Pirate Party's Press Release:
press.piratpartiet.se...

The Swedish Pirate Party scored a breakthrough when they won two seats early June 2009 in the European elections to the European Parliament.

Part of the Pirate Party's platform is to increase people's privacy on the web, and to protect freedom of speech, about copyright reform, privacy, reduction of the surveillance state and net neutrality.

And the Pirate Party is now spreading out around the Globe! Haha!

Pirate Parties International

Pirate Parties International (PPI) is the political international of the Pirate Party movement. It was formally founded in 2010 at the PPI conference in Brussels, Belgium.

The first Pirate party was the Swedish Piratpartiet, founded on January 1, 2006. Other parties and groups were formed in Austria, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Ireland, the Netherlands, Poland, and Spain. In 2007

en.wikipedia.org...

There's apparently even a Pirate Party in the U.S - I didn't know that!
en.wikipedia.org...

Arr Arr! Swashbucklin' the scurvy dogs through the EU Parliament matey!

[edit on 18-8-2010 by Chevalerous]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeadpoolPete

*snip*

I found the Swedish news-segment from a couple of days ago!

They are clearly saying in Swedish that the remaining 15.000 documents will be released in a couple of weeks.

Exactly the same as the news-site: thelocal.se are reporting and is confirming in English in the above links in the OP.

I don't know why this is not reported in the foreign MSM beside the Swedish MSM?

Some sort of International censorship at work perhaps?

Here's another very recent interview with Assange from the main Swedish TV news: Aktuellt

And for those who are interested about Julian Assange latest trip to Sweden these recent days, I'll also post these 5 videos from a political conference meeting in Sweden August 14th:

WikiLeaks.org Julian Assange giving a talk in Stockholm, Sweden, August 14th 2010.

I just saw him being interviewed again on the late news in Sweden tonight - so I think he's still in Sweden.

Still no confirmation about the coming release on Twitter so far though?

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Internet is a funny place! Thailand tries to block WikiLeaks website but the truth seems to be unstoppable and will always find alternative ways out to the Internet citizens!

Thailand tries to block WikiLeaks website

BANGKOK — Thai authorities have used emergency powers to restrict access to the WikiLeaks whistleblower website on security grounds, an official said Wednesday, fanning controversy over Internet censorship.

www.google.com...

Then just two days later today we can read
:

Cyberactivists Unblock Wikileaks for Thai Netizens

A group of anonymous Internet activists has set up a website to display information about Thailand that comes from the whistle-blower site Wikileaks, which is blocked to some viewers in the Southeast Asian country.

The group calling itself "Wikicong" said Friday it set up the thaileaks.info site as "a tool to break the censorship" — an apparent reference to alleged efforts by the Thai government to block access to the material, which includes a private video of the country's Crown Prince Vajiralongkorn.

abcnews.go.com...

'Wikicong' cyberactivists launch new website displaying Wikileaks information on Thailand

BANGKOK — A group of anonymous Internet activists has set up a website to display information about Thailand that comes from the whistle-blower site Wikileaks, which is blocked to some viewers in the Southeast Asian country.

www.google.com...

Haha! 'Wikicong' LOL!

And if the U.S administration would be insane enough to use a 'kill-switch' - people outside of the U.S would probably just ditch ICANN and the U.S name/root servers - then create new root servers outside U.S control on separate set of networks and continue without the U.S just as business as usual!

Resistance To Internet Control Is Hopefully Not Futile! - just ask 'Wikicong'

[edit on 20-8-2010 by Chevalerous]

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Wow!

Wikileaks Lawyer Says Pentagon Given Access to Unpublished Secret Documents

A U.S. lawyer representing the whistleblowing website Wikileaks says U.S. government officials have been given codes and passwords granting them online access to official U.S. government documents that Wikileaks so far has not published.

Newsweek

Earlier this week, Assange and Pentagon spokesmen indulged in a bout of long-distance name-calling, with Pentagon spokesmen denying that U.S. Defense officials had “any direct contact with WikiLeaks,"
---
In an e-mail to Declassified, Assange insisted: “We are correct, the Pentagon lies or misleads, as per usual.”

Wikileaks says Pentagon Given Access to Unpublished Secret Documents so they can look for names of informers etc etc

I think that is a great move by Wikileaks because some were critical that names could be published of Afghan informers who themselves then would be in great danger and the lives of their innocent families could be at risk!

And I think this was the main problem many had with this latest release of documents.

Wikileaks has now apparently asked Pentagon which names they want to remove from this latest batch before publishing.

They want of course instead have this whole circus stopped without any publishing at all - but wikileaks has now apparently confirmed that they will release the documents in a couple of weeks when the documents are sanitized and clean from any names of people who can be put in harm's way.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by menbarra124

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/25a1e0b09497.jpg[/atsimg]

LOL!
an automated spam-bot!

Hilarious! is that the only replies I can expect to attract here?
Haha!

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Hilarious!

Early in the morning two girls are reported to have been raped by Julian Assange in Sweden and that Assange is wanted by the Swedish Police.

Later in the day we can read:

Assange no longer wanted

Chief prosector Eva Finné has come to the desicion that Julian Assange is not suspected of rape. Considering that, Assange is no longer arrested in his absence.

Eva Finné will make no other comments during Saturday night.

www.aklagare.se...

Haha! some agents probably pay two Swedish girls to go to the Police and say that Mr. Assange raped and molested them!

The no-nonsense Swedish police investigators then discover during the day rather quickly that these are fictional stories from the two girls, and retract their arrest order - and Assange is no longer "wanted" by the Swedish police.

The cry-rape girls can actually go to jail in Sweden for this - false accusations about rape is taken very serious on - since there has been many cases over the years.

The farce will surely continue - stay tuned!

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Wikileaks says Australia warned of 'dirty tricks'

STOCKHOLM — Australian intelligence services had warned WikiLeaks of "dirty tricks" before Swedish authorities issued a short-lived arrest warrant for founder Julian Assange over a rape claim, he said Monday.

"We were warned on the 11th (of August) by Australian intelligence that we should expect this sort of thing," Assange said in a telephone interview with broadcaster Al-Jazeera from a secret location in Sweden.

www.google.com...

Wait a minute! WikiLeaks warned by the Australian intelligence services? I thought they were allies to the U.S in the WarOnTerra - how very kind of them to warn Mr. Julian Assange on the 11th of August.

Is the Australian Government going rough on the U.S?

"We were warned about dirty tricks and specifically that they would be of a type like this," the 39-year-old Australian said.

"We don't have direct evidence that this is coming from a US or other intelligence" agency, he said. "We can have some suspicions about who will benefit, but without direct evidence I won't be making direct allegations."

Cool!

new topics

top topics

join